• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever!

Do my graphics and maps make EmberOrange feel like a real Orange Islands game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever!

:.Pokémon EmberOrange.:
    :.Hack of FireRed.:

~Basic Information~

This hack takes place in the Orange Islands. Also, Professor Ivy went to Hoenn to study the behaviors of the Pokémon there, and the gym leaders have been changed to provide something new to make it not the typical Orange Islands hack.

~Main Characters~

* Daniel - Daniel is the main male hero of the game. His dream is to become a Pokémon Master. His arch rival/best friend, Jenifer, keeps on appearing out of know where to test his skills. He will embark on an adventure through the Orange Islands, dealing with every
    possible mishap.
    * Jenifer - Daniel's best friend, and his arch rival. She keeps Daniel in line with his training. What Daniel does not know is that Jenifer has a crush on him, and that's why she always challenges him.
    * Professor Fig - The professor of the game. She replaced Professor Ivy, who went to Hoenn to study the behaviors of Pokémon. She gives you your first Pokémon, and eventually she becomes terribly ill.
    * Team Enigma Leader Ernest - the leader of Team Enigma. He made Professor Fig ill so she could pass the virus unto Pokémon so they could not be given out. You eventually thwart his evil plans and get the antivirus.

~Features~

~ New Tiles*
    ~ New Music
    ~ New Sprites*
    ~ Skateboard item
    ~ Major Plot Twist
    ~ Minigames (Just basic games like "guess who)
    ~ Many Side-Quests
    *These things are 100% mine.

~Storyline~

You go to the famous Professor Fig's lab to get a Pokémon. There were no tame Pokémon left except for a shiny Shuckle, so Professor Fig gladly gave it to you. You then head off to the next town. There, you here the news that Professor Fig became terribly ill. Her illness eventually spread and infected the Pokémon of the lab. You run to the lab to see if everything is OK, but the lab is quarantined. You must go throughout the Orange Islands looking for the Antivirus before the professor dies.

~Gym Leaders~

All the gym leaders and badges will be replaced too. here is the info:

1 ~ Leader Rocky - Type: Ice - Badge: Sapphire Conch

2 ~ Leader Norma - Type: Ground - Badge: Hessonite Bivalve

3 ~ Leader Violet - Type: Fire - Badge: Ruby Tuskshell

4 ~ Leader Earl - Type: Grass - Badge: Emerald Nautilus

~Screenshots~
    -Valencia Island-
    EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever! EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever!

EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever! EmberOrange -- Back and Better than Ever!
    -Route A-

~Maps~
    Hidden in spoiler tags if you do not want to see them!

Spoiler:

~Development Stages~

These are the stages that I will take to develop EmberOrange:
    1 ~ Mapping
    2 ~ Scripting
    3 ~ Spriting
    4 ~ Misc. Touch Ups

~Other Notes~

I will not release a beta of EmberOrange! Just wait until it is fully released! Also, I do not need help for those offering it. Here is the old thread for those who want to know about old EmberOrange.

Last edited:

peirau

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Cool nice hack can i help with mapping text editing or something else??

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    O_O;

Rough storyline...

So will we play as Jennifer if we choose to be a girl?

Since the Orange Islands came from the anime, will Ash make any suprise appearances? Or is it past his time?

It looks awesome, keep it up! :D

Years
    @peirau - I already know how to do all that, so I do not need help.
    @furrypaws16 - You do not get to play as Jenifer, but you do get to choose between 2 costumes for Daniel. Also, this hack is not based off of the anime at all, except for the region, so Ash will not make an appearance. (Tracy might, though)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, good luck with Ember Orange, Don Patch (we were waiting for it for quite some time ^-^) I loved the storyline (seems like it's still the same, but you've worked a bit more on the characters backgrounds, all of them look interesting. I just have a doubt.

