• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DRUGS

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
  • ITT: I don't know if this thread exists yet.

How do you feel about drugs? Are some drugs more "okay" than others?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Well, my belief is that all drugs are bad. Tobacco (obviously), alcohol, you name it.

But, I don't like contradictions in the law. That..is my number one problem with government, full of contradictions. Tobacco is horrible for your health, especially with all the added chemicals. Alcohol just makes you stupid, then it makes it so you can't really control what you're doing when you're drunk.

Then the government, in the U.S. that is, just goes on a massive trolling rampage and outlaws weed. Lolwut? Weed is far less lethal than both of those. Weed has virtually no health risks when you compare it to cigarettes (yes there are some, I'm not saying there are none.) While when you're high, at least you know what you're doing so you can know when not to do stuff. :/ All you do is laugh at stupid crap and eat a lot.

Hell, it's even used as medicine. So why is it illegal? Because of myths. All of them have been proven wrong - at least all the ones that caused it to be illegal. The only real reason why it is illegal is because it was found out that it out-produced lumber in the paper industry, and hemp has a variety of other uses. So, the lumber industry created a fear campaign that remains today.

Would I ever do it? No. But I think it should be legalized - and very heavily taxed.

To be completely honest, I don't see why the government gives one single crap about what we put in our body.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Yay, a topic I can relate to!

Anyways, the way I see it is not how I feel about drugs, but about certain ones. Personally, I love smoking that dank err'day, so my biased opinion is that the herb is okay. But then again, this is also the opinion of many other people in the United States, and even fact for those with medical cards in legal states. The reason why I think marijuana is okay is because it honestly presents no harm to anyone but the kitchen. No one has died from it, people can benefit form it, shoot, people like me have fun with it. So that's all I can say about weed, though I could honestly go on all day about it, haha.

As for harder drugs, this is where opinions begin to differ and beneficial facts are ruled out, as there are one with harder substances. It is my opinion that harder drugs are okay to use, but only in moderation, that's how I do em'. Like cocaine for instance, an upper that gives you that wonderful rush when it goes up your nose. I like doing it every now and then, but I would never think about doing as much of it as I do marijuana. While I would find that fun, it would be bad for health in the long run. The same goes for ecstasy and shrooms, drugs which I also have had fun experiences with, but only do once in a blue moon for the sake of my health.

However, the hardest substances are the ones I stay away from, like heroin, crack, and meth. I've only had an experience with the last one mentioned, and that was the only time I'll ever do it. These three drugs are ones I would never recommend doing and ones I'll sure as hell won't do. You see, with the substances less harder than these ones I previously mentioned (pot, cocaine, ecstasy, etc.), I've never seen anyone go overboard just to get them, and I've never seen them flat out screw up someones life like meth or heroin would. These hardest substances are the most self destructive ones, and they screw up someones life the most.

So, there's my opinions, that some drugs are more okay than others. Do please take note that I'm not denouncing anyone's opinions if they are against the use, so don't denounce mine, ya dig homie?

AZ boy out.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Er, drugs aren't inherently "bad" per se, it just makes the people who do them become dependent on them or make them do stupid things. I think most drugs have their place somewhere, like alcohol itself is not bad if used in a religious ceremony, or marijuana in cancer patients.

Drugs ARE dangerous to people though, especially considering said people tend to overdose on some drugs in order to get a more intense high or quicker effects. So I do think there should be some sort of regulation on them. But some drugs, like Marijuana, shouldn't be illegal in my opinion because it simply isn't self destructive enough to warrant that. Drugs like Heroin or LCD though should never be legalized because they're either so extremely addictive and dangerous that they shouldn't be used (Heroin) or they have absolutely no real positive effect and effects are random and have much variability (LCD).

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Whyufr i should have made this while I had the chance xD

I see drugs as bad since they can be harmful and the government says so. I haven't have close experience with people or things related to drugs so I don't have a strong conviction against it. I do think drug traffickers shouldn't be so harshly penalized.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'm against the use of most, if not all drugs, because not only they impair people who use it, short-term and long-term, but it can also harm others as well. (ex. Drunk driving, second-hand smoking)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I love it when people can reach their full potential in life, and any drug is really an inhibitor to that. They dull the mind, which is our greatest gift. I can't stand drugs, at all. Any type of recreational drug, legal or not.

But I also believe people should be allowed to do what they wish with their own bodies.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I think tobacco and alcohol need to be illegalised. Caffeine discouraged, but legal. Clinical drugs are fine as far as I'm concerned.

Well, my belief is that all drugs are bad. Tobacco (obviously), alcohol, you name it.

But, I don't like contradictions in the law. That..is my number one problem with government, full of contradictions. Tobacco is horrible for your health, especially with all the added chemicals. Alcohol just makes you stupid, then it makes it so you can't really control what you're doing when you're drunk.

Then the government, in the U.S. that is, just goes on a massive trolling rampage and outlaws weed. Lolwut? Weed is far less lethal than both of those. Weed has virtually no health risks when you compare it to cigarettes (yes there are some, I'm not saying there are none.) While when you're high, at least you know what you're doing so you can know when not to do stuff. :/ All you do is laugh at stupid crap and eat a lot.

Hell, it's even used as medicine. So why is it illegal? Because of myths. All of them have been proven wrong - at least all the ones that caused it to be illegal. The only real reason why it is illegal is because it was found out that it out-produced lumber in the paper industry, and hemp has a variety of other uses. So, the lumber industry created a fear campaign that remains today.

Would I ever do it? No. But I think it should be legalized - and very heavily taxed.

To be completely honest, I don't see why the government gives one single crap about what we put in our body.

