• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Double standards

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    How do you feel about this? It's okay if I do it but it's not cool if you do it kind of mentality.

It always bothered me because I love to have equality.

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    In some situations it's justified, e.g. your boss is going to be able to do things that you can't do because of the relationship, like have more flexible hours or whatever. The double standards start to come in with that when something like your boss being able to bend rules corporate would frown upon and not letting you.. idk. It's really messy, isn't it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    In some situations it's justified, e.g. your boss is going to be able to do things that you can't do because of the relationship, like have more flexible hours or whatever. The double standards start to come in with that when something like your boss being able to bend rules corporate would frown upon and not letting you.. idk. It's really messy, isn't it?

With something like school and work, it's to be expected. I guess I mean it in more of a casual conversation with a friend type of way.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • It's the easiest way for me to walk out of a relationship.

I don't play that ****.

But in terms of work or school, it's understandable, to an extent. I don't think managers should dick around on their phones and then bark at their subordinates in the same breath. With that level of authority, they ought to be setting a better example. Same goes for not showing up or being late all the time. You can't expect much from your employees when you're a total ****head yourself.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Ugh... my half-sister reeks of double standards.

In the time that I was with her, she complained that I'm using up too much electricity whenever I'm not at work or doing something useful. What does she do at her home?? She sits on the living room couch & either watches prerecorded shows that are on her DVR, or plays games on her tablet, all while leaving her daughter mostly unattended.

If that's not bad enough, she goes into a fit whenever anyone besides her talks about buying something - it has to be for her intentions only, or else she's keeping the money for herself.

To sum it all up, my tolerance for these such people is zero. I try my best to set up a good example of what a person is going to be, & if someone is going to mooch off of me, they're going to fall way out of favor with me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The most confusing kind of double standards are the ones where one person in a relationship (not romantic necessarily, friends and family as well) is bothered by something but the other one isn't. So person A agrees not to do it because it bothers person B, but person B doesn't bother to stop doing it because it doesn't bother person A. I've had this happen before in multiple relationships and even though it makes logical sense it's still really annoying - if you hate it so much why are you so willing to do it???

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I judge people when I probably do much of the same crap. It's human nature to do it, I think.

I try to remind myself that nobody is perfect and I tend to give people slack when I feel they deserve it.

AxeBeard McBeardAxe

Jarl of the PokeCommunity
    Years
  • I think it's just a part of life and we have to accept it. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's as BS as the next guy does, but I know that I set double standards every day, and that you all probably do the same. Making an effort to try to correct it as much as possible is great and all, but no matter what you'll still end up doing it now and again.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Hypocrisy is everywhere and everyone is bound to fall into that trap once in a while - nobody is perfect. It is those who are unwilling to change despite being repeatedly called out on their hypocrisy which grates my inner nerves.

Back