• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Emerald Remake Instead?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Would you have preferred a remake of Emerald instead of two of Ruby and Sapphire? Ignore the fact that this would only produce one version, and how that hasn't happened before. What would you want?

I kind of wish we had Emerald instead, with the Delta Episode implemented into the story somehow. I always thought it was odd and sort of one-sided that we only chased after one evil team when there were clearly two threats in these games. Also, why was Team Magma's base in the ocean instead of in the volcano? I've always wondered that.

Years
  • Yeah it's quite surprising that Game Freak didn't really incorporate Emerald into ORAS at all. I can understand that they wanted these games to be strictly remakes of Ruby and Sapphire but by adding mega evolution and various other features the originals didn't have, it wouldn't have been a bad thing if they included some features from Emerald too *cough* Battle Frontier *cough*.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I was actually hoping that they would have made a third game to put into the series since I felt Emerald offered so much in terms of additions, but I understand they wanted it to be strictly a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. I think it was a missed opportunity to incorporate many of the additions into the game. I felt that the Delta Episode was pretty odd and tried to be that part that said "we haven't forgotten about Emerald". I think the biggest let down that a majority of the playerbase was hoping would be there was the Battle Frontier since it gave the post-game a bit of essence.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Looking back, yeah, I think an Emerald remake would have turned out better than what we got. But considering HGSS was able to be, in essence, a Crystal remake with GS plot deviations and exclusives, it definitely wasn't impossible for ORAS to have been an Emerald remake with RS plot deviations and exclusives. After the standard set by HGSS, it's nearly inexcusable for ORAS to have excluded so much content from Emerald.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • I certainly prefer this idea, maybe a mix between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald. If they remake Emerald, it makes the game harder (I'm looking at you, Tate and Liza), and the fact that we actually have to fight both Team Aqua and Team Magma (Invade evil team hideout, twice!). And at the same time I want Steven to remained Champion (sorry Wallace, the only thing that is easy on Emerald was you).

Overall, I think I just wanted to see the Sootopolis Groudon vs Kyogre vs Rayquaza scene in 3DS, but that will never happen for now. The sudden heavy rain and harsh sunlight switches really gave us the feeling of Hoenn is in deep trouble

Years
  • I felt OR/AS should have incorporated elements from Emerald in a way HG/SS included elements from Crystal, rather than being more like R/S with a 6th Gen coat of paint. Delta Episode made up for it, I guess.

Guest123_x1

As much as I know everybody wanted an Emerald remake, I knew that wasn't going to happen, since Yellow and Crystal were never remade (although I was expecting both those third games to get remakes back when FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver were released, respectively).

Then again, the trademark registration of "Delta Emerald" was taken as Nintendo trolling us because of the OR/AS "Delta Episode". (I have long suspected that "Delta Emerald" had a trademark registration filing solely to get after ROM hackers who would come up with a "Delta Emerald".)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Was actually sad this didn't happen. Although I guess they somewhat made up for it with showing the detailed scene of the rain/drought, which was really neat to see. Still would've been fascinating to see Rayquaza descending from the heavens calming **** down though, lol.

When I heard about ORAS I actually thought this was going to happen, given what we saw with Crystal, and that we'd be able to catch Groudon/Kyogre based on what game we had after. Not that they would be the only legends we'd be given the chance to :(

Oh well. The scenes where we went to catch the two legendaries were really, really cool.

zeno101200

The Wanderer
    Years
  • I would love if just Emerald was remade instead of both. A revamped version of the old Battle Frontier, yet still in tact. Delta Episode implemented throughout the story of the game, rather than tacked on at the end. I feel that would also make the game much more memorable for me. I played through AS and OR and I can't remember much from either game honestly. The story, in my opinion, was one of the most forgettable except for Delta Episode. Not that Pokemon games too often have stories as strong points, but I feel it just could have used a lot more.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Wow... I didn't know that people really did prefer Emerald :( I guess the Battle Frontier was a big dealbreaker for some, huh?

In terms of narrative I actually prefer RS. I really like when substantial version differences are applied between games, and I think it's way more clever to have a "good team" helping you deal with the "bad team" rather than just having "two bad teams," so I think RS have a lot to offer by way of basic charm. But Emerald is certainly superior content-wise and has great features that fans have wanted back in the series for a long time now. To not see them return in ORAS was definitely not in the remakes' favor.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • In terms of narrative I actually prefer RS. I really like when substantial version differences are applied between games, and I think it's way more clever to have a "good team" helping you deal with the "bad team" rather than just having "two bad teams," so I think RS have a lot to offer by way of basic charm. But Emerald is certainly superior content-wise and has great features that fans have wanted back in the series for a long time now. To not see them return in ORAS was definitely not in the remakes' favor.

But does it really make any sense to have one good team that wants to also reawaken a legendary Pokemon? I never really understood why one of the teams was more successful than the other one..

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    But does it really make any sense to have one good team that wants to also reawaken a legendary Pokemon? I never really understood why one of the teams was more successful than the other one..

Hmm, from my understanding, in Ruby, Team Aqua did not want to awaken Kyogre. They just wanted to stop Team Magma, making them a good team. And in Sapphire it was all reversed. In ORAS, though, they're both bad.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    No I'd just rather they incorporated the important Emerald features: Gym Leader rematches, Battle Frontier - that kind of thing.

Years
  • I would have preferred an Emerald/other Gen III remake to Sun and Moon honestly, I think that what's been shown of Gen 7 so far is a bunch of flashy gimmicks that stray a little too far from the Pokemon formula, in my opinion. #twocents

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I would've preferred a remake of Pokemon Emerald, at you would be able to battle both Team Magma and Team Aqua and possibly see Primal Groudon vs Primal Kyogre vs Mega Rayquaza.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I would have preferred an Emerald/other Gen III remake to Sun and Moon honestly, I think that what's been shown of Gen 7 so far is a bunch of flashy gimmicks that stray a little too far from the Pokemon formula, in my opinion. #twocents

What sort of gimmicks are the ones you didn't like? I'm wondering 'cause I've loved a lot of the new things introduced, haha.

Years
  • What sort of gimmicks are the ones you didn't like? I'm wondering 'cause I've loved a lot of the new things introduced, haha.

The new Pokémon seem less and less organic the more games we get, I think there's an over reliance on different forms rather than new Pokémon, abilities, etc,. They've always been based around a very fine mix of formula + innovation but with the last series or two, ORAS and Sun and moon, I felt that balance has been out whack some, I dunno.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    i would have love if emerald became a remake instead of just ruby and sapphire. Because then maybe we could have battle frontier instead of battle maison :)

Back