• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 '09 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2009

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Coming up in less than twelve hours is the start of the Electronic Entertainment Expo. The biggest convention for video games and those that play them. Got tons of new announcements coming up for the year and beyond. Here's a discussion thread for everyone to chat about the going-ons of the conferences and all their favorite, new titles getting announced.

Microsoft Press Conference - Day 1

For a link to the action, tune into Gamespot's live coverage of the floor show, press conference and other inside details here.

First up tomorrow is the Microsoft press conference, starting at 10:25am Pacific time. Some announcements expected by Microsoft include Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Mass Effect 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Brutal Legends. The company will also be showcasing some of their possible new motion sensing camera controller and the speculation surrounding a possible Metal Gear Solid 4 port to the Xbox 360.

Nintendo Press Conference - Day 2

For a link to the action, tune into Gamespot's live coverage of the floor show, press conference and other inside details here.

Following Microsoft will be Nintendo on July 2nd at 9:00am. Nintendo's poor performance at last year's E3 is causing the confidence in the company to quiver, alongside declining game sales in the company's home country. Nintendo is expected to unveil a new Zelda or Mario game, a few other first-party games for the hardcore fans and plenty of party games, presumably. Along with that, the new Wii Fit Plus announcements and an ever-flowing slew of new DS titles.

Sony Press Conference - Day 2

Sony is expected to unleash a hailstorm of new game announcements, along with some new peripherals like the PSP Go and a new Metal Gear Solid title being announced for the handheld. Along with that Metal Gear Solid announcement comes another for the series, possibly set before or after Metal Gear Solid 4, the most recent addition in the franchise. Sony is also expected to announce a possible handheld version of the popular LittleBigPlanet. A new Final Fantasy is also in the works, alongside the recently confirmed Gran Turismo.

Other Conferences

Along with the "Big Three" conferences come two publisher conferences on the same day as Microsoft. Electronic Arts is getting their big shining moment with some more news and details on games like the Sims 3, Dead Space: Extraction, Brutal Legends, The Saboteur, Army of Two: The 40th Day, and Mass Effect 2. Tune in for the live show at 2:30pm, June 1st, here.

Right after EA gets their time in the spotlight, Ubisoft gets their chance to shine by showing off titles like Assassin's Creed 2, Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction, Red Steel 2, a new Ghost Recon title, and the sequel to Beyond Good and Evil. The live coverage starts at 5:00pm and your front row seat is right here.

--

So go ahead and start discussing what things you think the conference will be bringing us this year. :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    WHY AM I AT WORK TODAY. I WOULD RATHER BE HOME WATCHING THE MICROSOFT KEYNOTE BAAAAAAAAAAAAW. Oh well. I'll ignore the internet completely and just watch a recording later. I'll pretend I'm watching live. v_v

I'm really looking forward to new details, trailers, etc. from Assassin's Creed 2 and Bioshock 2. I almost expect at least one of them to be a timed exclusive for 360. (Or maybe Sony will surprise everyone and buy one of them out for exclusivity for a bit?) I'm fairly intrigued by the last minute time change for MS. 5 minutes isn't too much but it's enough for a surprise trailer, no? So curiousss.

I expect absolutely nothing from Nintendo. I think they're holding their own conference in a week's time which is when they'll announce something actually interesting. Maybe. My predictions: graphs 'n' charts and more anecdotes of Cammie's children.

Looking forward to Sony's conference. PSP Go doesn't interest me at all but I really haven't done anything but glance at pictures. Maybe they'll throw something out to pique my interest. I hope to see some more adorable LBP charts (yay!) and some footage of Assassin's Creed PSP and Little Big Planet PSP? :> Do want! I also half-expect them to make a big deal out of the inevitable arrival of FF7 on PSN. :[

I... think that's about it for pre-show opinions from me. :o

Cherrim

Years
    I just think it looks super tacky. :( I'm all for the sliding style of phone, etc. but somehow on a game console it's just... weird? I don't know. As I said I'm not really excited for it at all. Hopefully they'll give us a reason to want one but for now it just seems silly. Especially since I think I hear it's not supposed to replace the PSP? o_O

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Well, come to think of it, if one accepts it as a "portable media device" instead of a "portable gaming device", it does start to make sense.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Maybe since they've brought E3 back towards what it once was, somewhat, we'll have Miyamoto jumping out on stage in plumber's garb or with a sword and shield.

One can hope...

Cherrim

Years
    I can see it now. Miyamoto jumps on stage garbed in Link's traditional green tunic, Master Sword and Shield in hand, and begins relaying the text that goes alongside the demographics chart on the big screen behind him.

@kohei: Well, that's true, but still... so close to the release of the PSP-3000? Wasn't that just released last year? :|

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I can't wait to see what Nintendo has instore, is there anywhere to watch it live online?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    How is a Hunter supposed to go Monster Hunting with that stick/button layout?

That was the first thing I said to my friends when we saw the PSP Go. I think it looks awful. It was like oh we can do a flip PSP because Nintendo has done that. Then some one decides it would be a great idea to make it slide... Fail.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I already have MW2 on pre-order. Game looks amazing and can't wait to see what they show at E3.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The only gripe I had about FF13 demo, which would probably be in the final product as well:

Why do they still walk into walls.
    It would've been awesome if the characters stop walking after they collided into walls.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Metal Gear Solid Rising looks interesting... And that controller-less way of playing XBox 360 games just blew me away...

Though I think the date they chose for E3 was horrible...

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    It's looking pretty good so far,
    but the natall thing seems a bit unrealistic...

I'm VERY mad that we won't get another MGS AT LEAST on both consoles.
    I'm a poor college student and I can not afford both a PS3 and 360.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Well I'm just poor and can't afford either.

EDIT: The artificial intelligence thing is just freakin' amazing!

Last edited:
    Back