• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Ball Evolution

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I believe that is the title of the upcoming DB film. Are you all going to see it? It looks really lame. Its not even Asian people and the guy who plays Goku does not fit him at all and j=his hair is hardly spiked. Eew.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Hehe I saw this commercial and immediately thought "cute."
    Even though I hate Dragonball, I'd watch it for a good few laughs and giggles.

And that fire trick and the locker-opening thingy was pretty cool.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think Id be too embarrassed to actually go buy a ticket. It looks kinda cheesy like that Speed Racer movie last year.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I believe that is the title of the upcoming DB film. Are you all going to see it? It looks really lame. Its not even Asian people and the guy who plays Goku does not fit him at all and j=his hair is hardly spiked. Eew.

Why would they be asian? The film is made by westerners for westerners. And fyi, some of the cast are Asian.

However it does look shocknigly bad.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I hope the people made this a movie good, cuz the cartoon series was incredible and I hope they do the same with the live actioon movie and idk why they made an live action movie because there is stuff that I think is hard to put into but I guess I would have to see the movie in theatres! lol xD

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Why would they be asian? The film is made by westerners for westerners. And fyi, some of the cast are Asian.

However it does look shocknigly bad.

There are lots of Asians in the West hun.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Apparently, it's the DB universe but set in present time, which kind of distorts the already futuristic theme the series initially promotes. But I agree with the majority, the movie looks like another awful port of an old series being brought to the big screen. I also heard Piccolo won't be green, which is just wrong.

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Daizex.com reviewed it on there podcast. picollo will be green.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's not going to live up to the legend the anime was, but I'm going to watch it anyway. Mainly for the sake of nostalgia, but also for the lulz.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    There are lots of Asians in the West hun.

So even though it is a Western film, intended for a Western audience and Western culture, you're upset because it won't be "all that" to a minority?

jesus mate, theres westerners in Japan, do you think they have Americans playing lead roles in 'big' Japanese films? Even if the idea started in the west, they'd still have Japanese actors, just like an American Dragonball adaptation would logically have Americans taking the lead.

Saying that, there's nothing to say Goku isn't meant to represent a westerner in the first place, or that the main characters are 'asian'.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    So even though it is a Western film, intended for a Western audience and Western culture, you're upset because it won't be "all that" to a minority?

jesus mate, theres westerners in Japan, do you think they have Americans playing lead roles in 'big' Japanese films? Even if the idea started in the west, they'd still have Japanese actors, just like an American Dragonball adaptation would logically have Americans taking the lead.

Saying that, there's nothing to say Goku isn't meant to represent a westerner in the first place, or that the main characters are 'asian'.

Because the show was based in Japan, not only made there. It just irritates me when in America remakes are always that way. Besides, American and Dragon legends just doesn't match quite well. Have you seen Dragon Wars? Eew. Maybe its something that just annoys me.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    This movie will be the best worst movie every. It will be so bad that it is good. I will be the fist in line to see it at my theater! xD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It's not going to live up to the legend the anime was, but I'm going to watch it anyway. Mainly for the sake of nostalgia, but also for the lulz.
    I'm even willing to say that the movie won't bring anything nostalgic back into our minds.

I also heard Piccolo won't be green, which is just wrong.
    What?! That's messed up beyong freaky.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Because the show was based in Japan, not only made there. It just irritates me when in America remakes are always that way. Besides, American and Dragon legends just doesn't match quite well. Have you seen Dragon Wars? Eew. Maybe its something that just annoys me.

Dragonball/dbz didn't take place in Japan, it took place in a fictional version of Earth (and other planets)

I also don't see how a monkeyman from space can be classed as an Asian.

And Dragonball has next to nothing to do with dragons, they're only there when a wish is made. Considering Dragon Wars drew more on the idea(s) of popular British folklore of dragons (and dinosaurs) and not the less conventional chinese/japanese ideas of dragons I'm gonna have to avoid your point.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I've played the game on PSP and I have to say it's okay it's just like the shin budokai series but it doesn't have cartoon graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back