• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
  • For me it's not working 100%. When I battle against a trainer and the trainer wants to send in the second Pokémon, I get this error.

Spoiler:

When I accept this error with OK the battle continues and I can do anything, but the trainer hasn't sent a Pokémon. He wants to send the Pokémon again and this is ending in a endless loop.

When I use the pokemon.txt from the EB Resources the Essentials Kit v16 doesn't start up and I get instantly this error.

Spoiler:

After this the window doesn't close itself, it just stays black.
    I'm using the stock Essentials v16 without anything else.

Years
  • When I use the pokemon.txt from the EB Resources the Essentials Kit v16 doesn't start up and I get instantly this error.

Spoiler:

After this the window doesn't close itself, it just stays black.
    I'm using the stock Essentials v16 without anything else.

Essentials v16 has new formats for some of the PBS files, so some of the old PBS files won't work. pokemon.txt has a new attribute Incense. items.text now has a spot directly after the name for how the name should be formatted as a plural.

Also, in terms of your actual error. For the longest time the attack now called Feint Attack was mistakenly called Faint Attack. Essentials reflected this. Gen VI fixed the name, and now that Essentials has caught up with Gen VI, Essentials fixed the name too. Not all of the internal names have been fixed, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    is Positioner not work well? i tried to change pokemon's position(PP) but a lot of PP were not changed after i had changed it in Positioner.
    anyone know how to fix it?

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Essentials v16 has new formats for some of the PBS files, so some of the old PBS files won't work. pokemon.txt has a new attribute Incense. items.text now has a spot directly after the name for how the name should be formatted as a plural.

Also, in terms of your actual error. For the longest time the attack now called Feint Attack was mistakenly called Faint Attack. Essentials reflected this. Gen VI fixed the name, and now that Essentials has caught up with Gen VI, Essentials fixed the name too. Not all of the internal names have been fixed, though.

Any way to fix the error? Should I just replace pokemon.txt with the one from Gen 6 Project?

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
    Years
  • Thanks for your reply Rot8er_ConeX. But I don't think the problem is fixed when I simply rename it, isn't it?

Years
  • Any way to fix the error? Should I just replace pokemon.txt with the one from Gen 6 Project?

There's people working on making PBS files for version 16 that have the Gen VI stuff. It's in the resources section.

Thanks for your reply Rot8er_ConeX. But I don't think the problem is fixed when I simply rename it, isn't it?

You should go through the pokemon.txt file for any instances of FAINTATTACK as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2017
    Crash opening the Pokédex using v16 and Elite Battle

Hello!

I'm getting this error when select the Pokédex in the menu:

Code:
    Script 'PScreen_Pokedex' line 302: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method`setSpeciesBitmap' for
    #<BitmapWrapperSprite:0x807eba0>

I am using v16 + eb. This is what I have in the line 302 of PSceen_Pokedex

Code:
    @sprites["icon"].setSpeciesBitmap(species,(gender==1),form)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I don't remember reading anywhere that EBS works completely with v16. Best to wait for an official update, in the official thread, from the official maker of the system. (posting EBS specific issues there is also a good idea)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2017
    I don't remember reading anywhere that EBS works completely with v16. Best to wait for an official update, in the official thread, from the official maker of the system. (posting EBS specific issues there is also a good idea)

Ok, thank you Luka. I honestly didn't think that it was related to EBS since everything seems to be working fine. I will figure out what I will do.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2017
    One of the things that I've found using EBS and v16 is that the sprites got bigger. Not too big, something like 10%~20% I think on the animated sprites. On previous version, the sprite seems to be more like the image file, without visible zoom.

I did see that on battle and summary. Images below, for reference:

The actual animated sprite on v16

The same animated sprite whitout the BitmapWrapper code

(just for size comparison, we know that it will not show animated)

A not animated sprite with the EBS codes active

(this is the one that we download with v16 kit)

The same image without the BitmapWrapper code

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • One of the things that I've found using EBS and v16 is that the sprites got bigger. Not too big, something like 10%~20% I think on the animated sprites. On previous version, the sprite seems to be more like the image file, without visible zoom.

Nothing has changed. This is intended behavior of the BitmapWrappers. You can read all about it in the opening post of the thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2017
    Nothing has changed. This is intended behavior of the BitmapWrappers. You can read all about it in the opening post of the thread.

Ok, thank you Luka! I forgot about it.

I dont know if you are already looking for v16 compatibility, but I am trying to use both together, even that I know that will have issues. I get this error when trying to use a Potion during battle:

Code:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `partyorder' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x8847658>
    #4 UI:1614:in `pbItemMenu'
    #4 UI:1613:in `each'
    #4 UI:1613:in `pbItemMenu'
    #4 UI:1604:in `loop'
    #4 UI:1641:in `pbItemMenu'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2672:in `pbItemMenu'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2754:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2711:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2801:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2700:in `each'
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `partyorder' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x75030f0>
    #4 UI:1614:in `pbItemMenu'
    #4 UI:1613:in `each'
    #4 UI:1613:in `pbItemMenu'
    #4 UI:1604:in `loop'
    #4 UI:1641:in `pbItemMenu'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2672:in `pbItemMenu'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2754:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2711:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2801:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2700:in `each'

Years
  • How do I change the animated Sprites to PNGs? Do I have to download all 649 Sprites by myself or is there an easier way?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • How do I change the animated Sprites to PNGs? Do I have to download all 649 Sprites by myself or is there an easier way?

Essentials comes with non-EBS formatted sprites by default (of course). You can use those. Or if you want to cut the sprites I've provided, into a single frame, run the pbCutSpriteReel function that comes with the script. This will create a new folder called "Cut" in your root directory, and will have all the battlers as single frames. Hope that answers your question.

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • I can't download Alternate Pok?mon Sprites ( the sprites that are animated ) pls give a new link cause the old one doesn't work!

Years
  • I can't download Alternate Pokémon Sprites ( the sprites that are animated ) pls give a new link cause the old one doesn't work!

Are you sure? It works fine for me. It says that the preview failed, but just ignore that and click the blue download button under the message.

Also, how do i make this compatible with essentials v16? I have tried, but it just turns into a buggy mess when i enter a battle.

Years
  • Are you sure? It works fine for me. It says that the preview failed, but just ignore that and click the blue download button under the message.

Also, how do i make this compatible with essentials v16? I have tried, but it just turns into a buggy mess when i enter a battle.

It's actually not that bad to fix, but if you have no scripting knowledge I'd wait for Luka to update it (give him a couple weeks, I believe he's computerless for the moment)

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Hi. im currently working on a game with your battle system. i have used it before but for some reason it isn't working I go to do a wild battle and it works perfectly. the second i go to do a trainer battle it just gives me an error message

Spoiler:

Plz halp

Back