• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Moddies Say Zero! [DLTMS0 v5.0] THE END IS NIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'll refrain from commenting if only because I haven't actually seen origins. not that anything i say would have mattered anyways aha.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • 3. Haven't seen a single episode... There's a whole lot of things that I still have to watch. Which I'll probably never get around to. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Not bothering with anime again when I have a book series on my mind.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

I started reading the Wheel of Time series the other day. Have been meaning to read those for years.

I'm also getting back into 3dpd tv though, will take a while to get through them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I've heard of that series. Never read it though. Dunno what that latter is.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

First episode. ♥ Someone linked me to a place that I could watch it so I did and it was amazing and I loved it and I am sooo excited for this season. The battle was so intense and so much better now that the Pokemon are actually using the attack instead of the repeated cgi stuff that they used in Unova and ughhh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

There actually wasn't a "reset" button in XY (as of the first episode). The anime ain't the games. There are no levels only skilled. And his first battle was with Clemont a gym leader. Which didn't even end because Team Rocket interrupted it.

Honestly I think if you don't even watch it anymore you can't really judge it but that's just me.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

*insert the inevitable argument about how Ash lost against a just-received Unova starter at the very beginning of BW*

Lots of the annoyance is just people not paying attention though. If translated, "pfff guys how doesn't Ash know what a Koffing is?" is doesn't-know-what-they're-talking-about for "He wanted to show the others, learn the context".

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

No skill reset, eh?

that means he utterly destroyed Clemont in the first actual match

right?

because if he didn't, there was a skill reset....again

Years

My point was, that at this point, after going through what, like 7+ arcs where a normal person would have become skilled enough to simply smash through most regional gym leaders at the flick of a wrist, everytime he goes to a different region, people act as if he's some unknown guy in the world.

While normally I do not like to criticize a series that I would not pick up, the Pokemon anime is simply a selling tool now sadly. I just wish the anime would change focus on a different character. :( I try to watch the movies since those are typically better made at times. But alas I've lost interest in it now.

Anyways we have differing opinions, and I don't want negative feelings over something like this so I'll just go in some corner and wallow in my imaginative musings.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Eh. I have things to say to that but I would feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. So I'll agree with the last thing you said about differing opinions and leave it at that.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • 17. +1 For some odd reason I thought you meant me when you mentioned brick wall... XD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back