• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    On the contrary. In the second trailer that was released during E3, right before showing off the Team Magma/Aqua screenshots, a blurb of text reads 'Two different tales await you!' Second, Serebii's page for Team Magma and Aqua states that the games will be running similarly to Ruby and Sapphire, with the evil team you face depending on the version you buy.

In terms of the stories being different, even if both teams are evil, if one is given more prominence over the other, the story would still be different.

As for the information from Serebii, I stand by the screenshots they themselves posted. Team Aqua did not want to expand the sea in Ruby, but in Omega Ruby you are told they want to. Unless the caption was a mistake (which it doesn't seem to be because the enemy team was always on the left when fighting the good team on Mt. Chimney in the originals) it seems that the teams are, at least, both driven by their own desires, as opposed to just wanting to stop each other.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Team Aqua did not want to expand the sea in Ruby, but in Omega Ruby you are told they want to. Unless the caption was a mistake (which it doesn't seem to be because the enemy team was always on the left when fighting the good team on Mt. Chimney in the originals) it seems that the teams are, at least, both driven by their own desires, as opposed to just wanting to stop each other.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

I was gonna make a post about this but you summed it up perfectly. Maybe depending on whichever version, Team Magma/Team Aqua will be focused on more but Team Aqua/Team Magma will be focused on less but still try (do??) to accomplish their goal? I think that would make a good compromise between R/S story elements and Emerald story elements :)

Years
    As for the information from Serebii, I stand by the screenshots they themselves posted. Team Aqua did not want to expand the sea in Ruby, but in Omega Ruby you are told they want to. Unless the caption was a mistake (which it doesn't seem to be because the enemy team was always on the left when fighting the good team on Mt. Chimney in the originals) it seems that the teams are, at least, both driven by their own desires, as opposed to just wanting to stop each other.

What that tells me is the games will have a primary focus on the team that corresponds with their mascot, like Magma with Groudon in Omega Ruby, like the original Ruby plot, but the opposing team won't be relegated to a supporting role, like the Emerald plot. Which is something that Serebii covered in its page, in the last sentence of the beginning paragraph. In Emerald, when Groudon and Kyogre face off towards the end of the game, Archie and Maxie realize the disaster they've caused and make amends once Rayquaza helps fix the issue. That could be something that is brought into ORAS from Emerald's story line.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Combination, Destruction, and Recombination - Emerald's Presence

With the recent news about Team Aqua and Team Magma's role in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire it seems as though the remakes will use the plot-line of Ruby and Sapphire respectively as a base rather than that of Emerald. But what does this mean for the changes that Emerald brought?

Ruby and Sapphire were the first games to have significant differences separating the two games. Aside from a few Pokemon, the Generation One and Two games were essentially the same thing. Anything that happened in one game happened in the other. So when Crystal came out the changes it made were almost purely supplemental as opposed to revisionary. Combining Crystal into Heart Gold and Soul Silver took very little reworking. But the changes Emerald brought were significant. Emerald had to reconcile the differences in the plot-lines of Ruby and Sapphire. In doing so Emerald fused the two games together and took its place as the 'canon timeline.'

Emerald was a fusion of Ruby and Sapphire. Now, it seems, it will have to be broken down and fused back into the originals. How do you expect the elements Emerald brought will be incorporated into the latest remakes?
    Will we see the return of Rayquaza's fight between Kyogre and Groudon?
    Which team do you think the Gym Leaders will use, the originals or Emerald's, neither?
    Will Pokemon Contests be spread out across Hoenn or be centralized in Lilycove?
    Will we get to choose which of the Eon duo we fight or will it be chosen for us like it was in the originals?
    Will Terra Cave and Marine cave still exist?
    Should Team Magma's base be relocated?
    Do you expect to see Pokemon Jump and Dodrio Berry Picking to make a return?
    What about the e-Reader features that Emerald prominently featured?

(As an aside to the moderators, I'm aware of the topic 'Emerald?' however the opening post sets the topic as being about an imaginary name for an Emerald remake rather than discussing how the elements from Emerald will be brought to the remakes.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think that they'll use their Emerald teams for the sake of giving the Gym leaders and E4 more species diversity.
    I have a feeling the Eon duo will go back to being exclusive to the remake of their original home version. The Southern island event will allow us to get the other with Soul Dew (I think our version exclusive will have their Mega Stone but the Southern island one won't.)
    I wish that Magma's base will be at Mt.Chimney like in Emerald. Or that they at least make their Lilycove cove base look similar to their Emerald base.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The main thing I want to see is Rayquaza being a big player in the games. That is really all I care for, but I just don't see that happening now with Groudon and Kyogre not showing up in one another's game. I think it may be one of the biggest mistakes they make, unless of course that actually do bring out Delta Emerald.

Years
    I am wondering if they make Rayquaza a bigger role in both games. Here's how:

After Team Aqua awakens Kyogre and Team Magma awakens Groudon (depending on what version you choose to play), and after one of them threatens to flood or dry up the world and you stop them by using the right orb, the event ends and you don't catch either one of them....yet.

