• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone you know play Pokemon GO?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Do any of your close friends or family play Pokemon GO? How about your boss or your colleagues at work? I ask because my mum has been getting into Pokemon GO recently! In fact, I think she's been playing more than I have at this point. She's currently a higher level than I am but I don't mind since that means she must be enjoying the game. I'm just glad that we both agree that Zubats are awful and that Weedles are adorable.

I think it's really cool how this game can bring people together though. I never thought I'd have a pokemon catching competition with my mum out of all people?! I suggested a competition as a joke but now she says that if I win, I get 20 dollars. We haven't had a competition yet since I've been busy with school but we'll probably be having one over the weekend. I've also been teaching her a lot about the different Pokemon and what items and Pokestops do which I honestly thought I'd never have to do. So that's my small story! What about you guys?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    My wife is as addicted as I am which is awesome because I don't think I would play half as much as I do if she didn't understand it. My eldest son is 6 so he loves it as well. I know 2 of my bosses at work were playing it when it first came out but I don't know if they still are. I've seen some old school friends who I hadn't seen in 10 years playing so that was nice

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Almost everyone I know play it, or at least have played when the game was launched initially; classmates, co-workers, friends, you name it. It's incredible how popular Pokemon GO seemingly is among people.

Years
  • When the game was initially released, everyone at my school was playing it, it was so popular. But now I've returned after the summer holidays, I don't think I've seen one person playing and I'm sure after a while the general stereotyping against Pokemon will carry over to Go (at least in my situation anyway).

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Pretty much all of my immediate friends play it, and some of their friends, and even one of my friends who has never played another Pokemon game in her life sent us a group message one day that was just "OH MY GOD I CAUGHT A PONYTA".

We don't play it as much as when it first came out, but sometimes we do, and I still people around this area playing it often enough.

Years
  • A close friend and the boyfriend used to play, but they really don't anymore. D: Friend got tired of Pokémon constantly popping out of pokéballs when that bug was around and idk if she picked it back up after it was fixed. Boyfriend lost interest because he lives in a very rural area so there isn't much to find in terms of Pokémon and pokéstops. /:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Nearly my entire family plays and most of my closest friends play or have played.

Funny thing about my family is that we're all on different teams :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    The initial craze was awesome. I was living in southern California and would go to the major spots (beaches, malls, etc.) and see tons of people playing, even as late as 2am. All my friends were playing and many of them still are. I was teaching high school summer school chemistry classes and many of my students were playing. It was great!

Now I moved to New Hampshire because my wife is doing some medical training at Dartmouth and I don't see anyone playing anymore. I work AT Dartmouth College and I'm shocked that I never see lures out, rarely see gyms changing hands, etc. Thankfully I officially got my wife playing this weekend and she's on her way with good progress. She upped 10 levels this weekend! I was getting really discouraged to play, but now that we play together, battle gyms together, etc. I'm much much more encouraged than before.

I've searched for pokemon go groups out here with no luck, sadly.

Years
  • My best friend plays Pokemon Go, alongside several of my other close friends. I was out at my friend's house and we were at some playground that was a gym and we took it over, but this kid who was bringing kms on an electric scooter came and took it over right as we left. It's crazy how many people play this game right now.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • On (Canadian) launch day, my mom got the game about 10 hours before I did, and she is two levels above me because she leaves home more often than I do. It's a bit of a disgrace, I suppose.

I don't have any local friends, but my online buddies play the game as well of course.

Back