• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald Battle Factory

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one and I had to mention this just now.

Has anyone ever in the history of mankind gotten the Gold Symbol in the Emerald Battle Factory? I fail to see how it would even be possible because no matter how good you are or how well you know the game, the RNG will always catch up to you.

For those that may have forgotten, the Battle Factory is where you play 3 v 3 games with rental pokemon (think pokemon stadium), and you have to win 42 battles consecutively to get the Gold Symbol. The difficulty is very much in the fact you need those 42 wins in succession, because that means the you only need one bad type match-up, or one untimely quick claw proc, or a one-hit-KO move hitting and you're done.

The reason I'm bringing this up right because I really thought I was going to pull this off and finally do it. I was at the last stretch in the 40th game, I was lucky enough to score an incredible team of Tyranitar, Suicune and Latios. To my mind this was a near perfect team as they all covered each others weaknesses. So in the 40th match, the opposition lead is a Medicham. That should be a good match-up for me given Psychic barely effects my team and I have Latios to tank the fighting hits. So obviously my first move I switch into Latios, but I get hit with a Dynamic Punch and am now confused. So I switch to Suicune, and again, Dynamic Punch confusion. So I switch back to Latios, but wait, Ice Punch, I just survive, but I get frozen. So I sac Latios, go back to Suicune, and I know I have to play risky, so I go for a Calm Mind. But I get hit with DPunch again, and are confused once more. Okay I'm rambling on, but basically the AI landed all 5 Dynamic Punches and I lost to the Medicham, and it was really annoying.

So, what I ask of you fine people of PokeCommunity is how on Earth do you get the Factory Gold Symbol? Is it possible? Do you have any particular strategies for it aside from the logical ones of try to have good attacking and defensive coverage? Do you know of any fated individuals that have managed to conquer the RNG and attained the covets Gold Symbol? I've been playing Emerald for nearly 10 years, and I shudder to think how many hours I've sank into trying to finally conquer this white whale. I've been on the edge of the precipice for so long, and I know it's there. I might just need that final tip to bring it home though. To anyone who can assist me, I will be much obliged.

Years
  • No, but I got the Silver symbol back in 2005. And yes, all battle facilities are known for this kind of garbage. I'm sure someone has gotten all the symbols, though. The more you swap the stronger Pokémon you'll likely be able to get.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Actually, the Battle Factory was the first facility I got a gold medal on. I learned real quick that status changing moves make a huge difference. It was a good long time ago, but I remember having Pokemon that delivered those moves quite well, and while the foe is trying to tank through it, just spam offensive attacks. The only thing that messed me up once was when the AI would spam Double Team. Jeez, I hate that move.

Of course, most of my time went to the Battle Dome, so I don't remember a whole lot.

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
    Years
  • Well me being a completionist, I had too. I want to have everything 100% done so yeah eventually I got the gold medal. I think I did it 3 years ago or so.

KodakKid3

Aggron
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I've never gotten the Gold Symbol.

No matter how amazing I'm doing, however great my team is, it's just one bad match up that'll wreck you.

It would be a great combination of determination and luck in order to obtain the Gold Symbol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sadly, I haven't managed to gain even a single symbol from Emerald's Battle Factory (or any other, for that matter). For me, it's impossible to play with rented Pokémon at times, as they usually don't have any move, item, or ability that I would want nor expect. Some of them do have good move-sets and whatnot, but oftentimes, unfortunately, they don't seem to. Though, participating in this facility is quite fun!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I've gotten gold symbols in the Pike, Arena, Tower, and Dome; but it took me soooo long. I gave up on the Palace and Pyramid and to this day I'm still trying for the Factory.

You can bet that if ORAS has the frontier I will take the games to my grave trying to get all the gold symbols.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Most of the time I just spent there was failing battle after battle. I really suck at it. Never got a symbol or anything. I would of have been 100 times better if there was the IV items and stuff like that. That would make things a WHOLE lot easier! :3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I have only ever gotten the Silver Symbol in the Battle Factory, and it was one of the hardest ones to get for me so I don't think I ever tried for a gold and decided Silver was enough for me back then. If the Battle Frontier is in ORAS I will definitely go for the gold, but I don't really see myself revisiting in order to get it. ;_; I don't want to go through that again.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    3 months after I made this thread, I finally did it, and I actually haven't been trying that hard to do it in that time frame as I restarted my Emerald and had to get all the way back to the Battle Frontier, and funnily enough in my new game I actually got it on my 3rd attempt. Luck just seemed to be massively on my side for once in this facility as I was always getting one or two decent pokemon from the opening selection, and I was able to keep swapping early game as whenever I'd come up against someone of a certain type, there always seemed to be a swap option to counter it (swapping in Umbreon and Metagross for Psychic types or Marowak for Electrics for example).

So I was able to swap pretty consistently in the first five rounds without too many problems, and once I hit the final round I was given a pretty good selection to choose from. So I chose Latias, Milotic and Regirock and they saw me through the entire game as they actually had great synergy. Latias had Thunder Wave which was great for making things slower than Regirock who came in clutch often KOing one pokemon and Exploding on the next.

So now I have finally beaten all the Battle Frontier Facilities, but now I want to have all the Gold Symbols on a single save game, but at least the hardest one is out of the way. Time to get that Beldum from Steven and start EV training. That's going to be a chore {XD}

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I did.
    I got all of them in Gold.

It was awfully difficult, especially on the Battle Factory and Battle Pike.

Back