If the Team Enigma Leader gave a virus so pokemon could not be given out, does that mean that Team Enigma's ultimate goal is to destroy pokemon? (interesting... different than the usual "use pokemon to do evil stuff")

Well, I suppose the Shiny Shuckle is gonna be a new poke that will look like a Shuckle recolored, and with edited stats and moves... But... Not really a shiny (but quite close), am I right? It's allright, anyway. I hope you make that Shuckle interesting, because Shuckie isn't really a great poke, in my opinion... :P

Years
    Well zel, they are called Team Enigma for a reason. (Hint Hint)

About the shiny Shuckle, I will probably end up doing that, but he will have a completely different moveset, stats, etc.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    wow
    thai is really good i love the tiles etc
    if you need any help whit palette changing just say:D

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    The graphics look nice! Are those your tiles, or did someone else make them? Story seems interesting, too. I'll check back sometime.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2007
    Very nice this is going to be a very good hack just hope it makes it to its full glory
    looking at the screen shots it looks like the orignal hero from Fire red are you going to change that?

Years
    I just found this in the old thread. The list of Pokémon appearing in EmberOrange.

-Grass-

Bellsprout
    Weepinbell
    Victreebell
    Bellossom
    Sunkern
    Sunflora
    Tropius
    Celebi
    Bulbasaur
    Ivysaur
    Venusaur

-Fire-

Charmander
    Charmeleon
    Charizard
    Ho-oh
    Magby
    Magmar
    Flareon
    Torkoal
    Numel
    Camerupt

-Water-

Squirtle
    Wartortle
    Blastoise
    Horsea
    Seadra
    Kingdra
    Lapras
    Vaporeon
    Corsola
    Relicanth
    Wingull
    Pelipper

-Electric-

Pichu
    Pikachu
    Raichu
    Jolteon
    Electabuzz
    Elekid
    Mareep
    Flaafy
    Ampharos

-Rock-

Shuckle
    SudoWoodo
    Onix
    Nosepass
    Larvitar
    Pupitar
    Tyranitar

-Ground-

Diglett
    Dugtrio
    Gligar
    Baltoy
    Claydol

-Ice-

Jynx
    Smoochum
    Sneasel
    Delibird

-Normal-

Meowth
    Persian
    Lickitung
    Ditto
    Eevee
    Snorlax
    Aipom
    Togepi
    Tegetic
    Smeargle
    Castform

-Flying-

Pidgey
    Pidgeotto
    Pidgeot
    Farfetch'd
    Swablu

-Psychic-

Abra
    Kadabra
    Alakazam
    Mr. Mime
    Espeon
    Lugia
    Girafarig
    Lunatone
    Solrock
    Chimecho

-Poison-

Ekans
    Arbok
    Gromer
    Muk
    Spinarak
    Araidos
    Seviper

-Bug-

Scyther
    Scizor
    Yanma
    Heracross
    Volbeat
    Illumise
    Wurmple
    Silcoon
    Cascoon
    Beautifly
    Dustox

-Dragon-

Dratini
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Altaria

-Dark-

Umbreon
    Absol
    Murkrow

-Steel-

Steelix
    Skarmory
    Mawhile

-Fighting-

Tyrogue
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmonchamp
    Hitmontop
    Meditite
    Medicham

-?????-
    Crystal Onix*

*Crystal Onix is left as ??? because I do not know what types to make it. (Though I am planning on making it Ice/Steel)

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
    wow

nice man , lookin good, your house tiles are really creative , good luk wiv the hack man, doubt you do but if u need any help , i know nearly everything about advance map , so if u need creating new map banks or anything just ask...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, I'm not sure if Don Patch is willing to add new pokes, but I think he wants to add tropical version of the classic pokemon, am I right? (Well, I'm waiting to see a few of those "tropical" pokemon, as that nice Sprout...)

Also, is that a "complete" list? (I don't see legendaries there, except for Celebii, Ho-oh and Lugia)

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I remember this hack. Well, hope this one lasts to the very completion, and good luck Don Patch! ;)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Dooooooon, ol' buddy, how's it hangin'? I like the *new* EmberOrange you've got in store for us! Kinda sucks that you don't give out Betas, but hey, what can we do about it? You've made up your mind! Now the Wild Pokemon thing, I like the fact that there are actually going to be wild fire pokemon in EmberOrange, they should be frequent (hence the hack name)... because I like Fire Pokemon. Make them early in the game obtainable. Sorry, I didn't check the old EmberOrange thread, but did you say who the starter pokemon would be for this game, if you didn't, would you be able to give out that info now? Anyways, luck to you and your game, don't let the hack die again! Even though Christos did...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back