• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS vs. PSP

Well, which one?

• Total voters

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    My gcn has yet to lock up, freeze, it did lag a little bit though with PSO, but thats it. My friend bought a PS2 when it came out and he already had to buy a new one cause his old one was breaking down.

My GCN, n64, NES, gameboy, gameboy color and GBA never had an problems, and still work as good as the day I got it. My PS2 however,having it less than a year, is already having problems reading the discs occasioanlly :(

Meh...one can only hope that the PSP breaks this hardware trend of sony's

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
    Dakota said:
    Watch your tone Sarah...you always feel the need to add a little insult in your posts...none of us have attacked you directly, so don't feel like you have to

But when you start off a post saying "At my store this. At my store that" people aren't going to think what you say applies to the rest of the world. Yes, we KNOW that your store sells GCN less than the other 3 systems. We've realized that already, you drill it into our heads in every post.

We KNOW that GCN sells less than PS2, we aren't denying the facts, at least I'm not. But that doesn't change the fact that I think GCN is far superior to the PS2 system wise and game wise.

Booo....ya...
    Im not gonna argue with a mod,but i agree with D.And I dont make stuff up.

D,your getting a DS.FF is coming to the DS with FF3 (the real version,the Japanese one) with extra features like the touch screen and a Map.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    PSP has way better graphics than DS. Also, PSP has way better games. Dude. it has Metal Gear Acid! Just that one game makes PSP hundreds of times better than DS. So with the insanely awesome graphics, PSP is thousands of times better than DS

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Kenishin, that's the kind of post we don't need. Just declaring one better than the other gets no where. Even if you had given facts, those kind of posts aren't well received. You can post about why you think you'll get one, or why you believe it'll do better, but don't flat out make a declaration. =\

Discussion guys, don't just bat around facts. Discuss the launch, the future, whatever.

billy (post before kenshin's), we have already resolved that issue. Please leave the modding to the mods.

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
    Years
    Kenshin11212 said:
    PSP has way better graphics than DS. Also, PSP has way better games. Dude. it has Metal Gear Acid! Just that one game makes PSP hundreds of times better than DS. So with the insanely awesome graphics, PSP is thousands of times better than DS

That may be your opinion. But we dont need to hear it!!! It doesnt matter how good the graphics are. As i've said befor ill buy anything as long as it has some decent gameplay.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    jetsam_745 said:
    That may be your opinion. But we dont need to hear it!!! It doesnt matter how good the graphics are. As i've said befor ill buy anything as long as it has some decent gameplay.
    Abby already told him off XD
    No need to continue arguing about a dead problem.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    If Nintendo was smart...they would have released Warioware with it...it opened in Japan with great applaud! But in the us? NOOOOOOOOO!

And they need to make an original game, instead of just a bunch of rerealeses of older games...they're good, but not great!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Dakota said:
    If Nintendo was smart...they would have released Warioware with it...it opened in Japan with great applaud! But in the us? NOOOOOOOOO!

And they need to make an original game, instead of just a bunch of rerealeses of older games...they're good, but not great!
    If Nintendo were smart then they would have let KH: CoM on the DS. But no, it had to come out on the GBA (I think that was a bad move on the part of Nintendo).

Spanky

DeGrassi IS My Life... o.O
    Years
    I pretty much hate nintendo, I don not support anything of thers, and I believe that the PSP far surpasses the NDS in Style, QUality, Games, and Satisfactorieness

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Spanky said:
    I pretty much hate nintendo, I don not support anything of thers, and I believe that the PSP far surpasses the NDS in Style, QUality, Games, and Satisfactorieness
    Read post 178 in this thread (the post was by Kairi) and you will see that your post is posts like she is talking about.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Tommy -_-

I ask that NO ONE respond to his rant...we just went 3 pages without any rants or flames we don't want to start it anew...

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    tmbjr said:
    interesting how someone that does not support Nintendo at all joins a pokemon-themed webforum...eh?

This is one of those times where I feel like banning Brit and Sarah, but since I have a better sense of respect than that, I'll just leave them this message: What you are saying may be borderline flaming. These members were having a blissful time ignorantly thinking the DS is better, but you guys have to come in and flame them and impress your opinion upon them. At least Kenny stated respectfully that his opinions was his and he didn't want to impress it on us. Just let these people be blissfully ignorant with their supprt for the DS. All you two ever had to do was post, "I support the PSP for the following reasons:..." and then leave.

/end rant
    *FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME*

/rant

Actually, I think I'll take Dakota's advice on this one XD

Last edited:

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    in my opinion
    both have potential,
    however the DS is certainly quite a shock
    2 screens and using a *pen* to control what you do, and you can chat with your friends.
    the competition's tough for PSP.

Back