• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I'm leaning towards early March for the B/W series because they may coincide with the English releases of the Black and White video games.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I'm leaning towards early March for the B/W series because they may coincide with the English releases of the Black and White video games.
    That is exactly what I thought looking at how the Japanese B/W games and the Best Wishes Anime series were both released quite close to each other.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Pokemon Black and White EUR release data!!!

Hey guys while I was at this site I found at that the EUR release data of Pokemon Black is at 15 march 2011!
    P.S. you might translate it into english.
    P.P.S. that means it'll be Autumn when they're released!!!

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Oh my God! I live in Spain, so the date will be the same. Thank you very much! Now I'm sure I will be able to buy the 3DS and Pokémon White at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I'm far more inclined to believe they're using a random placeholder date using the knowledge that the games will be released sometime during the Spring and that HGSS were released during March of this year.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    At first I was 'what the hell, March is Spring.'

Then I remembered about B/W seasons feature *facepalm*

Thanks for sharing this, can't wait :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    15th March 2011 is a Tuesday. I find it strange to release such a game on that day. I would expect more a Friday or Saturday release.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    This thread is already open to discuss the release date so continue on here. :P

Years
  • The release date won't be march 15, sites like that just make up a placeholder date like mentioned by someone before me.

It's likely to be a later date-- and not on a tuesday.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • wow I sure hope so I wonder if that means we get in NA get it in the early half of march or if the EU will get their games earlier than us like Korea did with Hg/Ss...

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
  • The release date won't be march 15, sites like that just make up a placeholder date like mentioned by someone before me.

It's likely to be a later date-- and not on a tuesday.

More than likely it'll be a Sunday.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Well I'm already impatient about it!
    (Grr, translation taking too long!) XD

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
    Years
  • Well I'm already impatient about it!
    (Grr, translation taking too long!) XD
    You are not the only! I am so imapatient as well... i have been looking at every forums... but i have to get out of there really quick cause all the spoilers exist!!
    For now I just relax and getting ready for Pokemon's big bomb to be drop!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    This is the problem with Pokemon being a text based game. Lots of other Nintendo games, such as the Mario series, come out at the same time here and in Japan. But there's a lot to translate, hence the time delays. It really shouldn't take 6 months though :\

I'd think a December/January release should really be what they aim for, but March/April is of course much more likely.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • More than likely it'll be a Sunday.

I never understood why Pokemon games are always released on Sundays, much like movies are always released in theatres on Fridays and on DVD on Tuesdays, I don't know what's wrong with releasing them on those days though, but it will be on any Sunday between February 6th and March 27th, that's if Cartoon Network does not screw up the anime schedule.....

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • I never understood why Pokemon games are always released on Sundays, much like movies are always released in theatres on Fridays and on DVD on Tuesdays, I don't know what's wrong with releasing them on those days though, but it will be on any Sunday between February 6th and March 27th, that's if Cartoon Network does not screw up the anime schedule.....
    I don't think Cartoon Network will screw up with the anime schedule, although the Sinnoh League Victors is quickly catching up much more quickly than expected. I assume the Pokemon series will take a short hiatus to deal with Best Wishes if that's the case, though.

Back to the topic, I'm really confused over the release date since I keep hearing rumors from all kinds of sources. Hopefully the release will be sometime around March and not April, though.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • I never understood why Pokemon games are always released on Sundays, much like movies are always released in theatres on Fridays and on DVD on Tuesdays, I don't know what's wrong with releasing them on those days though, but it will be on any Sunday between February 6th and March 27th, that's if Cartoon Network does not screw up the anime schedule.....
    wtf in europe they're ALWAYS released at a Friday?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Just for the record, I would not believe anything a gamestore tells you about dates until Nintendo come out and say it themselves. Quite often they disagree with each other and they all turn out to be wrong anyways - they don't know themselves so they just give a random date. Happens with every Pokemon game (never mine other games out there).

Also of note is that they don't just translate the game (which takes more than just changing the script in fact) - they also go through bug/error testing, and the game has to go through game rating companies and whatnot (see Platinum/HGSS's Game Corner debarcle). You could say it also comes out in Europe later as there's more for it to go through (multiple languages, etc).

Back