• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Death ever freak you out?

Chrisbob78

SoulSilver
Years
  • It dosent really scare me. What scares me is not living life,I mean we all die so why be scared of the future? "Everyone dies not everyone lives"

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years
  • Am I afraid of death? Well, not really. I only fear dying young before I can do what I want to accomplish in life. I also don't want people to suffer because of my death. But I am certain that God exists. That Jesus came and paid for my sins, and those who also believe will be saved. I've seen so much evidence of it in life. When my grandfather was passing away, my aunt saw angels outside the hospital room windows. Another lady I knew died on the operating table. She said that she saw a light and felt such love that she didn't want to leave. But then there was a voice and it said, "now is not your time." and the doctors revived her with the paddle thingies. Trust me I'm not lying. give the Bible a read. just open it up somewhere random and read a bit. It has answers!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Psuedo-hypothetical situation

A man corners you with a .45 and says you have 5 seconds to live before he ends you. I don't think there is ANYONE who wouldn't either resist, or sully their pants.

Death is scary.

No, normal human being wishes to die.

When our lives are on to line, that's when we revert to whatever the first thing that pops into our heads and makes us as vicious as animals.

It's called the Killer Instinct and like breathing or thinking, it cannot be fought.

Long story short, yes. You fear death, I fear death, everyone fears death. Subconsciously. As long as you are sane, you will whether you want to or not.

Years
  • it scares me because what happens? I'm an atheist, so I don't think that there is a God or anything, but what would happen. Because if your dead and everything turns black you wouldn't be able to see the black, but you couldn't see nothing because... well, I don't know. Its too confusing.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • it scares me because what happens? I'm an atheist, so I don't think that there is a God or anything, but what would happen. Because if your dead and everything turns black you wouldn't be able to see the black, but you couldn't see nothing because... well, I don't know. Its too confusing.

Just think of it like sleeping, but without any dreams....

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
  • All the time. Its something actually worth taking the time to think about and then I realise I need to stop worrying. Then others bring it up and I think bout it some more.

it scares me because what happens? I'm an atheist, so I don't think that there is a God or anything, but what would happen. Because if your dead and everything turns black you wouldn't be able to see the black, but you couldn't see nothing because... well, I don't know. Its too confusing.

Then believe in god because he is real and will show you the way <3

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • I am really, really scared of dying. I hate the thought that my family and friends will die out one by one for my whole life until it finally happens to me. I really don't want my family to go, because I love them so much. Even the thought of them growing old depresses me. But the thing that really scares me is what happens after. I would so love to believe that we get reborn as a person or an animal or whatever, or that we go to heaven and go all happy fun time forever. But the fact is that I can't. I just don't think it happens. And I am scared of the dark abyss where we spend forever, all alone in the pure darkness. It scares me. So yes, it does keep me up at night and it always will.

ReachForTheMoon

Immortal Smoke
    Years
  • I find this funny cause this is something I've been thinking about lately. Not me dying or something, per se... but I feel I used to be horribly scared of death. Though lately I've realized my severe... lack of... caring when it comes to it? It's definitely not that I WANT to die, that's dumb in my opinion (no offense, anyone)... it's just that I'm very willing to do a lot of stupid stuff. I don't really have fear anymore, is a good way to put it. It's sort of a recent thing, but I literally do not find myself afraid of anything anymore.

I'm very willing to just go out and do stuff and see what happens. It's a lifestyle I think I've needed for awhile... so we'll see how it goes for me. :3

So in short, I'm not afraid of death in the slightest. Maybe my religion helps somewhat, but it's not like my religion has recently been strengthened or anything. I just simply feel no fear any longer.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I'm Not Afraid. Anyway, There Are Pros And Cons in Everything. Plus They Say The Place Where You Go After You Die Is A Lot More Peaceful Than Earth. And Maybe There Is Another Life To Be Live. And A Much Better One.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    the concept is overwhelming but i've accepted it as an inevitability. the notion of an eternal afterlife, to me, is actually more frightening than the notion of death.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I'd like to also chime in, that the topic of "death" wouldn't be as scary if there wasn't so much allusion and controversy surrounding it.

I'm quite sure if I was raised with the simple premise of, "We live, we die, that's the way of life" then I would be less worried about dying.

The fact that we spend our whole lives trying to stay alive, and worry about the concepts of different religions and beliefs, really factors in to the reason why some of us worry about dying so much. The notions and possibilities that are given to us confuse us and make us speculate, and believe we can avoid death... in which, unless certain medical breakthroughs happen, we can not.

Wondering questions like, "Is there an afterlife," and "are there ghosts" and "is this religion true?" and "am I following the religion / belief correctly?" all factor in to it.

Exactly. Back when I was a kid and freaked out over everything, the thought of dying and never being able to return scared me. Now, I'm just scared that I won't be able to do everything I want to do before I die, not death itself.

Death used to freak me out until my death in 2008. It's a very painless proccess.

Say what now? Care to elaborate on that?

There are actually some species who are biologically immortal. A certain jellyfish is one of them.

I believe lobsters fall under that category as well. I read about it somewhere...

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Well...

YES. I am extremely afraid of dying. But, since I am still very young and I'm not involved in anything LETHAL, I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about death for a long time now.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I'm not afraid of death. Although, I wouldn't mind getting a bit more under my belt before I go :P

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Ha... I had a huge freak out about last year, I kept wondering what It would be like, and weither there is life after death... Now I try not to worry about it as it only gets me down as you can maybe tell from this post.

Back