• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doubts about gen 5?

Do you think Gen 5 games will come out?

• Definitely!

Votes: 81 73.0%
  • Absolutely not.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I'm skeptical...

Votes: 27 24.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Well, the original Yu-gi-oh! had 5 seasons and Sailor Moon had 5 seasons so (excluding the Orange Islands Arc since it had no official game) so Pokemon should have a #5 but not too sure about #6.

What have YGO and Sailor Moon got to do with Pokémon? They began as anime series rather than video game series, and the comparison is pointless; it's like saying that there should be seven Pokémon generations because there are seven books in the Harry Potter series. >>

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • well mario was last years top selling game in the world. and this game series started like 30 years ago? and yet it still is a very good game and is making money for nintendo world wide.
    living proof that:
    1.pokemon will last for a long time.
    2.money=pokemon games.
    3.when our children ask when this game came out we can say:oh when i was a teen.lol

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Skeptical. Why? Because it seems Nintendo is running out of ideas... Gen 4. was lucky if you ask me, but some were radical, take Arceus. Mew is supposed to be the Ancestor of all PKMN, now Arceus is the god of them? Plus, the name ideas are also running out. I hope that there is a 5 gen though. I have my fingers crossed...

Years
  • Skeptical. Why? Because it seems Nintendo is running out of ideas... Gen 4. was lucky if you ask me, but some were radical, take Arceus. Mew is supposed to be the Ancestor of all PKMN, now Arceus is the god of them? Plus, the name ideas are also running out. I hope that there is a 5 gen though. I have my fingers crossed...
    That's true as well.
    And taking that and all that's been said about money...people wont want to buy them if they can't come up with anything good. Honestly, I think we will see a gen 5, but I don't hold my hopes up for anything past 7, MAYBE 8.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    i dont hope theres 5th gen of new pokemon but i hope theres a new game

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im sure the franchise is not nearly done. SO many pokemon can be improved upon like Dunsparce and Qwilfish.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well seeing as they are introducing the johto starters in the 12th movie...it kinda makes me lean towards they idea that THEY ARE about 99.9% going to make a GSC remake and then as for a 5th gen...I have NO DOUBT that there won't be one...I think there will hands down!

FlameShocker

C++/ASM Programmer
    Years
  • Every generation of pokemon has sold at least 15 million copies each. (Ok yeah, you have to combine the sales of FR/LG and R/S/E together in order for this to be true for 3rd gen). They'd still be stupid not to make a fifth gen.
    Although most likely, it will be far enough from now that it will be exclusive to the new DS camera thingy. And then I'll cry.

A game these days is considered very successful if it breaks the million copy mark, and its pretty much a guarentee that the next pokemon will sell more than Halo 3 or Gears 2 ever will.

Also, a lack of creativity won't stop nintendo from trying to make more money (When has it ever). If they can't make good fifth generation pokemon, they'll just insert bad pokemon, and the game will still make more than pretty much any other console game can make.

Sorry for the half rant.
    You have got my hopes back up.

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    There will be future generations. Here are a few reasons why:

1. There hasn't been 16 Eeveelutions yet. We have yet to see a Poison, Bug, Flying, Dragon, Steel, Rock, and Fighting Eeveelution. THere will need to be future generations for that.

2. As for Arceus, I have two words: screw it. Wasn't Mew the original Pokemon god? Besides, there will always be different storylines and plots.

3. New styles of gameplay are being developed out the wazoo. If they introduce a party system where you can team up with other trainers, then the window for more games will open wider.

4. GSC did well. THey did a remake of RBY, so there's gonna be a remake of GSC, as will RSE.

5. There will be more RPG games for consoles, such as the Wii. With these in mind, they're gonna need a boost in revenue after the (in my opinion) epic failure of PBR. I like battling, but I also like adventure.

These are five good reasons why there will be future generations. Reason #1 is one that makes a lot of sense to me.

Also, a lot of Pokemon look like they can evolve again or have pre evos. For example: Absol, Tropius, Miltank/Tauros, Jynx, Delibird, Skarmory, Chimeco, Banette, Breloom, Manectric, Zangoose, Seviper, and many others.

Last edited:

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
  • There will be future generations. Here are a few reasons why:

1. There hasn't been 16 Eeveelutions yet. We have yet to see a Poison, Bug, Flying, Dragon, Steel, Rock, and Fighting Eeveelution. THere will need to be future generations for that.

2. As for Arceus, I have two words: screw it. Wasn't Mew the original Pokemon god? Besides, there will always be different storylines and plots.

3. New styles of gameplay are being developed out the wazoo. If they introduce a party system where you can team up with other trainers, then the window for more games will open wider.

4. GSC did well. THey did a remake of RBY, so there's gonna be a remake of GSC, as will RSE.

5. There will be more RPG games for consoles, such as the Wii. With these in mind, they're gonna need a boost in revenue after the (in my opinion) epic failure of PBR. I like battling, but I also like adventure.

