• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Ball Evolution

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well, all the other characters seem to be somewhat asian but the main character. He is some lame white gut with ugly hair. They couldnt even give them that.

Years
    I've seen the original live action DB movie that was made way back in the late 80's or early 90's. And from what I've seen of DBE, the old one looks better- and it was cheesy, but hey, its an old movie. Kinda hard to make a Kamehamaha effect way back then.

What bugs me is, people have been waiting for this since 2002. They put it off and put it off, and we get this. And they even cut out half the characters- no Krillin, no Tien, no Puar, no Oolong, no Choutzu. And Kami, who had a major role in the Piccolo saga, didn't even create the Dragonballs according to this movie. And sure, the above characters are usless in DBZ, but I'm sure those who have seen/read DB know that they are all major in DB.

I'll give this movie a chance- you can't judge something until you know for sure what it'll be like. But honestly, the only way I think this movie will be likeable is if you seperate it from the entire DB franchise and consider it its own entity. However, from the screenshots I've seen, I can't help but laugh...so I'm gonna go see it. If for anything, for the lulz.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've seen the original live action DB movie that was made way back in the late 80's or early 90's. And from what I've seen of DBE, the old one looks better- and it was cheesy, but hey, its an old movie. Kinda hard to make a Kamehamaha effect way back then.

What bugs me is, people have been waiting for this since 2002. They put it off and put it off, and we get this. And they even cut out half the characters- no Krillin, no Tien, no Puar, no Oolong, no Choutzu. And Kami, who had a major role in the Piccolo saga, didn't even create the Dragonballs according to this movie. And sure, the above characters are usless in DBZ, but I'm sure those who have seen/read DB know that they are all major in DB.

I'll give this movie a chance- you can't judge something until you know for sure what it'll be like. But honestly, the only way I think this movie will be likeable is if you seperate it from the entire DB franchise and consider it its own entity. However, from the screenshots I've seen, I can't help but laugh...so I'm gonna go see it. If for anything, for the lulz.

Tien and Kirllin arent useless in DBZ per se. Tien was the only human strong enough to stand up to Cell, and the only human outside of hurcule to survive Buu's genocide. However Chatzou always was and still is useless ;]

I love the fact Roshi is an overweight teen in this [/sarcasm]

Haza, i can;t think of one cast member who strikes me as asian in DB, outside of tai pau pau, kurasaki, master Crane, roshi and at a push chichi.
    Near enough all of the DB cast are white, not asian.
    On top of that, it's a fictional version of earth, Asia isn't even in DB, neither is America.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Dragon Ball Evolution

I see asians.

Also you say that u dont see how the show meant for them to be asian? There is an excessive use of Japanese characters used on the show and it revolves around their culture with the cuisine and martial arts competitions.

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I still think that the producers and staffs didn't really check out the series properly.

Well, when is this comin' out. I know, somewhere in Easter, but when?

I wish that the character who plays Goku would have more.... hair than that. Also, even when Goku is serious, he still has that goof look.

The dude in that poster is just plain scary.

Gavin<3

Years
    I wont even buy the dvd. I might get somebody else to buy it so I can watch it just to criticize it though~
    If movies are to be made of something like Dragonball, it should be done in a very special way. Not this way.

Years
    I still think that the producers and staffs didn't really check out the series properly.

Well, when is this comin' out. I know, somewhere in Easter, but when?

I wish that the character who plays Goku would have more.... hair than that. Also, even when Goku is serious, he still has that goof look.

The dude in that poster is just plain scary.
    According to Shonen Jump, it comes out April 8th.

And as for Goku never looking scary....uh, let's recall the Freiza Saga, shall we? xD
    But, that's in DBZ....not to mention there he had a very good reason to be pissed.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    According to Shonen Jump, it comes out April 8th.

And as for Goku never looking scary....uh, let's recall the Freiza Saga, shall we? xD
    But, that's in DBZ....not to mention there he had a very good reason to be pissed.
    ... Duh! XD Well, if it was me, I would totally be pissed if I was about to implode a planet and kill myself with my arch-enemy at that time. XD

Alright, thanks. -plans to sneak in at April 8th-

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, I said that but then as I looked deeper into it I noticed that there were Asians but my argument shifted to the fact that the main character just had to be a lame white guy.

And about the martial arts, that is not the only part of Japanese culture that I mentioned.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I did not mean for it to come off as racist, I was just stating my opinion.

23Q

Years
    lol, well they could atleast get someone with better hair
    like seriously, i see Goku hair everyday
    and this? its a wig bro!

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its disgusting is what it is.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Even tho Goku isn't asian in the anime, in fact he;s closer to white.

Yeah right, he and the rest of the Seians come off as more asian than the rest of the characters.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Whats a westren facial feature?!

Anyway, no with their jet black hair and clothing. Names too.

Back