• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS vs. PSP

Well, which one?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I know. I don't know how much time Kairi's spent playing a DS. Do you have one? [either of you]

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I love my DS. FE is almost always the GBA game I play on it. SM64DS is awesome, I have 83 stars =3 But still can't beat Bowser. Shinin, why don't you come over to my house so we can play multi-player XD

Only one person I know has a DS ;_;

Funny story time:

I was walking to the Movie Theatre from the parking lot, carrying my DS. This group of adults [males] were walking by, and one of them whispers, "Hey! That kid's got a DS!"

I thought it was funny >>;

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    I'm not even going to bother refuting half of the stuff I ahve seen on the previous pages. I'm too busy looking at https://utsunomiya.cool.ne.jp/gamers159/image/dm_0502.jpg

That article discusses Square's look on 2004, and some of the plans for 2005.
    We already know that FFVII is having a spinoff for PSP(Crisis Core), but why is he drawing a picture of Cloud on the DS? Some kinda sign of what's to come? Or is he mocking it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    SE has already said they have big plans for the DS, I'd assume its a sign of what's to come. The DS looks like its gonna have RPG love, unlike the GCN =3

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Brittany said:
    I'm not even going to bother refuting half of the stuff I ahve seen on the previous pages. I'm too busy looking at https://utsunomiya.cool.ne.jp/gamers159/image/dm_0502.jpg

That article discusses Square's look on 2004, and some of the plans for 2005.
    We already know that FFVII is having a spinoff for PSP(Crisis Core), but why is he drawing a picture of Cloud on the DS? Some kinda sign of what's to come? Or is he mocking it?
    Perhaps he likes drawing/doodling characters he created and the DS let's him doodle/draw them? I think we know an artist/director for Square-Enix's pick of the two =p

O

Your Mom
    Years
    The PSP isn't a portable PS2... It's supposed to be a next generation walkman capable of Playing games... x.x
    I myself, would get the DS, It's a lot cheaper, and all the titles I want are on it [Pok?mon, MMBN, LoZ] Those Loyal Nintendo-ers. I can kill that guy in Toys R Us who nearly got my mum to buy an XBOX because of the graphics... It's because of the Games... stoo-pid

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I already have a DS, and even though it takes a while to get used to, it is still loads of fun. Besides, I can play my GBA games on it. and the complaint Nintendo isn't adult enough is about to shift. I saw several teen rated games for DS. mostly dealing with relationships.

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    Omega II said:
    The PSP isn't a portable PS2... It's supposed to be a next generation walkman capable of Playing games... x.x
    I myself, would get the DS, It's a lot cheaper, and all the titles I want are on it [Pok?mon, MMBN, LoZ] Those Loyal Nintendo-ers. I can kill that guy in Toys R Us who nearly got my mum to buy an XBOX because of the graphics... It's because of the Games... stoo-pid
    PSP has PS2 graphics, can play music and play movies.
    PS2 has PS2 graphics (obviously >_>), can play music (with CDs) and play movies (with DVDs).

Not much of a difference.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    the complaint Nintendo isn't adult enough is about to shift.

It's a stupid whinge anyway. No-one complained that Mario and Link were children's games back in the NES/SNES era. Games like GTA have corrupted peoples' minds. Now, including guns and prostitutes in games is key to getting ratings.

But that's a different thread entirely. :dead:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Looking back at the last two pages, I'd liek to refute a couple complaint regarding teh DS.

1. Teh DS was just made to compete with the PSP. My reasoning: usually when a system is made to compete with another, it is produced AFTER the other system. DS, however, was in progress before PSP was a twinkle in Sony's eye, so it seems to me that statement is more accurate on teh reverse.

2. The touch screen is unweildly. My reasoning: THe touch screen is not unweildly at all. I don't know what DS this person was using, by touch screen is incredibly sensitive and it doesn't take a lot of pressure to make it react. Playing Super Mario DS, a simple tap here and there causes it to react and doesn't require excessive pressure. And to make things all the easier, you can just wrap the temporary stylus around teh tip of your thumb, and then all you have to do is reach over and presto! easy play.

looking at the first comment I argued, it was said by a Sony fan, as it's antagonistic and holds no truth to it. The second comment seems to be by one with some minor bias, though not so much as the first.

Just my opinion. I said no names, so don't take offense to my reasonings. (call this a disclaimer, if you will.)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I don't know which was made to combat which. I just know they're both fighting a war now where no one wins.

That's your opinion about the touch screen. And the reason there are so many varying opinions is because the touch screen is a risky, untested venture. Which so far hasn't seen a lot of success or failure, just underwhelming quite a few people.

Back