• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dragon Ball Z: Team Training

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2019
Hey Z-Max! Thanks For Replying! I Don't Know What ASM Is So I Am Not Good At It (o_o'). Sorry Cant Help Ya T_T
So I Guess By Script You Mean ASM is a programming language? Sorry Not Familiar with it. I only know a bit of basic C#.
I Can Help With The Sprites Tho! I Think The Back Sprites Need A Little Touch Ups!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2021
Love the hack! Just started playing again after a while, started fresh. Just out of curiosity, will there be anymore characters added? Just a major fan of GT Goten (SSJ), Caulifla (SSJ & SSJ2), Cabba (SSJ). Other than that, well done mate.

LorisC

Nothing is real, everything is permitted!
Years
Nice work! I like both Dragon Ball and Pokemon too, so... well done!

Also, I'm working on a Dragon Ball Hack by myself, if things go well, maybe in the future we can try to do something together...

Years
OK so I have one question. I have played through this hack and have completed the national scouter from Goku to SSB Vegito. However, when I talk to professor Oak, he says that I have completed the Kanto scouter but that he's still looking forwards to seeing me complete the national scouter. I looked on the wiki and saw that there are no other fighters left for me to obtain so I was just wondering if this is an indication that you are going to add more fighters later or something. I saw that on page one on this thread you put in Frost and his forms as well as enraged trunks. So are you going to add more fighters in the future. Or is it just a bug that Oak doesn't recognize my completed scouter?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 10, 2020
I am running DB TT on gpsp Kai. What I would like to know if anyone has a Save State Editor so I can get the Shell Bell for using surf without the need of Aqua? gpsp kai doesnt seem to work with codebreaker codes and I have already obtain surf. Any save state editor or converted codes would be nice. I have already tried converted codes.

Please and thank you

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2023
This hack is great. I've recently gotten back into it but have to do some grinding to beat my rival's Majin Vegeta.

I'm having a bit of a technical issue though. I'm playing the game on a Supercard DSTWO's NDSGBA emulator and I can no longer save. Save states work fine but I'd like to make a save so that I can transfer the .sav file to my computer and play on a different emulator. When I try to save the game I get a message that says "Save error please exchange the backup memory". An hour of Googling has produced nothing. Does anyone know of a way to fix this error in NDSGBA?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
Ichigo storm, I do not use a datos ndsgba emulator, so I dont know what will help, but a little bit is better than none, right?
Spoiler:

SSJMicheal29, I believe there is not a save state editor. You could try...
Spoiler:

Magesticethan48, prof oak checks if you have got all 386 pokemon, and as there are less fighters than 386, you will never complete it until the special for checking is changed. Making front sprites and back sprites are hard, and changing specials are harder, so it will take a while before it gets to that point.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
SSJMicheal29, here is the IPS file to patch to the gba if you cannot use cheats.
Instructions
Spoiler:

Changes(for people who like a lot of details)
Spoiler:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yvdazcaf7fjcue0/Dragon_Ball_Z_V5_Shell_Bell_Patch.zip

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2023
Ichigo storm, I do not use a datos ndsgba emulator, so I dont know what will help, but a little bit is better than none, right?
Spoiler:

I appreciate the help but I still hit a dead end trying to save. I also tried converting the save states but that didn't work either. NDSGBA uses .rts files which apparently do not convert well to other save state files. I had planned on just playing the game with save states but then a friend reminded me that save states won't work after beating the E4. I had just gotten to them too. I guess this is where my journey ends. Thank you for trying though

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
You need to make a proper list for which fighter is which number for cheats. Ive played through the game before normally and would like to play a 2nd time with my time cheated in at the start. (Well their base stages anyway since i like to evolve things)

A proper list to which fighter is which number for the cheat list would be appreciated. Or if someone could help me out on which fighters are which number for the last 3 i want. Either of those would be appreciated greatly.

Goku black base, gogeta base, and zamasu base form.