These are five good reasons why there will be future generations. Reason #1 is one that makes a lot of sense to me.

Also, a lot of Pokemon look like they can evolve again or have pre evos. For example: Absol, Tropius, Miltank/Tauros, Jynx, Delibird, Skarmory, Chimeco, Banette, Breloom, Manectric, Zangoose, Seviper, and many others.

1. the eeveelutions are the 1/2/3 gen special types, the only special type left is dragon

2. mew was NEVER, i repeat: NEVER called a god. he was the original ancestor of pokemon, not their creator.
    he could just be some amazing pkmn the evolved so perfectly over 100bil years that he could learn every move.

3. probably

4. R/G were the remakes, japan had no blue

5. yep, stadium 2 ruled, stadium 3 pl0x

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • 1. the eeveelutions are the 1/2/3 gen special types, the only special type left is dragon
    Eh, the Eeveelutions ARE all special based - or at least they were with the fact that any move can be physical or special... =/ I wouldn't say that there would be any new eeveelutions - but there's always a chance. 'Course, new ones don't appear every gen either.
    I'd doubt that there would be a remake of RSE anytime soon, personally at best - it's possible, but certainly not in the near future.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • To quote movie 11
    There are 100s maybe 1000s different types of pokemon. So yeah i have very little doubts we wont see a future gen or 2.(or 5)

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • yeah i think the sure sighn of the end of pokemon(witch makes me shudder *shudders*)
    is if there are no pokemon the are always basic(seviper,dunsparce,keckleon,ect)
    except for legends.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • im sitting on the fence here. they might they might not.

now a good game would be a game where you could go to absolutely every sigle region! They have the technology... they can rebuild it

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Generation 5 is a definite. Nintendo is not stopping at DPPt, especially with an odd number like 493. Plus, some animals haven't even been done yet. Just as there are still new animals that scientists are discovering today, there will be still countless Pokemon that we have yet to encounter. Also, Deoxys implies otherworldly Pokemon, so there's even more ideas to come.

And GSDS is a remake just waiting to earn money for Nintendo. We're getting a Gen. 5. And many, many, many more Gens to come!! Pokemon 4ever! See, even the movie implies more Generations are on the way!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • im sitting on the fence here. they might they might not.

now a good game would be a game where you could go to absolutely every sigle region! They have the technology... they can rebuild it
    They can do such a thing, but they won't, IMHO. Making such a game would then negate the need to buy other games for us, really - why go for a new game with one region when you have a game with multiple and all? It'd hurt sales for a start for other games. Plus, the formula they use of having one new region per game works rather well for them, bring in millions of sales, so they would see no need to do that in a marketing point of view - if anything, it's be worse for them to do so long-term.

The main Pokemon games have gone by the saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', which is evident in the standard 'you choose from starter Pokemon in a new sole region X from Professor Tree, go and collect 8 badges, defeat Team Y in their evil plan *blahblahblah*, get a Legendary Pokemon along the way to becoming the Champion' formula they've used for each main handheld game. The execption was GSC, and Johto being next to Kanto was very convinent, especially with the Johto league also in Kanto by game canon. Plus Kanto got scaled down big time... basically, they have nothing to gain from making a game with all the regions in it. (And memory issues may come into play at that stage as well, perhaps...).

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
  • I am skeptical.
    The way the movies have been.. they are just extremely epic as if to give Pokemon a good ending.
    But with the way the money is raking in Gen 5 is likely to come still.
    For heaven sake they need to get better ideas for Pokemon design. I mean come on.. A lot of gen 4 Pokemon look half a**.
    It's also obvious they are running out of ideas.. almost every Pokemon has evolved forms now, AND they created God Pokemon.
    [Not just Arceus. The Dragon Trio and Lake Trio are responsible for certain things being created as well.. like matter and spirit]
    You have to be desperate to go that far.
    Not to mention most of those evolved forms are lame designs as well.. I mean look at Tangrowth.
    Could you get any lazier?
    Some did come out very good though, such as Roserade and Gliscor.
    Anyway, all I have to say is if Gen 5 is coming they need to get good Pokemon design ideas.

Last edited:

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • Generation 5 is a definite. Nintendo is not stopping at DPPt, especially with an odd number like 493. Plus, some animals haven't even been done yet. Just as there are still new animals that scientists are discovering today, there will be still countless Pokemon that we have yet to encounter. Also, Deoxys implies otherworldly Pokemon, so there's even more ideas to come.

And GSDS is a remake just waiting to earn money for Nintendo. We're getting a Gen. 5. And many, many, many more Gens to come!! Pokemon 4ever! See, even the movie implies more Generations are on the way!

wow you just got my hopes way up there lol. long live pokemon! : D

Back