• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 '09 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2009

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    L4D2 and CoD:MW2 both look quite promising.. as does Microsoft's Project Natal.
    Seen in person, Microsoft's motion controller without a controller, is pretty amazing to behold.
    Other then these 'highlights' I'm not very impressed with M$'s offerings this year.

Years
    Oh heck yes! & it looks like we may be able to use melee weapons...? I hope so

I don't think they would put it in the trailer and not actually put it in the game. So I think it is a 100% chance of them being in the game :D

L4D2 and CoD:MW2 both look quite promising.. as does Microsoft's Project Natal.
    Seen in person, Microsoft's motion controller without a controller, is pretty amazing to behold.
    Other then these 'highlights' I'm not very impressed with M$'s offerings this year.

I agree. I think MW2 looks amazing.
    I can't wait for all of these to be released.

I am actually looking forward to the media side of it. TV shows and Movies, and Last.fm's music too.
    Be interesting to see how they all turn out in the end once they are released...

:::EDIT:::
    Just watched Ubisofts Conference.
    It was poor to say the least!

They only touched about No More Heros and didn't show anything except a title...
    AC2 looks good, but not enough was said =[

Last edited:
    Years
    It pretty much makes it seem like VALVe sold you an unfinished game only to give up on finishing it and then selling the full game to you (with a few different characters and some minor visual changes) a year later.

I get that some of the changes introduced might not have been possible to incorporate into the original, but releasing it as a new game so early strikes me as a bad decision. It also literally killed any potential modding scene for L4D as the SDK is still in beta.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Sony's e3 in just a few hours :D:D
    Betting anything that we're not getting MGS rising for PS3, but MGS5/MGS - Portable Ops 2.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    I can't wait to see what Nintendo has instore, is there anywhere to watch it live online?

Gamespot has a complete live coverage of E3, links in first post I think?

-----------------

FFXIII D; I don't want to wait till Spring 2010.

Assassins Creed 2 ;O

Modern Warfare 2, Any game that can improve on CoD4 has to be good XD;

Left 4 Dead 2 ;O

Disappointment from Ubisoft conference much?

----------------

That's basically what I said when I read the articles XD;

Years
    It will be interesting to see what Nintendo and Sony can do to beat Microsoft.

Well, the Wii's motion controllers will be killed by the X-box webcam of awesomeness... If it actually works like they said! XD

Years
    As expected to combat the Nintendo Wii. :O

Microsoft unveils new controller

Microsoft has unveiled its new control system for the Xbox 360 console, at E3 in Los Angeles.
    Project Natal is a fully hands-free control system that will use face recognition and motion sensors to allow users to play games.
    Film director Steven Spielberg, attending the launch, said it was "a window into what the future holds".
    Although still in the early stages, Microsoft has sent prototypes to all the main game developers.
    Speaking to the BBC, Mr Spielberg said he had always stated that "the main barrier stopping people getting into video games was the complexity of a games controller," and that Natal was "a whole new world".
    "There is technology now that recognises not just your thumb, it recognises your entire person. The technology knows who you are," he said.
    Mr Spielberg drew an analogy with the film industry, saying it was evolutionary step for games.
    "It's like the square screen we saw all of our movies on in the early 1950s. Then The Robe came out in Cinemascope. And then came CinRam and Imax followed. That's what [Natal] is.
    During the demonstration, British developer Peter Molyneux showed how Natal could not only recognise faces, it could recognise facial expressions to determine what mood a player was in and react accordingly.
    Mr Spielberg said this offered new opportunities for game development
    "The video games industry has not allowed us the opportunity to cry, because we were too busy putting our adrenalin rush into the controller, or wherever we swing our arm with a Wii controller to get a result," he said.
    "Because of that, there is no room for a video game to break your heart. We now have a little more room to be a little more emotional with Natal technology than we did before."
    Speaking to the BBC, Piers Harding-Rolls, senior analyst with Screen Digest, said the success of Natal depended on a number of different factors.
    "I think the technology looks very interesting but its success depends on the content and how easy it is to use," he said.
    "The other aspect is cost and how they will get it out to the user base," he said.
    "That said, I think Microsoft would like to get it out sooner, rather than later.
    "Sales of the Xbox 360 hit their peak in 2008 and are now expected to decline, in terms of console sales, so you would expect them to get it out as soon as possible to rekindle interest in the platform."

Anyways...It sucks that my school blocks off the GameSpot links. I wanna see teh E3! Sersiously it's only 15 Miles from here and I can't frekin' see it! D=<

And lulz...I saw the Giant FFXIII Poster in downtown LA on Saturday. J-town trip FTW? XD

Years
    @ Netto - Yah yah yah!
    I saw the working demos and it was amazing.
    When they were introducing it, I though:

"Here we go, a Nintendo rip off that will flop."

And it isn't a rip off per say, they have just took the idea and taken it to the next step!
    It is amazing. I honestly didn't think I would like it.

And Milo was just awe inspiring. I could not believe my eyes! XD

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII! =D THIS HOLIDAY!

I'm so excited, sweeties! X3

It's a 4 player sidescroller co-op game, freaking awesome.

Jeremy

Years
    Golden Sun DS?!

IT'S FINALLY HERE! ;-; I'm so happy! X3

Also, Alinthea, sweetie...how is New Super Mario Bros Wii lame?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Golden Sun DS?!

IT'S FINALLY HERE! ;-; I'm so happy! X3

Also, Alinthea, sweetie...how is New Super Mario Bros Wii lame?

I think it's because it's just the same as every other side scrolling Mario but with multi player. Normally I am really cynical of Mario but I must say, NSMBw does look entertaining with friends.

Jeremy

Years
    Super Mario Galaxy 2, yep that sealed it...I'm officially dead, and this heaven, sweeties.

Edit: NEW METROID GAME! I AM IN HEAVEN!

Last edited:

Finnel

Years
    So, Nintendo stream just ended. Golden Sun DS, Mario Galaxy 2, Metriod Other M, lots of casual ****.

It's certainly better than last year. No Zelda though, damn.

Back