• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Does Sword and Shield feel like SM 3.0 to you?

Sirfetch’d

All Pokémon games have similarities but I don't think swsh resemble sun and moon at all.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • No, and I'm glad it didn't. If it really was the same damn thing as gen6 but with a new coat of paint then I would not be pleased.

pkmin3033

More like Red/Blue/Green 8, honestly. If we're going to look at similarities, we need to go further than character archetypes - recycled assets in models and move animations, Gen 3's narrative, the battle system and gameplay mechanics...it really depends on how far you want to take it. But of course it's going to share similarities to previous games; it's part of a long-running series that has always been phenomenally conservative when it comes to making even the tiniest changes. It's not really a good thing, because in pretty much every other series you'd see more QoL improvements than Pokemon has had, but it's not a bad thing either, because it works well.

Back