• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Yes, I still do. I'm still playing Heart Gold because I want all the Pokemon in my current team to reach level 100. As for Soul Silver, I'm not playing it anymore.

Ostrich

Derpatoligist
    Years
  • I'm brand new around here and I still play Soulsilver. Could someone tell me what a "Nuzlocke" is?

Years
  • Im playing SoulSilver doing a water monotype challenge

Nope, mostly because I have several shiny and event Pokemon on that save file and absolutely no way to get them to my Platinum game (no second DS, no wi-fi access) so I really can't play Soul Silver again for fear of losing them.

Plus there's my whole "Anti-Red-Because-He's-Weak-And-Too-Dumb-To-Evolve-His-Ugly-Yellow-Rodent-And-Kept-My-Favorite-Character-Out-Of-The-Game" campaign that I've been supporting since the games came out.
    are you sure you arent confusing Red with his retarded cousin Ash lol :surprised:

Last edited:

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • I still play it, but not much. There's not much left for me to do except get a few phone numbers and level grind to complete the PokeDex, and that gets old pretty fast. Once I get the National PokeDex on White I'm probably going to transfer all my Pokemon over and restart.

^ This. Well, until a few days ago. I finally managed to borrow my friend's DS (I have a DSi) and transfer my pokemon over. Just restarted SS 3 days ago and still having a blast. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2012
    HG/SS are the best games since FR/LG, of COURSE I'm still playing them! I just started Hard Gold and Pitch Black so I'm switching off, but I definitely play HG/SS more because the UI was insanely awesome.

Years
  • I'm loving SoulSilver. I just bought a DS and the first games I purchased were SS and White. I'm a huge fan of the original silver as well and this remake is very well done.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Actually I had stopped to play my Soul Silver version for several months, because I had finished the game and was fed up, but yesterday I decided to start it again :) And I'm not disappointed, each time this game is still great. (but I have to admit that the songs disturb me, I prefer the one from the original GSC)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd only play it to trade between it and Pearl tbh just so all my Pokemon are on there, otherwise I kinda have no reason to play it. If I had SoulSilver though, I'd play that HOWEVER I do not desire to reset HG. :( Sooo yeah.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    not so much, but i plan on resetting the game very soon, that or i actually play the original silver, but im not sure how long i have before that and blue go dry :/

Bayrock

Dedicated
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    4th Gen still stands as my favorite generation, and Heartgold is my favorite game to play through that involves those Pokémon.

I'm soft resetting for a shiny on my Heartgold right now, and have totaled a little over 3,500 resets so far.

I'm getting into 5th Gen now sadly though, because it's seemed to die.

2/20/12 - After nearly 4,000 resets, I've earned myself a Shiny Chikorita, Male, Serious nature. I plan on resetting more as well.

Last edited:

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I think I sold my Heartgold, but I still have my Soul Silver version with all 400ish pokes I caught and the 999:99 play clock. XD

Years
  • The last time my friend brought his HeartGold to my house he was stealing my internet so he could finish his National Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I actually restarted not too long ago. Just made it to Victory Road! I'm really glad I did! I've got a great team going this time (and finding myself a shiny Sudowoodo doesn't hurt either.)

Back