• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

does anyone still play

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
Years
  • I have been wondering about gen 3 and gen 2 but does anyone actually play the original gold/silver or ruby/emerald/sapphire fire red/leaf green I know at least one person on this forum does and that's ME (LOL) because I have got a save on the go but do you still play gen 2 and 3 or even gen 1

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I think nearly everyone play's the old games :| I know for a fact there are loads of people on this forum who still play, including myself.

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
    Years
  • I think nearly everyone play's the old games :| I know for a fact there are loads of people on this forum who still play, including myself.

cool I were just wondering because the graphics were old and I didn't think that anyone would play it because you can get every pokemon from just two games lol

Years
  • Graphics isn't everything. An engaging storyline is pretty important.
    I won't say that the new games don't have a good storyline but I kinda liked Emerald more than I like D/P/Pt. It didn't have the features offered by the newer games but I liked Emerald's plot and the region as a whole.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I play old games more than DPPt tbh. And I love the advanced generation (not so much FRLG though!) and don't even get me started about gen I and II. :) Haha. Plenty of people still play old games, I mean, what'd ya expect on a Pokemon forum? :P

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • I still play them. It's kinda of like a little reminder that all this cool new stuff with all that eye/ear candy came from something so...well, by today's standards, simple. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Playing the old games is like revisiting the good ol' times again. The music, the storyline, the events, they are all memorable. I still have a piece of history myself.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • I've recently had a playthrough of Emerald, played a bit of FR, and now that I have a Gameboy emulator on my Zune, I've been playing some Blue. XD I see no problem with going back to replay games for the fun of it. Plus, if you liked the story, it's the only way you can see it again. Sure, if you just want to battle, then you should stick to newer gens, but you can't really get the RSE story from doing so. I always like replaying RPGs to see the story again.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I no longer play them but have them laying around incase i want to ever play them again.

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I still play it sometimes. Though not very often. I enjoy gen 1 over gen 2 and 3 though. As for why, well it is mostly because I like the pokemon in that one more. I just always have. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I occassionally replay Sapphire or Emerald, just to get that feeling of nostalgia ^^'

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I play Pt/HG/SS more often nowadays, but I come to Emerald sometimes to do the Battle Factory for fun.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I occasionally play Platinum and i am starting to play Heartgold seeing as I have found my pokewalker. I'm looking to get White as well.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Graphics isn't everything. An engaging storyline is pretty important.
    I won't say that the new games don't have a good storyline but I kinda liked Emerald more than I like D/P/Pt. It didn't have the features offered by the newer games but I liked Emerald's plot and the region as a whole.

I agree with you, Emerald was my best, in my opinion, the best region and game. The region, Hoenn, had some neat pokemon and a plot to go with it. Th epokemon are in the middle of the GOOD and BAD to some. I play firered too, brings back old memories and nostalgia....:)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mostly just Leaf Green, as far as the main series go. I can't be bothered with Hoenn. However, I'm playing through Colosseum right now and plan on playing XD after finishing up Colo.

Manaphy.10

Not Your Average Gamer
    Years
  • Heck yeah. I still play Emerald, Blue, FireRed and Crystal. XD and Colleseum are very fun to play as well, but it is hard to find a time when my brothers aren't hogging the Wii.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • This forum revolved around the first three generations for years and practically still does too.

Most of us still play Gen 1, 2 AND 3 games on a daily basis, as well as playing the modern games.

Back