• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Embaressing mistakes/places to get stuck

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
Years
  • Yeah... We all have been young... We all have been ignorant... And some of us just didnt understand English xD.

So, have you ever gotten embaressely stuck on a Pokémon game before? Like some people who have never found their way out of Mt. Moon when they were little...

Well, my story is such: Once, when I was like 6 years old, my best friend loaned me his GBA SP and his precious Ruby game... Well, I started over, got to Dewford city and got stuck when I had to deliver the letter... Ofcourse I didnt know any English back then, and when it was finally time to give the game back to my friend, I had like lvl 46 Blaziken and lvl 16 Makuhita in my party... All by grinding in the cave ^_^. Oh, and I didnt even know about type effectiveness back then xD

What are your embaressing stories on getting stuck?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • On Red/Blue, it took me a week to figure out how to get past Viridian City. The angry man sitting in the road (who looked like a fish to me 0_o) wouldn't let me through. D:

It also took me awhile to learn how to get into Saffron City. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ Same about Saffron. My cousin had to help me. I also couldn't figure out the Fortree, Mossdeep, and Sootopolis puzzles in Sapphire.

tbh, I can't really think of a lot of places that are ~embarrassing~ that I got stuck in. I mean, I never got stuck in my house or on the moving truck, so...

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
    Years
  • I once got trapped in Dark Cave,and i forgot to use Flash....Mainly because i left my Hoothoot back in my PC...until i finally Bumped my way out....and when i exited....i was near Blackthorn city. X.X

Years
  • I got stuck in Lavender Town once, and didn't know where to go through. That was the first time I've played Fire Red :P

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • My little brother was playing Platinum, had just caught Giratina, and skipped through most of the text, so he didn't know much about where to go after it. So for about 3-4 days, he constantly bugged me about how to get to Sunyshore city because I had played through Platinum before. I hadn't done so for about 2 months, however, so we had to look it up on Google. Oh, and did I mention that we had no Internet the first few days?

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • xD @ Timbjerr. I remember having trouble with that too! I had visited like every possible place, except for the Pokémart, because I was positive that there would be nothing useful xD

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • When I was first starting out on Red about 10 years back, I got stuck in Mt.Moon for a couple of days. This explains my hatred of Zubats because the swarms made it that much more difficult.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ice Cave (if that IS the name).

Yeaaah I didn't know how to get through it, like most others I guess, and then... there was this guy at primary school who got me through the cave. I remember it was before school, I dunno how I even knew he could get through it, but I think he had his Silver to check. It was one of my favourite Gold memories! Awesome stuff :)

I think there were others crowding around there, too. XD Oh and he was older and I still remember his name.

Pointless information at the end!

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Well, I really got stuck in Dewford. I had no idea I had to go to the cave and that stupid sailor wouldn't take me to Slateport. I figured it out, but it took a while ! ^^
    Also, during my first Pearl (german lol) playthorugh I got stuck in Floaroma. I had no idea I had to talk to the grunts in the northern part of the city. -_-'

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    My most embarrasing mistake.... when I was 8 I found a code on the internet for erasing the save file. Now I thought that this meant erasing the last save, so I would go back to the previous save point, before I had used my Masterball on Ho-oh, so I would be able to use it on one of the dogs instead.

I turned my game back on, and the whole file was gone. My Lvl. 100 Feraligatr, gone forever.... :(

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Back on tmy original Red, I didn't know that Flash existed. So I made my way all through Rock Tunnel completly blind. :/

I had to angle my Gameboy Colour precily to direct Sunlight in order to vaugly see where I was going. I thought I was super clever to work that out!

...yeah

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
  • TBH I think I beat all you guys with my level of idiocy

I got Blue the first year it came out, I was 7.

It took me an hour to figure out how to get out of my bedroom.

I didn't understand that those little things in the corners were stairs

Just try and beat that :)

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
  • TBH I think I beat all you guys with my level of idiocy

I got Blue the first year it came out, I was 7.

It took me an hour to figure out how to get out of my bedroom.

I didn't understand that those little things in the corners were stairs

Just try and beat that :)

Kay, I think I can beat it. I had no idea what saving a game meant when I first got Pokemon, so I'd play for hours at a time maybe getting far enough to Brock and then shut it off. I couldn't have possibly known there was so much left after that until I stumbled upon the save feature and realized it meant I didn't have to start from the beginning!

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
  • i think it was called 'ice cave' or whatever. you know, in the g/s/c series. i had no idea that you were supposed to push the boulders through the holes, so i was stuck in there forever. it was crystal, where people on your pokegear would give you gifts, so i thought the fisherman near the cave would give me ice skates. x___x needless to say, my mom's friend's son showed me to how to get out of the cave.

Years
  • Well i find this very hard to admit as i find it embarrassing.
    I still end up spending about an hour getting through Cinnabar Mansion.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Slateport City.

I went to the museum, Aqua were in the way. Went to Dock, conquered the Battle Tent repeatedly, went north, Aqua were there. Never went back to the museum.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • Getting stuck in Slateport City delivering the Devon Goods. I thought you had to wait a long time to get inside the museum until I started talking to random people to see if the line would disappear.

Years
  • I recently did a random Solo Run for emerald and I got so stuck in the Victory Road.
    I had to even look up the maps on Bulbapedia and I was still stuck. I didn't use flash at all.

Back