• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I guessed a March release too, what do I win? :]

Earlier than I expected within the month, but who's complaining, right? An official release date for the US...it's about time!

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    march 6th is a great release date, just got told by one of my buddies, and then went to gamestop.com and checked. Soooo pumped!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    OMG OMG OMG!!!! March 6th That's SWEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!
    Nintendo is getting a little faster in releasing Pokémon games (DP sometime in April, Pt March 23rd, HGSS March 14)
    Love this release date!!! THANK YOU NINTENDO!!!!
    Gonna play SS till then ;)

The Red Chain

I'm ecstatic to hear that the release date is this early! That's freaking amazing!
    That is probably the earliest release date I've ever heard of for English releases.

Hehehe, all my friends are gonna be so happy to hear this! I may actually be able to get the English release on the week it's out since it's that early.
    Yay for tax time! :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    OMG OMG OMG!!!! March 6th That's SWEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!
    Nintendo is getting a little faster in releasing Pokémon games (DP sometime in April, Pt March 23rd, HGSS March 14)
    Love this release date!!! THANK YOU NINTENDO!!!!
    Gonna play SS till then ;)
    Yeah if this patter continues than we can expect the third version or RS remakes to come out in February of 2011/12 ;)
    I'm going to be busy finishing off my Pt and Ss Nat dex's in the mean time :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    If Europe's release date is somewhere along the lines of May/June (which I highly doubt) then I'll pre-order from US but if it's March 4th or sometime during March then i'll be buying it on the exact date! :D

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Feels like some sort of belated Christmas present. I'm hoping the UK release will hover around this date. Also, didn't the US get HG & SS before Europe? If it was like that, then maybe that'll happen for Black & White?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I would not put much stock in the March 4th for Europe speculation - it is plausible but not terribly likely, seeing Europe is traditionally after the US with most games and including Pokemon, and have more to 'do' with Black/White as well (more languages to translate in, etc). The March 4th/6th dates mentioned by that calendar for instance might have been merely two possible dates for the US release instead of a Europe/US thing, and they just went with the 6th - no way we can tell until Nintendo reveal the date.

Isn't there a specific day of the week that video games get released on though? At least where I live it's always a Friday. (Ireland, and probably the uk too) So I don't think your theory works out...

If they wanted to aim for as simultaneous a release as possible then March 4th seems plausible. It might be a cliche, but there really is a first time for everything.

Somehow I can't believe that they would put two possible release dates on an official calender....just seems confusing and unprofessional.

If the March 4th date isn't the europeon release day though, I can't see us waiting any longer than April for the game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So it will be releashed 2 months after in Europe?

...we don't know yet, but I highly doubt 2 months later.

Anyway, I think that because it's based on NY, they'll make the US wait longer, with Australia getting the games first! wishing...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    This? This is pretty much a big YES for me! You know, early release dates make me giddy. Being able to hold it earlier is a blessing!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    If March 4th is the European release date, I can drag someone into Newcastle the day after and get it.~ Kinda weird if we do get it before North America though. Especially considering the region is based there this time. o_o

Drag me, I live near Newcastle! :|

I hope they did what HG/SS did and release it 1-2 weeks after. Or before... but that would never happen.

I pre-ordered mine already so I'm not bothered, hopefully I can get mine a lil' bit earlier, and rub it in everyone's faces >:D

Back