• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Europe gets it before USA does? Moahaha, win. :3 Not often that happens, or so I've gotten the impression of.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    the Netherlands had... o_0 I needed to wait a ****ing week before I got it (again) so I got it on April 2nd

Swearing is bad. You can get your point across without swearing and it's very obvious, too...

Anyway, that would be somewhat ironic, if Europe did get a lot of glitches and everyone had to re-purchase the games at the only time where they got a game first. Though I do think that's veeeery unlikely if it happens to another country again and there should be no issues. :)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Swearing is bad. You can get your point across without swearing and it's very obvious, too...

Anyway, that would be somewhat ironic, if Europe did get a lot of glitches and everyone had to re-purchase the games at the only time where they got a game first. Though I do think that's veeeery unlikely if it happens to another country again and there should be no issues. :)
    It would be funny if someone gets their long-anticipated Pokemon White and it freezes. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It would be funny if someone gets their long-anticipated Pokemon White and it freezes. XD

Well, at least they should retain the receipt.

But, I belive that Game Freak have learn from their mistakes and won't do something like this again.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • So... it seems the release date for Pokémon Black and Pokémon White in Australia has been revealed to be released on March 10th. Like always... we tend to get it pretty late. But oh... there's one problem:

Nintendo has gone back into region locking. Ohhhh nooooooo! D:

Which means... Australia will be getting the PAL version of it, so we'll be getting the same version as what the UK gets it. It's too bad that us Australians will have to put up with name changes in the future (including 3DS games). I suppose they did it so that it would prevent the Nintendo companies in other countries from losing money.

Australia always got the American version of Nintendo DS games. Even for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Which means... the game code for Pokémon Black will be "IRBP" in UK and Australia, as for America will get it as "IRBE". As for Pokémon White will be "IRAP" in UK and Australia, and in America will be "IRAE".

Incase you didn't know... P stands for PAL, and E stands for English. So yeah... Australia gets the PAL version of Pokémon Black and Pokémon White.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, What was the glitch in the Netherlands HG/SS? and I hope there isn't a glitch in the European Black & White because I don't want the date to get set back, I doubt it will and I'm sure they'll run tests and prepare it all before they release it and make sure that it's playable without any glitches.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Yeah, What was the glitch in the Netherlands HG/SS? and I hope there isn't a glitch in the European Black & White because I don't want the date to get set back, I doubt it will and I'm sure they'll run tests and prepare it all before they release it and make sure that it's playable without any glitches.

After an hour of playing it freezed, and if you tried to restart it your ds wouldn't see the game. And yeah, if the European versions of the game have that glitch again, I'd be so angry at Nintendo for making the same fault again. btw, nice team! When the games are released give me your fc! I'll do that, too :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • After an hour of playing it freezed, and if you tried to restart it your ds wouldn't see the game. And yeah, if the European versions of the game have that glitch again, I'd be so angry at Nintendo for making the same fault again. btw, nice team! When the games are released give me your fc! I'll do that, too :P

Yeah, youve got a good team aswell, I still don't know wheather that's my official team or not though, I might replace someone for Swanna. Also, yeah, I'll give you my FC when I get White :) and like I said, I'm sure they know better now because it would be really irritating if they set it back, I want this to be the first time we get a game before America & Australia.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • There better not be a glitch present in the North American release. I'm already waiting potentially for a week after the official release, due to pre-ordering online, and it would be pretty annoying if they find a glitch and have to recall the games.
    I hope you didn't jinx it by saying that :(
    I've never bought a game that needed to be recalled before...
    The days are going by fast now...before we know it we will arrive at March 6th 0_0...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I kinda wished it would be released on Sat.
    On monday, I would be so anxoius at school.... ._.

I think Friday's perfect really, It's at the end of the week and gives you the whole weekend.

I hope you didn't jinx it by saying that :(
    I've never bought a game that needed to be recalled before...
    The days are going by fast now...before we know it we will arrive at March 6th 0_0...

I know, It's only 44 days now (for Europe), I remember it being 52 days and thats 8 days now but only feels like 3/4, at this rate we'll have the game in no time, but then come late Febuary it will feel like forever D;

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • I think Friday's perfect really, It's at the end of the week and gives you the whole weekend.

I think this friday is perfect, because that's the first day of my holiday ;) Plus from 5th march on I'll be skiing so if they would have released it one day later I couldn't get it for a whole week :@

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think this friday is perfect, because that's the first day of my holiday ;) Plus from 5th march on I'll be skiing so if they would have released it one day later I couldn't get it for a whole week :@

Yeah, That's lucky, lets just hope it dosen't get set back :nervous:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wait, the games release on a Friday? I never even knew that~! Hopefully I don't get buried in work by that time so I'll have time to play it. ._.; Whoever planned the release date has such perfect timing. xDD So close to the weekend so the fans could immediately start playing B/W when they first get their hands on it.

Honestly, I think as soon as March 4th comes, March 5th and March 10th will fly by really quickly. The release dates, in all honestly, aren't too far away from each other, so not even the Europeans would have to wait too long after the US Release date to get the games.

...Ummm. The games aren't releasing on Friday for you, it's March 6th not 5th and the Europeans get the games before America, so... XD;

I'm still disappointed in March 10th, even though it's not exactly a week, it's still a long time to me after everyone else gets it. :(

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • As with all popular games there will be a inevetiable leak and dump of the game before the release date.

Makes me love my flashcard.

(Now would be a good time for someone to post that 'you are a pirate' flash thing)

Back