• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
Years
  • For some reason, out of the blue, all my Pokemons' moves completely changed types. Now I can't really continue my game unless that problem is fixed. (DRAGONRAGE=Ice)

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • How would he go about that though? Since attacks are done via the attack editor, there's no way for the game to tell whether something like "physical" damage is occuring at any moment. The games can get away with it because each animation is individually coded(I kinda wish essentials handled them through code too tbh), so they can say "hey, at frame 50, the box should shake". Here, the most he could do is probably have it flash for the duration of that animation.

The battlebox animation (in B/W games at least) happens when the pokémon sprite blinks, not when the attack actually hit the pokémon sprite. So it should be doable, no?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Updated the Battle and Scene parts of the scripts, for the in-battle Trainer speech fix. Alongside that, I have updated the UI portion, for the selHand priority fix. In any case, you need to update all 3 sections not to run into any errors (some under the hood things have also been changed).

For some reason, out of the blue, all my Pokemons' moves completely changed types. Now I can't really continue my game unless that problem is fixed. (DRAGONRAGE=Ice)
    That's on your side buddy.
    782b30bee7e7b697ae4b3f6291cfd71b.png

Dylanrockin

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Is this supposed to happen, when I enter a battle? Because, the screen does not zoom out, upon using the new update.

Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Is this supposed to happen, when I enter a battle? Because, the screen does not zoom out, upon using the new update.
    Keeping up with the thread (especially when you want to apply update patches) helps. From the looks of things, you haven't applied the patches that came before this one.

Dylanrockin

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Keeping up with the thread (especially when you want to apply update patches) helps. From the looks of things, you haven't applied the patches that came before this one.

On the website it looks like the formatting is a tad off. That or my eyes are deceiving me. I have been keeping up fairly regularly.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • On the website it looks like the formatting is a tad off. That or my eyes are deceiving me. I have been keeping up fairly regularly.
    I have no idea what you're on about, the formatting of the scripts is the same as it was since the beginning. The changelog looks fine, and is up to date. And what you're missing is this post.
    I've done a whole slew of tweaks and bugfixes to Battle, Scene, Animations, UI and Math. One of these should hopefully be getting rid of that double sound playing bug. I may have figured out what was causing it. Most changes are under the hood things, and calc optimizations. But some things you will notice more clearly.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Sorry to pester you, but I've tried to figure this out myself and can't.

I've combined the Gen 6 Addon+EB and everything else works so far, aside from support for Fairy moves in the attack command menu. I found the new moveSelButtons and got that working, while Fairy is now on there it being Type 19 causes it to try and capture past the end of the file so I edited that into working , but text will not be displayed on Fairy type moves. Other Gen 6 moves added by the Gen 6 addon work. Data for Fairy type moves appears everywhere else.

I will note, before I did any modifications to EB, neither text nor the Fairy background would appear. The Fairy background didn't after after I added the new moveSelButtons.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I've combined the Gen 6 Addon+EB and everything else works so far, aside from support for Fairy moves in the attack command menu. I found the new moveSelButtons and got that working, while Fairy is now on there it being Type 19 causes it to try and capture past the end of the file so I edited that into working , but text will not be displayed on Fairy type moves. Other Gen 6 moves added by the Gen 6 addon work. Data for Fairy type moves appears everywhere else.

My bad, I didn't inform myself properly first. I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Shadow" type. I fixed up the buttons accordingly.

There is an error:

The error is in your head.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Type 19? Why is it type 19? Like you said, if the box image is not showing up, it is because the code is cutting past the actual bitmap. All you need to do is edit the moveSelButtons png accordingly. That's much easier than fiddling around with the scripts, since the text (base and shadow) colours depend on the cut part of that bitmap. So it's not really a bug with the way the scripts work, but rather the way the image is set up. And I have no idea what that "Shadow" type is supposed to be, and why Fairy did not come after dark, but whatever.

It was type 19 by default from the Gen 6 Addon, because that's the next number after Shadow([18]) I'd guess. I added the new moveSelButtons(the 1672 height version) from earlier in the thread, edited generateButtons() so it doesn't clip past the Fairy button(due to the 88x19=1,672, being the end of the file), and had the Fairy move background showing up. It's the text that wouldn't appear at all.

I only know enough about coding to do basic addon, editing, and knowing I need to know more. ;-;

But editing the image made it work perfectly. It coming after Dark would have been better yes. Thanks for your time.

Spoiler:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    I don't know if this has been fixed already, but the parts of the HUD, and the Pokedex screen after catching a Pokemon is "overlayed" by the sunlight weather animation.
    Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I don't know why this is in my thread, but whatever.
    I've manually gone through and fixed some of them as they appear, but I don't want to have to do it to all 720 of them...
    Not bothering to do the work is your problem, and not mine.
    If your freakishly large sprites go off the screen, I don't care, you can now manually position them how you like. If they are too large for your battle bases, I don't care, get larger battle bases. If you don't feel like doing any of the two above mentioned steps, I don't care, stop pestering me about it.
    I've gone through the hassle of repositioning all 1298 (that includes front and back) sprites, twice. If you don't want to use the sprites I provided you with, and the accompanying PBS data that goes with it, that is fine, but that is not a problem that has anything to do with my system. The functionality is there, the positioner is there, the resources are there. All you have to do is implement it properly. If that's too much for you, then stick with what I provided you with, otherwise I honestly don't care.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2018
    First off, I would like to apologize for the random post. I'm not sure why, but for some reason my new thread was moved into this one and counted as a post. I didn't mean to cause any frustration.

The good thing that came from that accidental post was discovering the Elite Battle System.

All I can say is that it is absolutely gorgeous! It was really easy to install as well, I'm surprised people have problems with this.

Just wanted to apologize and say thank you. If I find any bugs, I'll let you know!

Thanks again!

Back