• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dragon Ball Z: Team Training

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2023
I'm trying to encounter Janemba (because he's awesome) but whenever I use your code, all I get is a ???????? Lv;. 0. Am I doing something wrong? I am using the following code: 17543C48 E65E0B97
8C050415 EB447C7A
AD86124F 2823D8DA
A0CCA92E 61571E3B
E2302908 64FD3288
25AF3162 06D16963
D83FACC2 7D31E557

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 20, 2020
@Guilhao: God's Tower is supposed to be mildly foggy, but clear enough that you can see the gravestone maze with your normal eye focus. From what I see, your maze is completely covered in fog and I don't know what would trigger an "extra fog" glitch. I'd say that if this is your only problem so far, make a couple of extra saves (just in case) and continue on with the game. There are about 4/5 levels of fog in God's Tower, so it's not too much hopefully. You'll be teleported out of it once you get to Kami, and there won't be any need to go back in (unless you want to catch a Piccolo Daimao). This is a day late, but I hope it helps!

Thanks. I used maps of Pokemon Fire Red to help me guide myself.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
@Darkre: The first post contains a spoiler list of all the fighters and evolutions.

On a side note, I'm wondering why my scouter shows only 90 or so fighter slots when the spoiler list has well over 100+? Are the rest secret fighters?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
A tip for when you fight Garlic at the second-last level of God's Tower (the one with Popo): I'm not sure if you ever encounter him later in the game, but you only fight Garlic once as a wild fighter until this point. Therefore, it's a good idea to catch him then.
Also, if you want to level up anyone of Frieza's race or Diamao and his offspring, you'll find the level of God's Tower with the healing pad to be a good level grinding spot (they're weak to fight attacks, making them extremely vulnerable at lower levels). Overall, God's Tower is a good grinding area with lvl. 13-23 Diamao's (levels increase as you ascend the Tower).
Also, be VERY careful when using two moves: Vegeta/Cell/Chaozu's Explosion, and Cell's Cell Shift.
i) If you use Explosion in a fight, it impacts every fighter (if you're in a 2v2, all four are hit). Another problem is that the game crashes when you need to call out another fighter (e.g. if you're against a trainer with 3 fighters and Vegeta explodes on the first, the game will likely crash as you call out another), so use Explosion sparingly (although I don't find it of use at all besides looking cool).
ii) Cell Shift is a ONE-USE move, despite having 20 PP or so. It copies the last move your current opponent used, and disappears FOREVER. So, if I fight a Saibaman and use Cell Shift after it uses Cut, my Perfect Cell now permanently has Cut as an ability (unless you replace it with another). So, keep this move if you're waiting for a great move to permanently copy later on, but be careful not to use it accidentally on a low-level-clown move.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 29, 2016
If you're using GBA4ios and the codes on the 1st page aren't working for you, try these
www dot wattpad dot com/61841678-pokemon-firered-leafgreen-emerald-cheat-codes

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2016
So you guys have made a great game here, and as soon as I saw the trailer on Facebook I freaked out and had to get it. Before DBZ Team Training, I never had an emulator, and never thought I would get one, but this was worth it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 21, 2016
Ok so first off I love this game, been playing the heck out of it however I'm quite upset over an issue I'm encountering. I created multiple files to obtain all of the starters and was able to trade them without issue. However after playing the ENTIRE game and catching SSG Gohan on my second file he is unable to be traded. What is going on there? I'm quite frustrated that I just spent two days for nothing.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2016
So I just beat the Kais, and after the credits it doesn't reload back at moms, did I do something wrong?

I'm on com.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 21, 2016
I summoned Shenron, but I couldn't capture him and I wound up losing without killing him. Is there any way to summon him again? The last time I saved before that was hours before, so I REALLY don't want to redo it. If there's no way to summon him again, is there a cheat code for it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2016
So I just beat the Kais, and after the credits it doesn't reload back at moms, did I do something wrong?

I'm on com.

I think I have a save issue, cause I get the save error message. HOWEVER, I set the save to Auto and Flash 128k. Any suggestions?

If necessary I can post a picture.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
This game is awesome but it has a HUGE FLAW... I completely agree with "Lord Beerus" in that it is EXTREMELY LAME that you can only play this game on pc since you can't save anything on the iphone unless you want to never beat the elite four...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
There is no vba for iPhone ..:(

Attention to all iPhone users!!!!! (This is the best way to save WITH GBA4ios).

I have devised a method on how to save this game DIRECTLY from your iPhone without having to worry about losing data.

Just follow these steps:

* Download VBA onto your computer (Only for beating the elite four and making sure your progress is still up to date ocassionally).

* Download GBA4ios onto your iPhone after setting the date back to any month in 2012 (Because it's revoked atm.)

* Set up Dropbox sync (YouTube it for tutorials on how to set it up). P. S. This can be tricky, so if you have questions let me know.

* Set date back a few weeks or more (only for now since GBA4ios is currently revoked thanks to Apple).

* Open game

* Set date back to present time (otherwise dropbox sync will not work and will say "sync failed")

* Play game

* In-game save

* Press Menu button - Press return to menu - Wait until it says "sync complete"

* Click on the game - Click Resume

* Press menu button - Save State (yes you heard me correctly).

* If you ever have to close the emulator for whatever reason, simply rinse and repeat the above process! :D

-----------------------------------

Now after this, if you want to do a test you can simply use your computer and go onto your dropbox account and download your synced save file and rename the file to "Dragon Ball Z-Team Training.sav" and then just open it with VBA and you will see that it will be exactly where you last saved your progress in your iPhone.

Keep in mind you have to load the STATE when you use your phone because the iPhone will always say "The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded."

------------------------------------

To pass the elite four simply do that part with VBA in order to save it correctly and then upload that save file from dropbox (after renaming it again) onto your iPhone using iTunes' File Sharing.

-------------------------------------

And that's it really. It works great for me.

I probably left a few things out.

If Anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

And a big thanks to Z - Max for creating the greatest mod of all time imo!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 29, 2016
Anyone have a good grind spot pre- victory road? I ended up with my fighters all lvl 45 and i can't touch my rival's majin vegeta. Prefer a good vs seeker location but i will take anything

Stigmon

Linkin Park/ MIW Fan
Years
Anyone have a good grind spot pre- victory road? I ended up with my fighters all lvl 45 and i can't touch my rival's majin vegeta. Prefer a good vs seeker location but i will take anything

I made use of the spot under the fence at the bottom of Mt Paozu (surf down and it's immediately on the right - level 25 was the highest I found). I also found the cave in the Seafoam Islands to be useful (level 30 fighters, if I remember correctly).

Theoretically, you could also train in the grass patches before the eighth gate, because the fighters there are from level 32 to level 42 (from what I remember).

Last edited:
Back