• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

During what Generation did you start playing/liking Pokemon

During what Generation did you start playing/liking Pokemon

• Generation I (Red, Blue, and Yellow era)

Votes: 105 70.9%
  • Generation II (Gold, Silver, and Crystal era)

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Generation III (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald era)

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum era)

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Generation V (Black and White era)(I won't play/like Pokemon until B&W are out)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I don't like/watch Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    For me it was the First Generation. I'm one of the original Pokemon fans.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    For me....hmmm....

Well, I'm in Britain, and I first saw anime episodes from Master Quest, so......3rd Gen.
    I got my 1st game in '05. Pokemon Emerald ftw!

shot571

1st gen techncally cos I used to play/watch my cousin playing it and I cant remember if I used to watch it back then but I probably did. But my first game was Ruby.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • the first one i had was yellow. i played that and gold on my GBA. then i got sapphire. then fire red, emerald. then i got a DS lite and got pearl the same day. then i got platinum. followed by soul silver and soon to be white!
    original pokemon fan!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Gen. 3 for me. Ruby was my first pokemon game, and I got it about 2 weeks after it came out. Love gen 3 and I just bought Emerald this week and it's reminded me of why I love it so much.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • i was raised on Pokemon since 1998 i was 4 and i had all things pokemon bedsheets, wall paper,Stuiffies, movies you name it i had it my mom made it epic for me XD so yeah
    I've been an original fan for alsmot all my life

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Been catching pogeymanz since the beggining, Gen 1, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon x3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, my parents were very strict when I was little, and i got my GBA when I was 9-10 yrs (I forgot exact age) and Saphire was my first game, but I have seen all the original episodes before that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2013
    you can't beat the first gen. and that includes games, movies, shows. but orange islands really hooked me with the new style they brought to the gym leaders, a few new pokemon like marrill, plus you can't forget the crystal onix and dragonite =D

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • I got introduced to Pokemon through the anime and remember going to the first movie (ffff year, promotional trading cards!) , so maybe in between generation I and II. I can't remember if I got Pokemon Blue and Yellow or Crystal first...

Back