• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Easier to catch shiners in ORAS?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    What's going on people? Just recently caught a shiny wingull in my travels and I was shocked. I have played pokemon practically all of my 22 years of existence. And not once have I caught ANYTHING shiny. Other than the red gyrados on gold/silver. And this wingull just SHOWS UP? So what gives? Am I lucky or are shiny pokemon more commonplace now than they were in my days of diamond and pearl?

Edit: can't figure out how to change my typo in the header. Sorry :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • What's going on people? Just recently caught a shiny wingull in my travels and I was shocked. I have played pokemon practically all of my 22 years of existence. And not once have I caught ANYTHING shiny. Other than the red gyrados on gold/silver. And this wingull just SHOWS UP? So what gives? Am I lucky or are shiny pokemon more commonplace now than they were in my days of diamond and pearl?

Edit: can't figure out how to change my typo in the header. Sorry :(

Congrats on the Wingull!

Luck was on your side when you encountered that, but realize that even though shiny odds are better, finding a shiny is still a big accomplishment.

Years
  • Like Tsuchinoko said, shiny encounter rates were halved in 6th Gen so it's much easier to find a shiny compared to previous generations. Anyways, congrats on that Wingull!

Back