And does anyone know which fighters need the national scouter to evolve.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
You need to make a proper list for which fighter is which number for cheats. Ive played through the game before normally and would like to play a 2nd time with my time cheated in at the start. (Well their base stages anyway since i like to evolve things)

A proper list to which fighter is which number for the cheat list would be appreciated. Or if someone could help me out on which fighters are which number for the last 3 i want. Either of those would be appreciated greatly.

Goku black base, gogeta base, and zamasu base form.

And does anyone know which fighters need the national scouter to evolve.

The full list is in the "Fighters" page of the Wiki; just look down the "ID #" column?but not the Scouter # column! The reason is because Scouter #s can change when new fighters are added, but character IDs in the game code never change.

As for which fighters need the National Scouter to evolve: since it seems you'll be using item cheats, I can't say for sure. Maybe it's just the Saiyan Gods and SSJ4s (because of the God Stones and Ape Tails). I don't think there are any fighters you get that are prevented from "naturally" evolving because you don't have a National Scouter.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
The full list is in the "Fighters" page of the Wiki; just look down the "ID #" column?but not the Scouter # column! The reason is because Scouter #s can change when new fighters are added, but character IDs in the game code never change.

As for which fighters need the National Scouter to evolve: since it seems you'll be using item cheats, I can't say for sure. Maybe it's just the Saiyan Gods and SSJ4s (because of the God Stones and Ape Tails). I don't think there are any fighters you get that are prevented from "naturally" evolving because you don't have a National Scouter.

Thank you :) now i wont have to get pissed off whenever i wanna hack a new team in lol.

All i do is cheat in my team (and their evo items if i dont get them until ubsurdly late game)

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
Couple ideas for z-max.

Like you did for surf add an item in to replace cut.

Add a new evolution for gogeta a ssb form.

Add some fighters from dragonball fusions. (example karoly)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
I need help on one last thing. Do the fighters that evolve by god stones learn moves after evolving?

Yep, they definitely should. It works like that for all fighters you evolve with items. They keep the moves they currently have, and then learn the moves from their new moveset if you allow it.
For example, say you have a Lvl 30 Super Cooler and you evolve it with a Metal Coat to Metal Cooler. It'll learn Metal Cooler's moves post-Lvl 30, which are Headbutt (33), Harden (40), and Kiai (46).
If you evolve it to Metal Cooler at Lvl 47, though, it won't learn any new moves.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
Yep, they definitely should. It works like that for all fighters you evolve with items. They keep the moves they currently have, and then learn the moves from their new moveset if you allow it.
For example, say you have a Lvl 30 Super Cooler and you evolve it with a Metal Coat to Metal Cooler. It'll learn Metal Cooler's moves post-Lvl 30, which are Headbutt (33), Harden (40), and Kiai (46).
If you evolve it to Metal Cooler at Lvl 47, though, it won't learn any new moves.

Cool cool thank you. I had to make sure before transforming. Since in pokemon a majority of the pokemon that evolve with stones wont learn anything after evolving.

The help is greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
Cool cool thank you. I had to make sure before transforming. Since in pokemon a majority of the pokemon that evolve with stones wont learn anything after evolving.

The help is greatly appreciated.

Really? Huh...I've never actually played a Pokemon game before, so I've never heard of that. Is that because stones in Pokemon are "shortcuts" to evolutions? Because in this version, the only time you can use items to evolve fighters is when they are unobtainable by any other means (with the SSJ Gods and Oozaru being the only exceptions). I don't think I'm mistaken, though.

P.S.: Also, my pleasure :).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
By the way, does anyone happen to know what move Gohan learns from the lady at Two Island? I know Goku learns Dragon Fist and Vegeta learns Final Impact, but I'm not sure what Gohan's move is.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 10, 2020
The 1m Sub-Circuit issue on gpsp kai and mod. Any help would be appreciated. Please and thank you.

Back