• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee!" -_-

Years
  • Ah, yes. I usually wake up like an angry old man and stay that way for twenty minutes until I've fully waken up. I'll talk to anyone so long as I don't have to be peppy and energetic; I never feel like doing much when waking up, so yeah.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Okay here.

1. Nope not really

2. only if I have to

3. Because I am tried

4. happy to get up and eat.

Years
  • People can talk all they like. I'm usually a zombie when I first wake up, but I can hold a conversation pretty well. In fact, I like talking with my sister or her husband when they drive me to work. Gives me a chance to catch up with them. By the time they pick me up, it's only been between ten and fifteen minutes from me rolling out of bed, usually. And even in the mornings where I have to go straight form the car to work, I can talk with my co-workers, no problem. I'm a bit chatty, actually. ^^;;

Really, although I am dead tired when I get up from bed, I typically wake up in a good mood. I'm honestly not sure why, but I'm grateful for it. It makes everything easier.

Years
  • I was going to reply this morning, but, yeah.

There is nothing in the world that can make up for the soul-draining experience of having to leave the warm, comforting heaven that is bed. Nothing. 'Good morning's are like the laughter of hyenas and coffee is the bitter taste of a cold, uncaring reality.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • 1. Do you mind if people talk to you?
    If I'm at the table, yes. But when I'm still at bed, don't try to talk to me. I might hit you.
    2. Do you talk to other people willingly?

Depends on the person, my mood and the atmosphere.
    3. Why? Or why not?

Because it would be an insult if you talk to your parents in a nasty mood, better to talk that way to your younger siblings.
    4. What's your overall (and average) mood that you wake up to?
    Grouchy and groggy.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Once I'm woken up, I usually doze for another ten minutes or so, but after that, I'm pretty social.

1. Do you mind if people talk to you?
    Only my little brother. He just irks me most mornings. Other than that, nope!
    Unless, of course, I've realised I'm in a bad mood. Then I don't like people talking to me because I'm worried I'll snap at them.

I usually bound into the living room and brightly exclaim: 'Good morning!'.
    3. Why? Or why not?

If I do, it's because I want to start the day in a friendly way. I don't want to let being tired change my personality.
    If not, it's because I'm too tired to think. I usually have a tiredness headache, anyway.

Once I'm out of bed, my mood is generally good. =3

xX

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I'm the kind to just lounge around in bed for a while before I actually get up, so if it's after I've had a chance to stare at my ceiling for a while, I'm pretty much ready to get on with my day.

Although if somebody tries to start a conversation with me while waking me up or, like, a minute after I've woken up, I won't appreciate it. My little cousin especially loves doing this if she happens to come over when I've decided to sleep in.

I don't get particularly angry or anything, I just find it difficult to uphold a conversation that early in the process of waking up. So I usually just tell whoever it is that's trying to talk to me to just come back in a few minutes or something. =/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not really, as long as I'm already awake. I HATE people trying to wake me though.
    Usually it's just a hand-wave and a "Hey, good morning, what's up?"
    3. Why? Or why not?
    I can't talk much about my day because it's just started. Not much else to strike up conversation with that early.
    Groggy, confused, wondering what the heck I need to do before heading out.

Years
  • Frankly, for me, it depends on the setting.
    In general, I'm not a morning person until I have taken a shower and gotten ready. Otherwise, I'll likely be cross.
    I'm a little bitter when people try to talk to me right off hand, but, eh. A few minutes after I wake up, usually, I realize "Blah, I can't be mean, that's tacky", so if I have to talk to my parents, I'll talk to them then. Right now, morning is the only time I really see my mom because she has to work so much [income tax season ;;] so I do talk to other people willingly, I suppose.
    But, then again, I usually don't have time because immediately after I awaken I make a beeline for the bathroom. ):

However, if I'm a social setting where I may be sleeping with other people - not like that . . [or at least that's what I'm saying for this 8D] - I immediately awaken and am in a good mood, because I want to show people that I'm ready to take on the day immediately. D:

But, in general, I awaken in a somewhat alert state, because I tend not to sleep well. I awaken every few hours from absurd nightmares usually so, yeah XD; So, I'd say, overall, I'm moderately complacent when I wake up. ^^
    And, after I shower, at the very least, I become a morning person and feel energized to take the day on! :D

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    No, not really. I don't like it when people immediately try to tell me something insignificant as soon as I wake up, but it's no big inconvenience to me. I don't really mind it at all.
    There's never anyone around when I wake up. At the times when there are people around me, I will try to talk to them, asking them if they're awake, or when they woke up, or what the time is.
    I'm always neutral until something changes my mood, like if I realise there's an important assignment due that I haven't finished or if the day's a special day for me. But normally, I wake up neutral.

Back