• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread

Years
  • Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3)

Well, it has finally become that time of the year again where all the biggest announcements and games are brought under one roof. The show is taking place from the 4th June to the 7th June where all the big companies will show off their hardware and games.

Schedule

Microsoft
    June 4, 10AM Pacific
    (Watch on Xbox live \ Stream)

Nintendo
    June 5, 9AM Pacific
    (Watch here)

Sony
    June 4, 6PM Pacific
    (Watch here)

Other Press Conferences
    Konami – June 1, time TBA
    Electronic Arts – June 4, 1PM Pacific (Watch here)
    Ubisoft – June 4, 3PM Pacific (Watch here)

Watch here as well
    As well as the links in the schedule above, the following big gaming sites will also be live streaming all of the conferences so your bound to find one that's working!

IGN | Game Trailers | Gamespot

Videos
    Nintendo Wii U pre-show

For real time updates if you can't watch the videos, check out @FourPlayGames on Twitter!

I hope you enjoy all the events and you can now use this thread for all E3 discussion.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I love that the E3 presentations - like the Oscar nomination announcements - are always held in the morning in California: perfect time for me to watch them! (Well, at least in this case, the Nintendo one being the only one I actually care about.) I'll certainly be watching that one to hopefully hear details about the Wii U, which looks 'interesting', if nothing else, as well as hopefully hearing something about a release date for Paper Mario 3DS. I'm already psyching myself up for disappointment that it's going to be delayed, for whatever reason, but it'll be nice to finally know for sure.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I was waiting for this thread. :D

Anyways, the first thing I'm excited about is what new hardware is about to be released. I have a slight feeling that the next gen consoles may be announced, so I'm looking forward to all three conferences, and also see what Nintendo has prepared for Wii U.

And then, obviously, we have the games, xD. I'm looking forward to Nintendo's conference for all the version exclusives they have in mind for the Wii U, and some other third party games that will be including in the launch lineup.

Cid

Years
  • I was waiting for this thread. :D
    Me too. :DD

Nintendo seems to have a really cool lineup this year. Apart from Paper Mario 3DS which was already mentioned (hope it gets a more substantial reveal, maybe even a different title), there's Animal Crossing 3DS, more NSMB's, Pikmin 3 and Luigi's Mansion 2! I think Wii U should have more of a focus this time, further pointing out what sets it apart from its competition with maybe upcoming titles or just something as cool and surprising to make people want to buy it.

Hopefully we see something from the next Super Smash Bros. title. Not to mention more KH3D English footage.

I'll watch Nintendo's press conference if I get the chance.

Years
  • I am suprised no one beat me to making this thread; I have been busy this weekend so didn't manage to sit down and make a decent attempt!

Anyway, I am looking forward to all company conferences, because it is just always good to see what people have to say and what they have got lined up!​

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I do hope that this year's isn't as underwhelming as last years, and more like the one two years ago.

Speaking of underwhelming, I wonder whether there's a distinct pattern in which E3 is pathetic... and which is not.

Who's going to bet that we're going to have some megatons in this E3?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years

• Anyways, the first thing I'm excited about is what new hardware is about to be released. I have a slight feeling that the next gen consoles may be announced, so I'm looking forward to all three conferences, and also see what Nintendo has prepared for Wii U.

Not to be a killjoy, but you do know microsoft and Sony have already confirmed they have no new systems to announce, and it is a very slim chance that they are lying.

I want more ghost recon future soldier content, fallout 4, and 343i to announce that all the information they've announced about halo 4 so far was a joke...

oh, oh, oh! Also, Metro: Last Light

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Being a die-hard Castlevania fan, I'm pretty stoked to see what Konami has to reveal tomorrow.

EDIT: Oops, wrong date! I guess it's June 1.

Last edited:

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
  • I won't lie I'm going to watch just to see if MGS Rising is delayed another year. First it was supposed to be out late 2010 then 2011 now 2012..... besides that I'm pumped for the Wii U information. If Sega announces Virtua Quest 2 I'll go crazy. Loved the first game even though most hate it.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I think this may be the first E3 in a while that I've not been stoked about. Of course there's been lots of the pre-E3 rumors floating around and a few of them would be quite nice to see be true.

It'll also be cool to see more about the Wii U and what actual gameplay looks like on it.

