• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    .. I'm honestly a bit stunned they trademarked the name Delta Emerald.

Like I'm just not finding much of a point to making a third installment to these games, unless it ends up being a sequel to ORAS. Which would be pretty awesome.

But granted they do have trademarks of many other names they never used and probably never will use. (i.e. Pokemon Brown, Pokemon Grey) The latter being the name we were so sure was gonna be the name of the third installment to B&W. So it's very possible that yeah, they're just hanging onto this name just in case.

I really wouldn't count on a remake of Emerald... because honestly that's just so pointless. The remakes in the past held bits and pieces of the third installment already, so there was no need to make a third game. To suddenly change that now would make no sense.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • .. I'm honestly a bit stunned they trademarked the name Delta Emerald.

Like I'm just not finding much of a point to making a third installment to these games, unless it ends up being a sequel to ORAS. Which would be pretty awesome.

But granted they do have trademarks of many other names they never used and probably never will use. (i.e. Pokemon Brown, Pokemon Grey) The latter being the name we were so sure was gonna be the name of the third installment to B&W. So it's very possible that yeah, they're just hanging onto this name just in case.

I really wouldn't count on a remake of Emerald... because honestly that's just so pointless. The remakes in the past held bits and pieces of the third installment already, so there was no need to make a third game. To suddenly change that now would make no sense.

They should just stick with the Emerald story with a slight change in the story to focus on the new forms (Megas or formes) of the mascots instead of making a remake of Emerald.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I doubt they are making a 3rd game, as others have said, it is just to keep the names secure so no one else can use them like Pokemon Grey and WaterBlue. For some reason people are failing to understand that Emerald was a remake of ruby and sapphire. ORAS are probably actually remakes of emerald they just use the original names so they can make 2 games. Much like they did with HGSS

Years
  • I doubt they are making a 3rd game, as others have said, it is just to keep the names secure so no one else can use them like Pokemon Grey and WaterBlue. For some reason people are failing to understand that Emerald was a remake of ruby and sapphire. ORAS are probably actually remakes of emerald they just use the original names so they can make 2 games. Much like they did with HGSS

Well to be fair Emerald was more of a "remix" of RS, same goes for all third versions. Remakes usually imply that they're developed in another technological generation than the originals.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • i find it near impossible to see a remake for emerald to be honest. seeing as there were no remakes for blue, yellow or crystal. i find it near impossible for there to be a remake. though, what might happen is emerald's story getting the in the game like how it happened with crystal's story in hgss. though it makes me wonder, how would rayquaza work in these games?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    ya like what they did with heartgold and soulsilver when they merged suicunes story into the game. maybe they have always wanted to do that but didnt for FR LG because yellow never changed the story except with the different starter. maybe they will add rayquaza into the story. like just the scene where rayquaza comes down from the sky but everything else be the same. ooooooooh i cant wait to see what they do with this new game.

Years
  • ya like what they did with heartgold and soulsilver when they merged suicunes story into the game. maybe they have always wanted to do that but didnt for FR LG because yellow never changed the story except with the different starter. maybe they will add rayquaza into the story. like just the scene where rayquaza comes down from the sky but everything else be the same. ooooooooh i cant wait to see what they do with this new game.

I also want to see that scene in these games. If not...then maybe an Emerald remake should be made after all...

I hope they also add in both evil teams and the opposite mascot in.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Maybe Delta Emerald could be a far-off future re-remake perhaps? I mean look, Water Blue was trademarked when FRLG came about, maybe they are possibly remaking them again with just one game? Possibly coming in Gen 7? I know it seems :t083: but just think of it. Kinda wasteful for trademarking something that wont be used right? Or probably just so people can't use the name I guess :/

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • if only pokemon emerald Z then we can get a double third to throw thing even more out of the mix than unova did

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Pokemon Registered Trademark Delta Emerald!

I don't if I should trust this info... but on PokeBeach I saw.. lol, and I'v heard, that, they DID register 'Grey" and 'WaterBlue"
    What do you think?
    Tell me if this is posted already. Okay?
    Sorry I was in a hurry my English sucks..

Years
  • It'd be cool to have an Emerald remake, but since every remake up to this point doesn't have the third game with them (FR/LG , HG/SS) I doubt that there will be one.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2014
    If there would be an emerald remake, which I doubt, then surely it'd be called Delta Emerald right? :p

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • What if they actually made a Delta Emerald and Gamma Z and pair it as to tie XY and ORAS together? Imo it would seem awesome.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    While I'm sure the whole Delta Emerald is just an extra trademark that'll never go anywhere (just like Water Blue in Gen III, and Grey in Gen V), the name confuses me.

The Alpha/Omega naming scheme makes sense. The games feature deities that, according to mythology, created Hoenn, and, throughout the course of the game, wreak havoc and could very well destroy Hoenn (as we know it). Creation, destruction. Beginning, end.

However, I don't understand Delta Emerald. Isn't the whole idea of Rayquaza that he keeps Kyogre and Groudon in line? Balance? Or in other words, he protects the status quo against change?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I also reckon that the third game/installment of the remakes is unlikely, case is, they're probably going to throw in all the good parts of Emerald in these remakes the same way they did with HGSS. Remember though, Delta doesn't just mean "change", it also means "difference," not that that would clear anything up. It's also denoted as a triangle (Δ), perhaps representing Deoxys.

