• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Death ever freak you out?

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • He's totally talking about Death, the guy with the scythe who steals souls, and ends up cheating at board games with you in a contest to see if your soul can return to the living world or not, so you can save your girlfriends from your evil robotic twins from the future.

Haha, I guessed at much... well, the board games are a little much. Lay of my girl

Well, in this case, no, I'm still not scared. Death is a force, and I doubt it'll get a body sooner or later. That's like gravity growing a head. xD

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hmmm...kinda.

I hope there's some sort of brilliant afterlife.
    I wanna kinda be able to re-do my life.Get more friends, etc.

I'm christian, but I'm terrified in case there isn't a heaven, or it isn't actually that good

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I'd like to also chime in, that the topic of "death" wouldn't be as scary if there wasn't so much allusion and controversy surrounding it.

I'm quite sure if I was raised with the simple premise of, "We live, we die, that's the way of life" then I would be less worried about dying.

The fact that we spend our whole lives trying to stay alive, and worry about the concepts of different religions and beliefs, really factors in to the reason why some of us worry about dying so much. The notions and possibilities that are given to us confuse us and make us speculate, and believe we can avoid death... in which, unless certain medical breakthroughs happen, we can not.

Wondering questions like, "Is there an afterlife," and "are there ghosts" and "is this religion true?" and "am I following the religion / belief correctly?" all factor in to it.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
  • I'm obsessed with death, corpses, blood, morbid stuff...

So, no, not at all.

I believe in reincarnation and don't fear death; Karma isn't to be feared either, if you avoid making bad karma for yourself.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • The capitilisation in death wasn't intentional. I have a wierd thing of capatalising all the words in a title. But I got lazy half way through. XD Yano, just leave it :L I can see how you'd take it wrong :L

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • No, death is in love with me~
    [/Kerli]

But really. I'm not too scared of it.
    I'm more scared of not being able to be a human anymore.
    I like being a human >:
    I'm a Christian so I believe in all the heaven/hell stuff.
    I'm kind of fond of being a human ._.;

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • No, death is in love with me~
    [/Kerli]

But really. I'm not too scared of it.
    I'm more scared of not being able to be a human anymore.
    I like being a human >:
    I'm a Christian so I believe in all the heaven/hell stuff.
    I'm kind of fond of being a human ._.;

Hmm So you are more scared of not being here on earth but to be somewhere else?

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • Kind of.
    It's a fear of the unknown thing.
    Like, I really enjoy being here where I know what I can do.
    I kind of don't want to move onto heaven because it's fun here >:

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • I'm pretty calm about it, since I know it's going to happen sometime. As long as I die naturally and not some terrible death like a terrorist coming to my house then torturing me and my family for days before he kills me or dying in a plane crash, i'm fine with it. I still have plenty of years left unless something really bad happens. :>

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
  • I'm pretty calm about it, since I know it's going to happen sometime. As long as I die naturally and not some terrible death like a terrorist coming to my house then torturing me and my family for days before he kills me or dying in a plane crash, i'm fine with it. I still have plenty of years left unless something really bad happens. :>

XD this made me fall over laughing

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
    Oh do not worry Death doesn't care if your 1 day old or 13 yrs old :D you could die any second but i understand why you feel you still have awhile it is in your nature as a child "XD

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Death itself doesn't scare me, it's what comes after. Man is naturally afraid of the unknown and since no one knows what happens when you die, we'll always be afraid of it. I wouldn't want to spend eternity in Heaven. I'd want to die, and be reincarnated as a guy again (redhead or blonde, lol). I don't believe I'm going to Hell when I die, but no one can be certain.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • Well, I'm not afraid of death, If you are going to die, you'll die, that's for sure, but no one wishes to be dead, (just crazy peolpe, emos and Curtis talli)

Bulbasaur15

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Death is a curious thing. I'am not scared of death but if can live i will

reyzn

Years
  • Death is inevitable, so the idea of death doesn't scare me, but the thought of how I'm going to go does :S

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • Well, I'm not afraid of death, If you are going to die, you'll die, that's for sure, but no one wishes to be dead, (just crazy peolpe, emos and Curtis talli)
    That's usually Goths that are fascinated with the dead.
    Not emos. Emo is actually a style ._.;
    Like the clothing and such. Like Hot Topic.

By the way, that has nothing to do with my username.
    My username is from a friend's Myspace xD

Back