• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Effort Values

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    When you battle a wild pokemon,

do you pay attention and focus on defeating wild pokemon that have the EVs you want or just straight beating it for EXP and doesnt focus too much on EVs. I honestly forget about EVs so much that making my playthrough bit rough sometimes

Years
  • I don't pay attention to that at all until post game! After beating the story is when I start to breed and EV train my favorites, so I become muuuch more picky aha.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Don't pay it any mind until post game. I think the most important task beforehand is finishing the story.

Sakura625

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • I don't worry about them too much, but I feed my team the EV reducing berries for the EVs they don't need during the main story (if that makes sense, haha;; )

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I have tried that recently when playing through Soul Silver by rebattling the same trainer multiple times who had two Pokémon that gave out Attack and Speed EVs, although for the most part I only worry about EV training post-game. I also did something similar with wild Pokémon on Ultra Sun, trying to get Attack EVs.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I only focus on EV Training during the post-game. It's really not worth it during the main story due to having your Pokemon's EVs messed up by fighting (insert evil team here)'s grunts anyway and random trainers.

Back