• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Ball Evolution

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
    Years
    This movie was absolute trash... i actually lost a little respect for the creators of Dragon Ball for letting them produce this monstrocity... Even worse, their making another one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    Look you clearly ain't that big a Dragon Ball fan if you don't find it a problem, 90% of Dragon Ball fans grew up knowing DB/DBZ was made in Asia and just naturally expected Goku to look Asian, there is nothing necessarily wrong with him not been but the fact it when you have grown up with something and you just naturally assume something it's hard, if not impossible, to except anything else, of course it wouldn't have mattered if Goku was Asia, White, Black or Purple it wouldn't have saved this movie, well maybe the Purple one...
    I call BS. Where did you get that statistic from?
    Hmmm? I always thought that Chi-Chi was Asian. She always looked and dressed like one.

Anyways, yes, Goku is not Japanese. He was a alien-being from the planet Namek. He is just transported to Earth when he was an infant.

To be honest, he's more like Superman. o_O
    Uhhh... did you ever even watch/read Dragonball? Goku came from the planet Vegeta, like all the other Saiyans.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well the movie dropped down from the Top 10. When it first opened it was #8. Which I don't know how? I heard it was pretty terrible. Maybe I will catch it on DVD to see the stuff that they did wrong. But also I heard there are going to be a sequel and another movie. But it only can happen if they made enough money from this movie...which they did unfortunately.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    yeah, piccolo didnt die in the end, which is stupid.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I've seen the movie and all the episodes of dragonball of 10 times and read the whole entire manga and I give the movie 2 Dragonballs out of 7

Considering they live in made up countries like Kanto and Johto I wouldn't give them a nationality.

I agree with all of your posts like how Goku is not Asian but this post just had to get me say that Kanto is a real region in Japan, it is heavily implied in the very first episode of DBZ that Goku is not the slightest bit Asian, infact it's even suprising that Goku resembles a human.

dylandutra

Cap'n Jazz
    Years
    The fact that the trailer seems to point towards Goku not even knowing he was a saiyan and that Master Roshi just came along one day and was all "I will teach you" just makes me cringe. There are so many things wrong with this movie that I just spotted from the trailer. Nobody should be complaining about Goku being white. There are a myriad of reasons that this movie is just complete fail.

I just can't watch it. I grew up loving the Dragonball and Dragonball Z series and I won't let this movie ruin it for me!

Years
    I can't ever imagine myself spending money on a movie like this, especially given the reviews, and just how lame it looks overall. Really, this is the kind of movie that will be in the DVD bargain bins in a year or so for $5, so I might as well wait until then, and save myself some money now.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I believe that is the title of the upcoming DB film. Are you all going to see it? It looks really lame. Its not even Asian people and the guy who plays Goku does not fit him at all and j=his hair is hardly spiked. Eew.

I mean, I don't think that most of the characters were intended to be "Asian". Goku was from the Planet Vegeta, not Earth.

But on topic; No I probably wont be seeing it. I've heard nothing but bad things about the movie and I'm still bitter that there's no Krillin! :(

+Roxas+

God Of Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    but still, like if we had like rambo or something and someone cast him asian in japan would you get mad? and still even besides the fact he is not asian, there is something wrong with movie it says ossaru is Piccolos disple or whatever, and GOKU IS OSSARU when he looks at the full moon.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    This movie was absolute trash... i actually lost a little respect for the creators of Dragon Ball for letting them produce this monstrocity... Even worse, their making another one.

Sure about that? Dragonball isn't going to get another film because films do not merely go by box office. Look at Emmerich's Godzilla, that film was a success, but so many hated it along with a major backlash of unsold toys and merchandise that a sequel or a reboot was never made to this point in time. No one anyways is going to remember this or that Speed Racer film crap. The Wolverine sequel might never make it into production also, even if they films like these are greenlit, film companies do go back on their word.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    but still, like if we had like rambo or something and someone cast him asian in japan would you get mad? and still even besides the fact he is not asian, there is something wrong with movie it says ossaru is Piccolos disple or whatever, and GOKU IS OSSARU when he looks at the full moon.

The fact Rambo is meant to be an American war veteran might have something to do with the fact that he's not played and can;t be played by a Japanese actor.

Back