Years
  • If I am honest, I don't know what they can do with the Wii U or announce that will make me like it. The design, in my eyes, is blooming horrible and a complete fail you can only use one of the 'tablet' controllers per console; rest have to be Wiimotes.​

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    If I am honest, I don't know what they can do with the Wii U or announce that will make me like it. The design, in my eyes, is blooming horrible and a complete fail you can only use one of the 'tablet' controllers per console; rest have to be Wiimotes.​

Haha! I think one of the rumours floating around is about exactly that - that there should be two-tablet gameplay ready by E3.

NatureKeeper

Gyakuten Kenji 2's possible localization. Only thing I am interested in this E3.

...Okay, and the Wii U. But that's pretty much all, really.

Years
  • Gyakuten Kenji 2's possible localization. Only thing I am interested in this E3.

...Okay, and the Wii U. But that's pretty much all, really.

If Capcom announces this and a new Megaman game they are getting me back. I loved Megaman as a kid in the 2000s but to see how badly they are treating the series since Inafune left is just wow...

Viewtiful Joe 3DS would be nice but yeahhhhh there is a better chance of Legends 3 coming back.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Was it confirmed there won't be any FF Versus XIII at E3? Cuz that's a bummer.

If I am honest, I don't know what they can do with the Wii U or announce that will make me like it. The design, in my eyes, is blooming horrible and a complete fail you can only use one of the 'tablet' controllers per console; rest have to be Wiimotes.​

Yeah, I don't see myself being a fan of the Wii U. The controller is my biggest issue. A Wiimote can be replaced for basically the same price as an xbox or playstation controller... but I fear the tablet or whatever would cost an arm and a leg.

Also it looks freaking uncomfortable and huge. Hey, let's buy screen protectors for our controllers now.

Years
  • Was it confirmed there won't be any FF Versus XIII at E3? Cuz that's a bummer.

Yeah, I don't see myself being a fan of the Wii U. The controller is my biggest issue. A Wiimote can be replaced for basically the same price as an xbox or playstation controller... but I fear the tablet or whatever would cost an arm and a leg.

Also it looks freaking uncomfortable and huge. Hey, let's buy screen protectors for our controllers now.

The funny thing is Sony and Microsoft are likely to copy the design too. so people who dislike it may be screwed later on. Not sure though.

Cid

Years
  • I really hope they don't copy the design.
    I'm still shaky on how this controller is going to revolutionize things, if anything.
    I do hope that this year's isn't as underwhelming as last years, and more like the one two years ago.

Speaking of underwhelming, I wonder whether there's a distinct pattern in which E3 is pathetic... and which is not.

Who's going to bet that we're going to have some megatons in this E3?
    I don't think last year's was particularly underwhelming. Although I was probably expecting different kinds of news from it so it's easy to say otherwise. I would be interested to see a pattern there, though. I think they've been fairly consistent with it for a few years then flop once in a while if you consider last year's to be one.

And I'm not expecting overwhelming news from this year just yet. Maybe I'll be wrong about that. I'm happy to receive whatever the different companies have up their sleeves every year, just for the record.

Being a die-hard Castlevania fan, I'm pretty stoked to see what Konami has to reveal tomorrow.

EDIT: Oops, wrong date! I guess it's June 1.
    I'm probably not much of a fan but I'm honestly rather interested to see what they have with the new title. From recent news the 3DS one is shaping up to be a great title for fans who liked some of the more classic characters. I don't know if more news will land in E3 itself but I'll be happy if it does! It's hard to refer to it by name since the title is currently slipping me. And I'm too lazy to check that gaming news site.

I didn't really like the Wii U controller either. I'm not expecting them to ante up with the console itself, but rather the games that will be available. It wouldn't hurt to have the other or both to happen though! I would love Nintendo to prove us wrong, that this idea was really as creative and innovative of Nintendo as they usually are in some perspectives. If the console's controller idea turns out to be a pleasant surprise then that would be great.

Haha! I think one of the rumours floating around is about exactly that - that there should be two-tablet gameplay ready by E3.
    That would be great! I really hope these rumors are true.

And speaking of rumours, I'm expecting a surprise announcement or two from Square-Enix even though they're practically refusing to add more titles into their own E3 line-up. Announcements regarding HD remakes for their flagship franchises, both new and old (KH and FF to be specific). But I can only dream.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    As long as they announce something amazing for the Wii U or they announce some form of Final Fantasy 1-7 remake, E3 will be good for me.

Edit: Obligatory E3 gif is obligatory. It's big though.
    Spoiler:

If that happens, well, it'd cause a worldwide Internet meltdown! xD

Back