• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 Discussion - All Three Conferences

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Why the yay? Why the sudden burst of hapiness? If you could all folloqw the link at the time im posting this the live feed of nintendos press confrence is about to start in 1 minute! So who is with me to see if nintendo blows it or frikin makes us happy?
    Gamespot live feed!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Darn Kammy is there. I want reggie! She is talking to much bout family life. Get on with the new games not the fact that you cant snowboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    REGGIE! I eed you. Also u need real player for the official one so im sticking to the ign one. The snowboardings gttin me pissed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    IMO Nintendo was pretty disappointing this conference. I'm more of a hardcore gamer and all of these Wii Fit, Sports, Music, etc. doesn't really cater to my tastes.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    Im going to watch the sony one... i missed nintendo. What all was announced?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Um announced was wii music,wii sports resort,animal crossing city folk,call of duty world at war and star wars clone wars. For ds nothing xept pokemon ranger 2 english name(which kammy referred to as the big pokemon game of the year.Yeah ok fine kammy) and gta chinatown wars. Yes you read right a gta game on ds.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    Here: –Opening from director of marketing
    –Shaun White Snowboarding unveiled, due out this holiday
    –Iwata's report: amazing Wii sales, elaborated on how Wii and DS are breaking down barriers; 200,000 DS' in Europe alone weekly, 700,000 Wiis in US alone weekly
    –Animal Crossing: City Folk unveiled;
    –Reggie's report: more singing the Wii and DS' praises
    –Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party, Call of Duty: World At War unveiled
    –On the DS front: Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades, Spore, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    -Pokemon Ranger sequel is now called Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Amira in the USA
    –WiiMotion Plus discussed, unveiling of Wii Sports Resort
    –Miyamoto-sama unveils Wii Music, impromptu demo and performance of Mario theme

Years
    Grand Theft Auto DS was announced and could be good.

Kirby is back aswell, DS also.

The other mains are mentioned above.

Amazed that no Cpt.Rainbow has been announced yet.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    How is oh yeah kirby 2. Im waitin for the mario/link/samus revealment.

E3 Discussion - All Three Conferences

Sorry sweetie, it's not "Kirby 2" for it's a remake of Kirby Super Star which is the 4th game of the main series. Sorry sweetie, I'm a huge Kirby fan. XD

Anyway I'm pretty excited about Animal Crossing City Folk, Wario Land and the new Pokémon Ranger, and I'm uber excited about Kirby Super Star Ultra x3. I'm looking forward to Wii Music because it looks like a cute fun version of Rock Band without having to buy expensive large plastic instruments just for one game. XD
    Plus the Mario theme is a bonus. X3

I'm also waiting for a new Mario, Mertoid, and or Zelda announcement. XD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I have found the conference pretty disappointing, mainly because it was shamelessly targeted at casual gamers. In the other hand, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo hasn't left us old gamers alone, or so I hope.

About WiiSports2 and WiiMusic, I don't really care. Animal Crossing looks really decent, though. What I'm looking forward to, as Jeremy, are Wario Land 5 (looks better with each new trailer), Kirby Super Star (really caught my interest recently), the games Square was working on, and the Zelda game that has been dancing around Rumourland the previous days.

And remember than SSBB was announced two days after the conference, there is still hope!

Persona

Banned
    Years
    So we have yet another piece of plastic, bundled with minigames and dramatically scaled down versions of GTA and CoD. Surprisingly, the latest accessory will most likely sell millions. o:

As each year passes, Nintendo seems to grow increasingly irrelevant to the more serious gamers. At least the minigames will turn out enjoyable the handful of times we dust off the system for parties and the like.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    This was the most disappointing conference of them all. :/ My internet cut out near the end of it and I didn't care in the slightest because by then I wasn't even paying attention. Not only was the ENTIRE conference boring, filled with sales figures we (gamers) don't care about, but even the parts where they showed off games were mediocre.

Animal Crossing Wii
    I've never played an AC game so I wasn't too interested in this. The only thing that really caught my attention was the voice chat feature and as Illyria so aptly put it, that's more of a "welcome to 5 years ago wii" revelation than anything. <_<;

Snowboarding Game
    Nice to see the balance board get some attention but it honestly just reminds me of those made-for-tv games they used to advertise. :/ More gimmicky than anything, but hey, that's what this generation is all about for Nintendo. (Dear god I've become so jaded, ahaha.)

Spore
    Interesting to see it on the DS. I didn't see enough of it to make any judgment nor have I touched the PC version but hopefully more details will be available later.

GTA: Chintatown Wars
    Never played a GTA game yet (don't hurt me D8) but I was a litle surprised to see this one. o_O Not exactly the first kind of game I think of when I see Nintendo.

Wii Sports Resort
    The only thing that makes the new remote functionality even remotely worth it to me is that fencing minigame. I can see that being a useful application to future games--actually having to aim your slashes? Interesting. As for the minigames themselves... yeah, no interest from me, to be honest. :/ They all looked like tools up on stage like that.

Wii Music
    This looked almost interesting until it was revealed that you really need no musical talent and the game plays itself for you. What's the point?

All in all, I thought it was a terrible conference. The whole time I just said there bored out of my mind, or terribly unimpressed at everything they had to offer. Anything that was interesting was either skimmed over or else it was something announced ages ago. (I've known about Pokémon Ranger 2 for ages now. Why mention a side-game no one likes and not Platinum, a main entry in the series!?) I didn't go into this conference expecting much, but I was still disappointed. Go figure.

If I missed something, it's because it wasn't memorable enough for mention. :(

edit: Ack, thread was renamed. This is my opinion on Nintendo, back when it was a Nintendo-only thread. XD I'm writing up a huuuuuge LJ post with my final thoughts on all of them. Maybe I'll edit it down for PC later.

Back