• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Death ever freak you out?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • I don't believe in an afterlife. I do what I do because I don't think I'll ever get another chance.

I don't like death. I'm a bit desensitized to it, but it's something I really dislike. I understand it's natural and all, but despite that, I think it's quite sad. It's one of the most terrible occurrences, and the real tragedy is, it happens to everyone.

CGCoder

Rawr Profile Stalker D:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    two things in life are guaranteed for us:
    Life and
    Death. Sure im afraid of death even though im a christian its not me i fear for its everyone around me. Death is something that is completely natural, its what makes us human.

Years
  • I'm not the kind of person to worry about death. We all stare death in the eyes even though we're not in danger. I saw my Dad die and I was affected by it, but I had a guess he knew that it would be coming soon. But not the way he went. It's only when it's unexpected that it affects you.

If you're going to die, go out with a bang.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I'm not scared of dying. I'm scared of the people around me dying. See, I believe that there is an afterlife, even if I'm an Atheist. I believe that you can come back as something else, more than likely human. I just don't want to lose the people around me.

Akari

Man
    Years
  • For a good while, it was a very fearful idea. However, I've grown to accept that death is inevitable and to fear it is a waste of good time. When my time comes, it will come. Whether there is an afterlife, heaven and hell, is something I would rather not know.

Ayselipera

I don't really fear it I just feel indifferent about it. I consider myself an atheist... who believes in ghosts. So I'm hopeful that I can be a ghost when I die. As dumb and silly and that sounds. :/

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Everything has an ending. However, to be honest, I am afraid of dying. It's one of those fears that I can never push away. Death is going to come, and I cannot avoid it. Yeah, I know that it is inevitable, but the thought would still send shivers down my spine. o3o

Eh, maybe in the future, I'll get over it. Hopefully.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Death used to freak me out until my death in 2008. It's a very painless proccess.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    A little bit of both. Yes, because I don't want to leave my family. No, because I know I am going to go to heaven.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    i'm not afraid of death, im afraid of the experiences that cause death. when you die, you die. but all the pain dealt to you must feel horrible :/. being crushed by something must hurt D;
    i want to die.... in a peaceful way.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Everyone, every living thing will die someday and I take comfort in knowing that. If the comfort from knowing death is inevitable regardless of anything is not enough, I am also relieved that everyone will have the same end (this is my opinion) because our limited judgment and biases are mortal and are usually wrong without scientific evidence

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Everyone, every living thing will die someday and I take comfort in knowing that. If the comfort from knowing death is inevitable regardless of anything is not enough, I am also relieved that everyone will have the same end (this is my opinion) because our limited judgment and biases are mortal and are usually wrong without scientific evidence

There are actually some species who are biologically immortal. A certain jellyfish is one of them.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    That's interesting, I wonder if all it's cells can't die? Or if it's something else? Cell transplant, anyone? :D

I'll have to look into this though.

Humans and the wide majority of life have an enzyme on their cells that shorten whenever they divide, which is the cause of aging and eventual natural death.

Most biological immortal organisms do not have this shortening enzyme.

There is another form of biological immortality. The jellyfish I described actually does die over and over again. After it's death it is reborn again. DNA tests have shown that each rebirth is the same organism.

Back