• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Death ever freak you out?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Being called ignorant by a religious man is like being called racist by a skin head.

And don't even get me started on judgmental.

I'm religious? You must have gotten your ESP out of a cereal packet. A non-religious person basing their arguments on assumptions? I have never seen that before!

Can you please generalise more with the ignorant and religious comment. Because it's not like you have already made a complete idiot out of yourself, or anything... "All generalisations are false, including this one."

I laugh hard at the comparison - any veneer will do for you to present your straw man.

Get your facts first, then distort them.

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
  • I'm religious? You must have gotten your ESP out of a cereal packet. A non-religious person basing their arguments on assumptions? I have never seen that before!

Can you please generalise more with the ignorant and religious comment. Because it's not like you have already made a complete idiot out of yourself, or anything... "All generalisations are false, including this one."

I laugh hard at the comparison - any veneer will do for you to present your straw man.

Get your facts first, then distort them.
    Damn it i'm not allowed to post links until i reach 15 post's.
    Well anyways! Your right, it was silly of me to assume you were religious when your bio says yor favorite pokemon is jesus christ. I mean that would be implying he is just a pocket monster anyways.

Explain how they are judgmental? Muslim conquest, The french wars of religion. Done.
    Explain how they are ignorant? Muslim conquest, The french wars of religion. Done.

Get your facts first, then distort them. < This did make me laugh though.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Sometimes I do. I think it's natural for most living things to have an inbuilt fear of death, it's what stops us from doing stupid things that could risk our lives. Best not to think about it though, because you'll get older and you'll regret sitting around worrying about it over just simply getting on with life. Life's short and I deal with things by keeping busy - admittedly I could be considered a little OCD here as I get very frustrated if I don't fill my day up.
    Anyway's, when people die, they're either gone and don't know any better so it's not as if you'd be aware of it to be upset, or they'd go to an afterlife, in which case you carry on and it's not so bad. Don't know what I believe, no way to know as theres no proof. Just don't think about it, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Years
  • When I think about death, it sometimes does scare me. It doesn't nearly as much as it used to now. I've realised now that once death happens, in my opinion, there will be nothing. No feeling, no sound, no sight, so smell etc. So, by the very nature of there being nothing there to feel, I will have no awareness of it. For the record, I am a firm believer in the statement ignorance is bliss. So long as death isn't a drawn out process, and I haven't got time to think "Oh, I'm dying", then I don't believe death will be as bad as people believe. That's just my opinion anyway.

bendrawslife

Drawing the day away.
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I'm holding out for the possibility of immortality. That would be splendid.

I guess I'm sort of afraid of death, just for the fear of not existing anymore. I don't believe in an afterlife because I don't believe in souls. They make no sense. We are matter and energy (which is pretty incredible as it is).

yahiko

god among mortals
    Years
  • death dosent scare mostly becaus i beleve in god and heaven only thing im scared of is dying before gw 2 comes out ><

Slyfy

PC's Suicune
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    No, it doesn't.

People need to die.

Every story has an ending.

If you lived forever, you'd watch the ones you love die... over and over, and you would end up alone.

I couldn't think of a worse fate.

Back