• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
  • I might be blind, but I can't find the graphical download links? All I see is the credits...

EDIT: Okay, I tested it out, and I can't use this script without the graphics. AT ALL. Please, please can someone link me to them!? I scanned the main post 15 times now and NOTHING.

Are you using Internet Explorer? I would suggest using firefox or something else.
    The links for the graphics show up as four x's above the script links.
    Here they are:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Pi8i4pFhL-WXZHQkRpWXFIdE0/edit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Pi8i4pFhL-RmZ4eTloNmtpOEU/view
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Pi8i4pFhL-OE9IbGx6ai0yY00/edit
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Pi8i4pFhL-QnZWZGdvQUxncGs/edit

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    Hey um.

this error pops up:

Script '#6 BitmapWrapper' line 195: SystemStackError occurred.
    stack level too deep

All I did was battle a rival, and heal at a pokecentre, then I went to check the Pokedex.

What do I need to do?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Are you using Internet Explorer? I would suggest using firefox or something else.
    The links for the graphics show up as four x's above the script links.

Thank you so much! And no, I'm using Chrome. The images weren't loading at all, so maybe that was the problem...? I saw no such "x"s.

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
    Years
  • Can't do trainer battles?

I read somewhere that fixing this was extremely easy, but I simply can't solve the problem!
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2018
    How to make Zeta work with this animated sprite without .gif using only these .png files?

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
    Years
  • Can't do trainer battles?

Spoiler:

Every time I try and fix this problem, nothing works... I've read that it's really easy to fix this kind of error but I just can't seem to figure it out. Please, I need some help.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2019
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `setSpeed' for #<AnimatedBitmap:0xce7a028>
    Animations:62:in `animateBattleSprites'
    Animations:44:in `each'
    Animations:44:in `animateBattleSprites'
    Scene:341:in `pbStartBattle'
    Scene:309:in `each'
    Scene:309:in `pbStartBattle'
    Battle:105:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2460:in `pbStartBattle'
    PField_Field:902:in `pbWildBattle'
    PField_Field:901:in `pbSceneStandby'

I have no clue what I've done .-.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2016
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RGSSError
    #6 BitmapWrapper:55:in `initialize'
    #6 BitmapWrapper:55:in `new'
    #6 BitmapWrapper:55:in `initialize'
    #5 Sprites:239:in `new'
    #5 Sprites:239:in `setTrainerBitmap'
    #2 Scene:248:in `pbStartBattle'
    #1 Battle:105:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2460:in `pbStartBattle'
    PField_Field:902:in `pbWildBattle'
    PField_Field:901:in `pbSceneStandby'

This pops up everytime i enter a wild pokemon battle. Please help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    Hey

This error pops up every time I try catching a wild pokemon

Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError
    #2 Scene:831:in `pokeballThrow'
    PokeBattle_Scene:3061:in `pbThrow'
    PokeBattle_Battle:175:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
    PItem_ItemEffects:1650
    PItem_ItemEffects:1649:in `call'
    Event:150:in `trigger'
    PItem_Items:231:in `triggerUseInBattle'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1386:in `pbRegisterItem'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2431:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2388:in `loop'

This exception was logged in
    C:\Users\user\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Small Update!

Ok, to get the first thing out of the way. Those of you getting the following error:
    Code:
    #2 Scene:831:in `pokeballThrow'
    can only be getting this error if one of two things is happening. A) You're using v15 scripts in a v16 project B) You're soft-resetting your game. Now, you'll see a lot of people on social media or whatnot promote the idea of soft-resetting your game for shinies, or developers just soft-resetting when bugtesting games. I'd like to let you guys know that generally, soft-resetting in RMXP projects is a bad idea due to the way the RGSS interpreter works. Soft-resetting doesn't clear any cached code. Meaning that all existing global variables and aliased methods remain cached even after the game resets. This is bad! Especially in EBS.

TECHNICAL DETAILS: Since the complication of trying to keep the system compatible for both v15 and v16, certain workarounds had to be done. Some of the functions have a different amount of arguments/parameters they need to function. EBS aliases the old function, loads the new one with a variable number of arguments/parameters as its input, and then in a conditional statement checks the number of parameters for the aliased functions. Soft-resetting means that the new function (with variable parameters) is still cached, so when the game decides to alias the function again, the number of its input arguments/parameters will not be correct again, since the already aliased function will be aliased again.

Now that that is out of the way, the system now comes with a pre-activated soft resetting fix (you can find that among the script's config stuff). So there. If you don't have a fix for soft-resetting already in your game ... you have one now.

Another error that I've recently found out about (due to Rayquaza's release of Pkmn Chaos) is that checking for UI graphics gets messed up when compiling the game. Since the Graphics folder gets bundled with the .rgssad file, the actual folder paths do not exist anymore. This is a problem since with one of the more recent update, I moved the graphic files to be in their own folders, and to retain compatibility with people who had their graphical resources located in the previous location, the game was checking whether the directory existed or not, which turned out to be a big no-no for compressed games. This has been remedied.

The only other things I've changed in the scripts are the actual comments to the code. I've included more details in places that needed them, and that's pretty much it. The only noteworthy (functionality-wise) changes have been made to Battle and BitmapWrapper sections of the scripts. Get those when you feel like it. Or get the whole batch if you feel like having more comments in your scripts.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • So will the new Battle and BitmapWrapper scripts fix the problems my game has?

*side note: I'm not sure whether to feel proud or embarrassed that my demo was the reason this was found XD*

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2019
    One thing is for certain, you haven't followed the instructions. More specifically, you're missing script sections.

I put all scripts and script sections in ABOVE main as well. Do I have to use the exact images and files as well? And the instructions aren't as specific as they could be. I tend to screw this stuff every time I try to do it, so I know it's something on my part...

EDIT::: No need to reply, I was super extreme careful, I got it to work.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • So will the new Battle and BitmapWrapper scripts fix the problems my game has?

Sorry for the late reply (and while I see that you've released a fixed version), the answer is yes.

Another small update!

I know it's been long overdue, and I honestly completely forgot about it, but now I've gotten to it and have updated the Positioner to work with v16.x of Essentials. If you get a PB~~~blah error when launching the Positioner, all you have to do is compile the Data through Debug, and then launch the Positioner again.

I've also updated the Battle, Scene and UI scripts (and the Resource Pack) to add this thing:
    Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

It's off by default, you can turn it on with the SHOWPARTYARROWS constant.

Back