• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elite Four Discussion Thread

Favorite Elite Four Member(s)?

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Seen or know a bit about the Elite Four? Maybe you've experienced them for yourself by now. Discuss your thoughts and opinions about the Elite Four and your favorites, as well as their teams, levels, challenging point, and so on.

As for myself, I'd say they're all about the levels; you definitely have to be in those high levels to get through. I think it will be a different experience having to only battle four Pokémon each member until the rematches. I suppose this will have the challenges be a little bit more quicker the first time, and even more challenging all the other times. I have yet to experience what kind of challenge they put up for me, but I'm pretty eager about it too. :P

So, discuss away!
    ★★★

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    They are the best set of E4 ever IMO. I love how Caitlin is one of them, from HG. It may take me a while to find a fav :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Personally, considering that you have to battle N and geechisu afterwards, I think GameFreak only gave the elite four 4 pokémon each so that any young kids playing it wouldn't be overwhelmed.

Or somethin' like that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Caitlin simply because she made a comeback from Pt/HG/SS. Shikimi and Renbu come in close. I chose Adeku in the poll as well because his hair reminds me of Yugi Muto's.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    For me, they are definitely one of the best sets of Elite 4 so far, and I picked Giima, Caitlin and Renbu.

I wasn't too fond of Giima at first but his likes for gambling grow on me.
    I like Renbu's serious personality and obviously his eyebrows. XD
    And Caitlin looks even cuter in BW. :3

King Gumball

Years
    I voted Caitlin first. My least favourite being Renbu, because the three before him have dark, ghost, psychic pokemon and he ruins the shady pokemon type pattern XD

Caitlin just looks the best, outfit suits her specialty type the best, and she made a comeback from Platinum/HG/SS .

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
    I have to agree, it was good to see Caitlin back from HGSS. It's nice to have inter-series plot lines. I'm not a fan of Adeku, he seems a little out of character for pokemon imo.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    The Elite Four is cool, although I haven't bothered to actually fight them with the Champion. I'm planning on saving some stuff for my English version game.

But I pretty much owned them all with my Zuruzukin. That thing is a beast, I tell ya.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I like how they brought back another important battler from 4th Generation. Although my favorite member has to be Giima (?) He looks so awesome! :3 and hot!

I also enjoyed how they made it so you can challenge the E4 in any order. But I think they should of had 5 Pokemon each. Also how the level's were the same The first 3 were all Lv49 and the Main Pokemon that they use was Lv51. The hardest was Renbu (?) IMO.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Shikimi was the hardest in my opinion.That Burungeru (THe Jellyfish Ghost) wall me to infinity.My Erufuun was almost dead and I refused to use a Potion to make it a dramatic battle,luckly Enbuoo saved me with Wild Bolt.

Caitlin was meh,I mean Gochimiru(?) was pathetic,I honestly though Shinbora was her best.

Renbu was so-so,not bad but not good.THe Ruhpushin in Victory Road gave more trouble then him.

Giima with his easy aswell,I mean an Elite Four member with a Repardasu? Thats just lame.He should've got the Black Exclusive bird instead.

I loved the E4 Music :D Champion Adeku was just a joke,Urugumoth was the only threat and his theme was not as Epic as the E4 theme.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Well of course I'm going to like the first Elite Four member because shes a ghost type trainer and she happens to have Desukan (my favorite Pokemon from the 5th generation) and Shandera (my 2nd favorite from the 5th generation, which I love to draw). I'm also kind of like Giima just because he has one Pokemon that I actually want on my team and that is Waruvial

:t354:TG

King Gumball

Years
    I dont like Adeku because he is a try hard Cynthia. I wish he had a set type, I mean one multi-type champion was an excellent twist, but doing it again is just..... eh. He takes some of the glory off Cynthia.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I was very suprised to see Caitlin in the elite four, at first I thought - she looks like that girl with the butler in the battle frontier. xD
    I dont like Adeku because he is a try hard Cynthia. I wish he had a set type, I mean one multi-type champion was an excellent twist, but doing it again is just..... eh. He takes some of the glory off Cynthia.
    Isn't he a bug trainer(?) I know not all of his pokemon are bugs (Majority are) not all of lances were dragons (Charizard) but I do understand your point. Although I don't see how anyone can become a true pokémon champion without mastering all kinds of types.

King Gumball

Years

Isn't he a bug trainer(?) I know not all of his pokemon are bugs (Majority are) not all of lances were dragons (Charizard) but I do understand your point. Although I don't see how anyone can become a true pokémon champion without mastering all kinds of types.

Yeah it is because only half his team has a bug type that he isn't a bug trainer, as well as the fact that there is already a bug type Gym leader.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    So what,Lance was the Dragon champion in G/S/C/HG/SS while Clair was the Gym leader. It doesnt matter if there is a Bug leader or not,he could still be the bug champion.

But he isnt,since he has a Lego Dragon,Afro-bull and Ice Cream

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Caitlin, being a Frontier Brain and Elite Four member is my favorite.

My second favorite is Giima, since he looks cool. xDD

Back