Next, in the postgame, both of them suddenly come back and fight each other in Sootopolis while every watches. Therefore you go to Rayquaza to break up the fight. After Rayquaza breaks up the fight, you can catch Kyogre in Marine Cave (in AS) or Groudon in Terra Cave (OR) and Rayquaza.

I know my grammar is not good. This is my suggestion on how they can combine the games and also make an interesting post-game.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I am wondering if they make Rayquaza a bigger role in both games. Here's how:

After Team Aqua awakens Kyogre and Team Magma awakens Groudon (depending on what version you choose to play), and after one of them threatens to flood or dry up the world and you stop them by using the right orb, the event ends and you don't catch either one of them....yet.

Next, in the postgame, they suddenly come back and fight each other in Sootopolis while every watches. Therefore you go to Rayquaza to break up the fight. After Rayquaza breaks up the fight, you can catch Kyogre in Marine Cave (in AS) or Groudon in Terra Cave (OR) and Rayquaza.

I know my grammar is not good. This is my suggestion on how they can combine the games and also make an interesting post-game.

This sounds like a great idea, I'd really like to see this kind of idea implemented!

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    We've already seen that both teams will fight for the same things as they do in Emerald. They'll probably incorporate elements of Emerald's story while making them fit to the RS stories. The twist will probably be that only one team in each game is successful in actually finding their legendary.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I think the Emerald storyline will happen. It just so happens that in OR, we are focused on Team Magma, and in AS, we are focused in Team Aqua, rather than splitting it in parts like what Emerald did. The base tho is what intrigues me tho. AS seems to have the upper hand considering Aqua's base is in Lilycove City. Maybe Magma's base can be hidden in Lilycove City too like they did in Ruby? But I'm kinda disappointed if that will happen since I did like how they did in Emerald. Maybe they could return both of the hideouts in both of the versions but the other team's base could be explored post game and maybe find some megastones perhaps?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Having a remake of all three RSE games might be overkill, too, so I doubt that they will remake Emerald in the future. I won't however, cut out the possibility they'd make a sequel to Emerald/ORAS. :) I just don't think they wouldn't include anything from Emerald in ORAS since what was the point of the third version after all if it wasn't a better version of RS storyline. /shrugs.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I already thought it was really silly that Team Magma was in Lilycove and you had to surf to their base. I doubt that they will keep that in ORAS, since it doesn't really make any sense and they seem to be changing the storyline anyway. Maybe TM's new base will be in the Fallorbor area? I don't think it would make much of a difference if we had to Fly somewhere.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yeah, the only thing that differentiates the two bases in R and S was the entrance XD More land for Team Magma, More Water for Team Aqua xD Yeah I hope the Magma Hideout returns :33

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    In my opinion, and I think many will agree with me, Emerald was much better than R/S, just because of the story with both teams, and the new areas, and of course the battle between Groudon and Kyogre. Since it's also the canon storyline, it'd only be logical to put it in the remakes, and I honestly hope they do.

But then again, what will the differences between the two games be?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd like Scott and the Battle Frontier to make a comeback in OR/AS. The Battle Tower coming back just isn't enough for post-game purposes.

Years
    I already thought it was really silly that Team Magma was in Lilycove and you had to surf to their base. I doubt that they will keep that in ORAS, since it doesn't really make any sense and they seem to be changing the storyline anyway. Maybe TM's new base will be in the Fallorbor area? I don't think it would make much of a difference if we had to Fly somewhere.
    I'll rather they return in Mt. Chimney. They should reuse that base if they don't plan to use the Lilycove base. If one has the right bike they can simply fly to Lavaridge and bounce up the rocks and ta-da they're there. That's what I did when to get there faster... Well that and there's also the going to Lavaridge, jumping to the ledge at the east, then taking the cable car to the top of Mt. Chimney, and taking the ledges downhill.

Years
    Third generation is such a huge cash cow and such an easy profit I really wouldn't be surprised if they released Delta Emerald.

RGB, GSC were too but we didn't get third version remakes of them. And irc DPP were a bigger cash cow than RSE so when their remakes come Pt may be remade too should they remake Emerald for this generation...

Also for those bringing up the captions on the screenshots. There are two versions of similar scenes. They have one where Magma is on the left near the entrance and one where Aqua is on the left also in the entrance, just like in the originals. That means they are for the most part following RS' storyline.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    From what I remember in the originals, Magma and Aqua still had their goals intact in the opposing versions. They just weren't portrayed as evil.

However I think the story won't be completely the same as in the originals because of the Primal forms and the fact the leaders might have Mega Evolutions of their own. GF will have to explain all that in a satisfactory way.

Years
    From what I remember in the originals, Magma and Aqua still had their goals intact in the opposing versions. They just weren't portrayed as evil.

However I think the story won't be completely the same as in the originals because of the Primal forms and the fact the leaders might have Mega Evolutions of their own. GF will have to explain all that in a satisfactory way.

All I can remember is that the opposing teams in RS didn't want their favored part of the earth to be dried up/flooded, but they never really mentioned anything about flooding/drying up the world.

I'll rather they add in some elements of Emerald than go too deep into a new feature that wasn't in the originals, but that may be just me...

Back