• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does Crystal EVER die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saviour_Gundam

ZGMF-X23S
    Years
    • Age 36
    • CT
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    YYYup my crystal is still good, Typhlosion, Magneton, Golem, Politoed, Crobat and Umbreon just the way i left them

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    If it has any time introduced, it will eventually fail, since it's running on an internal clock, and once it goes, the whole game goes with it!

MightyMightyena

<== Shiny Mightyena Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    I guess you could just leave your gameboy running all the time and clock tons of hours standing in one spot looking at the same thing (in game of course) to keep your save going. But once your batteries die you have a few seconds to change them before all is lost again...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Does that mean I'll have to trade at least 3 times in order to get a Bulbasaur onto Diamond? :o
    Well, none actually as GSC (2nd gen games) can't trade with 3rd gen games. Which made a lot of people annoyed. Due to reworking of IV's and all, I believe.

For me - had a Silver which lasted ages, but has died half a year to a year ago. :( Good times. Also had a Crystal which died a bit eariler - probably due tot he fact it wasn't all that legit. It was on a 2-in-2 cartridge which also had Pokemon Diamond. No, not the new Diamond one, but a pirated version of a game called Telefang. Poorly translated enrish makes for funniness, but also some swearing... (and since whent he guns and hammers evolve things called 'electric monsters'? Really twisted - I suggest a trip and a search around trsrockin.com, which has some stuff on it for those who are curious).

In Crystal, had a few glitches as well, such as a 'box of DOOM' (looking at it was bad), I could readily change the day by looking at the Pokegear or flying... and so forth. In it's last days I recall encountering a Magikarp... which used Explosion. o-O That's when it really stuffed up and I tried playing it again, and then it died soon after. Ah, memories. :)

*leaves promoting a GS remake*

MightyMightyena

<== Shiny Mightyena Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    I think a GS remake is a good idea, bring back a legend with updated graphics

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Honestly, I have all of my original save files, all the way back to Red. I haven't ever had the battery go bad on me :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Gold, Silver, and Crystal are working just as if I bought them. -shifty eyes on Gold version-

But yeah, still working, as well as my Yellow, Blue, and Red. <3

Shyok

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    i play mine sometimes..., but now i'm really bored of it.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
    I have a japanese crystal, which came out a year earlier than the US one, and I still have my save file. But my english crystal doesn't save anymore. That doesn't make sense!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Whoa whoa whoa, this thread is almost a year old. Please do not revive threads when they haven't got a post for a month.

~Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back