• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] EA shuts down Dead Space studio Visceral Games

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • From Kotaku:

https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-visceral-games-1819623990

EA is shutting down Visceral Games, the studio behind games like Battlefield Hardline and Dead Space, the publisher said today. The Star Wars game in development at Visceral will be revamped and move to a different studio, EA says, although it will now be something completely different.

"Our Visceral studio has been developing an action-adventure title set in the Star Wars universe," EA's Patrick Söderlund said in a blog post. "In its current form, it was shaping up to be a story-based, linear adventure game. Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design."

Söderlund added that Visceral will be "ramping down and closing" and that "we're in the midst of shifting as many of the team as possible to other projects and teams at EA."

Thoughts? Reactions? Discuss y'all

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Never cool when devs get closed.

But how much you want to bet that "story-based, linear adventure game" get's turned into a MP heavy lifeless game stuffed to the brim with Microtransactions! Cause I'll bet my entire life savings on that!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Unsurprising given that this is EA we're talking about. They'll shut down every dev studio they own when things go south.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Unsurprising given that this is EA we're talking about. They'll shut down every dev studio they own when things go south.

They're no more evil than other publishers I suppose.

Publishers will be and are the death of the gaming industry.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well that's kinda random? I don't see why they would do that :/ Hopefully the people that worked there can be moved to other areas and don't all lose their jobs.

Shiny-Totodile

Totodile!
    Years
  • This made my very unhappy. The first Dead Space is one of my favorite games ever. I love the series and really wish it could have continued. There was so much they could have done with it.

Back