• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does random or the family come first when deciding/determining gender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ....What exactly is it that you're talking about?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • If you are talking about the gender of a baby, a lot of times families will prefer the couple have a certain gender because reasons and feelings. Technology is coming out that gives a couple a choice if they want a boy or girl, but I dont know how affordable or widespread it will be.

Personally, I would like to know the gender of my baby (I'm a guy, so wife's but you get the idea), but not choose the gender. Im a Christian, so to me it messes up God's plan, but if I were to take out the religious part, it just irks me to mess with nature in that way. I dont like it.

I guess we will see an increase in family drama over this kind of technology.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    ....What exactly is it that you're talking about?

Not the same topic as you.

If you are talking about the gender of a baby, a lot of times families will prefer the couple have a certain gender because reasons and feelings. Technology is coming out that gives a couple a choice if they want a boy or girl, but I dont know how affordable or widespread it will be.

Personally, I would like to know the gender of my baby (I'm a guy, so wife's but you get the idea), but not choose the gender. Im a Christian, so to me it messes up God's plan, but if I were to take out the religious part, it just irks me to mess with nature in that way. I dont like it.

I guess we will see an increase in family drama over this kind of technology.

This isn't the answer I was looking for, but thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    In terms of technology that lets you pick the baby's gender I agree with Badsheep, I'm not a particularly religious but i don't really like the idea of messing with nature.

Years
  • Not the same topic as you.

This isn't the answer I was looking for, but thanks!

I don't think you are gonna find a definitive answer to your question. As everyone's development can be and often is different with infinite inherited and obtained traits. I don't think there is a definitive answer on the psychological side. Biological however was until recently cut and dry as said above by Sheep.

Years
  • I'm going to close this because you haven't really explained your question at all nor do you seem to have any intention of doing so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back