Actually the marijuana conspiracy is made up. It is very bad for us and just because tobacco is worse doesn't mean marijuana should be legal, but that tobacco should be illegal. As someone once said: legallising concealed guns for 12 year olds would kill less people than tobacco. Even though hemp has a lot of uses, they're generally very bad for that and their alternatives are better. That's why even before it was illegalised, most people didn't use it for those purposes. And lots of countries have it legal right now and it's really not that good. Here is some more info: Link 1, Link 2

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Regarding the pro-weed propoganda... In the words of John Cheese:
    People want to get high, and I just wish they'd come out and say it. Of all the arguments I've ever heard, I've never had a solitary person step up and just say with unmasked honesty, "I want to get stoned without the fear of being arrested." Which is ironic to me because it's the only argument I've ever heard that makes sense. It's the only one that's even remotely logical.

I'd link to the rest of his article, but he holds far less punches than I find appropriate.

Anyway...

I've no interest in doing drugs or being around people on drugs. That includes people drinking alcohol. As long as they stay away from me and out of my way while they're on their substances I'm satisfied. Unfortunately they kind of don't as it stands currently. *Glances towards public smokers and drunks*

I honestly cannot see the appeal, which is odd because clearly there's appeal somewhere. Others on them tend to just annoy, scare, or disgust me.

Years
  • Drugs are bad...and i think alcohol and ciggaretes should be gotten rid of!!No body in my family smokes or drinks and whenever i smell the smoke(i.e standing near someone whos smoking)i get sick,seriosly the smell if awful!!!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • There's two things you hear the most growing up as a kid.

"Stay in school" and "Don't do drugs."

Lol, I remember I was in the second grade, we were getting involved in "Drug-free Week" and I thought it meant getting drugs for free. Gosh, I was so naive then. How embarrassing.

But honestly, one can waste their entire life away on drugs, alcohol, and yes, even cigarettes. It's a fatal addiction, and not everyone can find their way out of it. It takes a lot from someone to overcome their addiction to drugs and all within that time it can slowly shorten their lives and kill their insides. It's a drug in itself (if that makes any sense at all), and I am wholeheartedly against it. Unlike other things, taking drugs is a choice and you can say no. I strongly believe in fighting against peer pressure. Just because others are doing it, doesn't mean you have to do it to too. If you're stressed, don't jump to drugs or alcohol, talk it out with someone. No matter how embarrassed you are, talking with someone who you can reside in is much better than going for the liquor or popping any pills.

To put it simply, "Don't do drugs kids."

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    yes, they're okay if your talking medicine wise.
    but the demons that killed one of my favorite artist (amy winehouse), no!
    it doesn't matter how good of a person you are or how well you think you can handle the situation, because you know, amy was amazing, she was dopeee! -& once the demons got to her, she was done.

lmao. people who make drugs should be behind bars, they're technically killing people. -_____-

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own home. Don't do them in public, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Depends on what you're taking, how often you're taking it and how well you can handle it.

As always; as long as you're not having a negative impact on others, then it's your body, your choices.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • All natural drugs = OK (weed, tobacco)

Synthesized drugs = Bad (Meth, tobaco used in mass produced cigs)

I wrote a speech about making marijuana legal for speach class a few years back. If I can find it, i'll post it.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • That's a bit of a generalisation and it falls into the appeal to nature fallacy. Cocaine is commonly considered one of the worst drugs, comparable to meth, and it's natural.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Regarding the pro-weed propoganda... In the words of John Cheese:

I'd link to the rest of his article, but he holds far less punches than I find appropriate.

Link to the rest of the article. For all we know, you could have just picked the one part that speaks agenst medical use of cannibis.

As for medical marijuana in general, this is one of the most unbiased sources of information that I have found.

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/

Lastly, for every subject there are are pro's and con's, and even some pro's and con's that contridict each other.

As for cocaine, i've heard more people say that meth is worse then cocaine. Ultimently its up to each person, individually, to decide what they beleive to be better or worse.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • That link treats it like a debate of opinion instead of valuing scientific evidence. Rather then give evidence, it gives opinions and credentials, which is an appeal to authority. The fact that the pros and cons are complete contradictions shows this. Science doesn't have contradictions. Everything is either right, wrong, or misinterpreted.

I would caution against this assumption due to the lack of consistent, repeatable scientific data available to prove marijuana's medical benefits.
    vs
    The evidence is overwhelming that marijuana can relieve certain types of pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms caused by such illnesses as multiple sclerosis, cancer and AIDS

[T]here is very little evidence that smoking marijuana as a means of taking it represents a significant health risk.
    vs
    3-4 Cannabis cigarettes a day are associated with the same evidence of acute and chronic bronchitis and the same degree of damage to the bronchial mucosa as 20 or more tobacco cigarettes a day.

etc.

These things are clearly contradicting what evidence is available; someone is lying and 'quoting people that are lying' isn't balanced. It should provide the evidence; the peer-reviewed journals. The burden of proof lies with those that wish to prove it has a viable medical use.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • For all we know, you could have just picked the one part that speaks agenst medical use of cannibis.

That there be a straw man... The article is not "against medical use of cannibis". Neither am I. It just debunks popular bad arguments that undermine the speed of the legalize marijuana movement.

Also, in-case I was too subtle I did not find the rest of article appropriate for linking due to excessive coarse language and potential for starting flamewars. There's nothing more I can do.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • In that case, don't quote articles unless you are willing to link to them.

Anyway, Myles, as for science not having contradictions... Do you have any idea just how many scientific discoverys that were supposed to be good for you health were later found out to be bad for your health? It isn't the best comparison for what you said but it does show that science isn't always correct, and what is good/bad today can be bad/good tommarow.

Back