• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dragon Ball Z: Team Training

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2018
    What do people think the most ideal team would be?

I trained Vegeta (my starter) and switched my alternate fighter(s) as the game progressed from Piccolo to Android 13, to Frieza, to Hildegarn, to Kid Buu+Hildegarn+G-Frieza at the very end. You need 3 fighter slots by the end of the game for the weak fighters with HM abilities (Kid Gohan, Saibaman/Bioman, and Aqua), so you're limited with real fighters while advancing in the game.

I find that you need to be x2 the level of an opponent to one-shot them, except when they exceed level 40 (then you only need to be 10=15 lvls above). The power-scaling is balanced for all fighters (they're all in the same ballpark, and are distinguished by their character abilities), so I just go with the coolest characters (usually the ones who transform a lot).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2016
    For me i have a tablet with it and i cannot keep the story going after beating the elite 4 problem with save????

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    In order to save on MyBoy, go to the download menu and hold down on the rom. It should say delete current save data. Delete the save data, and open the rom. Go to settings and change the way you save to Flash 128. After doing this you should be able to save the game.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2016
    I am having trouble with this game. I am in the Tower of the Gods and I have the A Scouter. After I defeated my rival and go up the stairs I can't see anything but the other trainers and grey smoke. How do I make this place visible?

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Pretty nice hack ya have, that said you can post links to patches here just not rom links. Why not add in Mr. Popo as a joke fighter

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2021
    I was missing playing Pokèmon games, and some time ago I wanted to. I randomly found this ROM and damn man, it's amazing. I'm playing again and enjoying it! I love Dragonball!

P.S = You've done all this alone, it's just great. I wonder what this ROM could be if you work together with other modders.. :)

Years
  • what does the tanoby key cave do

The room with the boulders? It's a puzzle. Solve it and (to my knowledge) it spawns 'Fighters' in the Ruins south of the cave. I'm in the process of checking each ruin right now. But I'm pretty sure there's just Guldos and Chiaotzus.

P.S. | This is the best Pokemon Rom hack I've played. Awesome job Z-Max!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    MAC/OpenEmu users.

I've been able to hex edit the rom so that the in game save function now works with OpenEmu.

I haven't made 5 posts here yet so I can't post the link yet, but if you need it send me a message and I'll provide it for you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    @SinthetiK
    You have to use the UP+B+Select thing. It deletes backup data that you can't access, but also prevents you from saving. Deleting said backup data allows you to save without problems. Unfortunately, any save state via emulator will not work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the move False Swipe in this game?

Like for example if you used this move with a lvl 100 fighter on a lvl 5 fighter they would still be alive?

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Would you consider adding some Multiverse additions to the roster? Example would be Android Yamcha, beyond ascended form Cold, Bra, SSJ Kakkarot, Zen Buu. I think you will find a lot of fun characters to add to the game to get you up to 151.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    This is such a good game well done on making it,
    I play on GBA4IOS on my iphone, but am having a problem as to saving, so when I beat the elite 4 there is no save state.
    Please help to get it working! thanks

btw. it says Please exchange the backup memory when trying to save!

Years
  • Just caught all 137 Fighters! Went to Mount Paozu to talk to Dr. Brief and he didn't give me anything. Was slightly hoping for an easter egg or something for catching all the Fighters. Possibly add in a reward system for catching all Fighters? Also, characters from Dragon Ball Super would be awesome! Like adding new God Tier characters like "The Flawless Hit" or "Frost" from the Beerus/Champa tournament! Maybe even Champa? Loving this Rom regardless. Respect, my friend. Lots of respect.

Back