We're all expecting Rayquaza here, but Deoxys (who is a Hoenn native), is also
    Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?
    . This is because it can change its forme (attack, defense, normal, speed). So if you consider "Pokémon Delta Emerald" as being a sequel, or standalone addition to the Hoenn remakes; Deoxys fits the bill quite well here.

The only thing here is that "Emerald" doesn't quite suit Deoxys' colour scheme, so on one hand it makes more sense for it to be relating to Rayquaza, but on the other, "Delta" suits Deoxys perfectly. So I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Deoxys becoming a mascot if there is going to be another release in this series.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I also reckon that the third game/installment of the remakes is unlikely, case is, they're probably going to throw in all the good parts of Emerald in these remakes the same way they did with HGSS. Remember though, Delta doesn't just mean "change", it also means "difference," not that that would clear anything up. It's also denoted as a triangle (Δ), perhaps representing Deoxys.

We're all expecting Rayquaza here, but Deoxys (who is a Hoenn native), is also
    Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?
    . This is because it can change its forme (attack, defense, normal, speed). So if you consider "Pokémon Delta Emerald" as being a sequel, or standalone addition to the Hoenn remakes; Deoxys fits the bill quite well here.

The only thing here is that "Emerald" doesn't quite suit Deoxys' colour scheme, so on one hand it makes more sense for it to be relating to Rayquaza, but on the other, "Delta" suits Deoxys perfectly. So I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Deoxys becoming a mascot if there is going to be another release in this series.

While I agree that the idea of 'change', or Delta, goes very well with a Pokemon that changes form like Deoxys, I also had another idea while reading this.

Since Groudon and Kyogre seem to be on the list for getting Mega Forms, there is a chance that Rayquaza is going to end up with one too. And with the form change comes more power, and thus more control over the former pair. Which would help bring change in the form of unity between the three elements, just as he tried to do in the original Emerald.

There's a couple things Delta could be signaling at here what with Rayquaza and the Mega Forms and all... hey it might even be possible Deoxys will play a role alongside Rayquaza. Similar to the Pokemon Movie featuring the two, but.. far more friendly. :D;

Perhaps the Mega Forms the three are bound to get will cause their air, earth, and water powers to double up in power and control too. As in, they can create an even more balanced environment than before if they put their heads together. That would be pretty cool for Rayquaza to try to settle with them.

Years
  • I highly doubt they will add an emerald remake, I mean they didn't add a Yellow remake when they made a remake for red/blue/green and they didn't make a Crystal remake for heartgold/soulsilver either. But you know, Nintendo can be surprising because I was expecting the remakes to be before X & Y was made and not after.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    While I agree that the idea of 'change', or Delta, goes very well with a Pokemon that changes form like Deoxys, I also had another idea while reading this.

Since Groudon and Kyogre seem to be on the list for getting Mega Forms, there is a chance that Rayquaza is going to end up with one too. And with the form change comes more power, and thus more control over the former pair. Which would help bring change in the form of unity between the three elements, just as he tried to do in the original Emerald.

There's a couple things Delta could be signaling at here what with Rayquaza and the Mega Forms and all... hey it might even be possible Deoxys will play a role alongside Rayquaza. Similar to the Pokemon Movie featuring the two, but.. far more friendly. :D;

Perhaps the Mega Forms the three are bound to get will cause their air, earth, and water powers to double up in power and control too. As in, they can create an even more balanced environment than before if they put their heads together. That would be pretty cool for Rayquaza to try to settle with them.
    Well, we're not sure they are "mega" formes. It's possible that we could be seeing something similar to mega-evolution in these games, but different. It's likely that Delta could be the unifying cause though, since the symbol is a triangle. Perhaps this "Delta" name will shed some light on the "change" in formes we're seeing.

It's interesting, either Delta will just be the unification of the three with Rayquaza, Delta will expand on the new formes (if not mega evolutions), or we could see the inclusion of Deoxys. One thing about GameFreak is that they're not predictable these days, so you'd never know. I'm certainly just not going to rule out the possibility of Deoxys playing a role, especially given its relativity to Delta.

I'm just in massive doubt that we'll see an Emerald remake too, so that's why all I can really see happening is a sequel or story differentiation or something along those lines if we were to see Pokémon: Delta Emerald to be released.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Well, we're not sure they are "mega" formes. It's possible that we could be seeing something similar to mega-evolution in these games, but different. It's likely that Delta could be the unifying cause though, since the symbol is a triangle. Perhaps this "Delta" name will shed some light on the "change" in formes we're seeing.

It's interesting, either Delta will just be the unification of the three with Rayquaza, Delta will expand on the new formes (if not mega evolutions), or we could see the inclusion of Deoxys. One thing about GameFreak is that they're not predictable these days, so you'd never know. I'm certainly just not going to rule out the possibility of Deoxys playing a role, especially given its relativity to Delta.

I'm just in massive doubt that we'll see an Emerald remake too, so that's why all I can really see happening is a sequel or story differentiation or something along those lines if we were to see Pokémon: Delta Emerald to be released.

Yeah.. and the triangle is known as the shape of total balance; a perfect center of gravity. It's why they use it in building so much!

I'm also in agreement about the lack of an Emerald remake. I mean, granted, they've broken our pattern of familiarity in the past when they created Black 2 and White 2 instead of Pokemon Grey. I was very pleasantly surprised by it due to the fact they made it a sequel instead of a recreation with extra features. If Delta Emerald becomes a thing, there's a high chance they'll throw off our familiarity again by making it a sequel.

A sequel would be quite a unique trait for those who love the Hoenn region. I know I would surely enjoy that way more than a normal third version.

Back