• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Entei, Raikou, Suicune... Legendary Dogs, or Cats?

Legendary... Dogs or Cats?

• Legendary Dogs

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Legendary Cats

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Personally, I think they're dogs because they're even called that in the anime and in the game.

but I've heard the argument that Entei is a lion and Raikou is a tiger? And that they're cats, not dogs.

So what do you all think?

Edit: And do be honest, I don't like the term "legendary beast" because it seems like you're just being vague so everyone who disagrees will be forced to agree because it's too vague to differentiate. I don't like neutral options just so everyone gets along. There's a right, and there's wrong. Sorry, I'm getting way too into this. XD I've got a habit of taking things too seriously and serious things not seriously enough.

Um... yeah. For the record, I'm not saying I'm right, I just think I'm right. And I want a public opinion. 8D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lets just say a fusion of both but here is my interpretaion.

Entei - Lion
    Raikou - Tiger
    Suicune - Panther or Wolf

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Entei is based on a lion.
    Raikou is based on a saber tooth tiger.
    Suicune is based on a cheetah.

That's what I believe. I think that they are too lithe and cat like to be considered dogs. Also, Bulbapedia supports this (in each respective Pokemon's Pokedex page, scroll down, and it says what they are based on).

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I always prefer to call them 'Legendary Beasts'. Its, honestly, my opinion and it is not affected by anything that anybody says. I never come under anybody's influence for my answer. xP But I think that they look like tiger or lion much more than they resemble cat/dog. So, I don't call them either dogs or cats. They are just legendary beasts for me.

Edit: And do be honest, I don't like the term "legendary beast" because it seems like you're just being vague so everyone who disagrees will be forced to agree because it's too vague to differentiate. I don't like neutral options just so everyone gets along. There's a right, and there's wrong. Sorry, I'm getting way too into this. XD I've got a habit of taking things too seriously and serious things not seriously enough.

EDIT: If you don't like the term 'beasts' then I'll have to personify them into some animal I guess. xD

Entei: Lion
    Suicune: Something like a tiger but has a really different face that makes it really hard to compare it with an animal. @_@
    Raikou: It clearly closely resembles a saber tooth.

NOTE: These are entirely my opinion.

Last edited:

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I call them the legendary dogs, not sure why since I think they look more cat like.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years

Hmm... this discussion looks very familiar.

That is all.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Beast is the appropriate name, for they're combination(or so) of animals. You may not like the term, but the name's already stuck. And I never considered them a real "cat" or "dog".

Entei: Lion(or a combo of one and a mastiff).
    Suicune: A wolf and a cheetah.
    Raikou: Obvious? Sabre toothed tiger.

Last edited:

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
    Hey guys..Anyone? Uhmm..Can we please get out of the beasts subject please?
    This thread says 'Legendary Dogs, or Cats' So lets try to stay in this subject?
    We are pretty much getting out of the subject so lets try to stay the 'Legendary Dogs, or Cats?' subject ok?
    Uhmmm..For me i consider those 3 legendarys as a dog because they are huge compared to a cat.
    I mean they are so big that they can even stomp and kill/murder cat.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Hey guys..Anyone? Uhmm..Can we please get out of the beasts subject please?
    This thread says 'Legendary Dogs, or Cats?' So lets try to stay in this subject,We are pretty much getting out of the subject so lets try to stay the 'Legendary Dogs, or Cats?' subject ok?
    Uhmmm..For me i consider those 3 legendarys as a dog because they are huge compared to a cat.
    I mean they are so big that they can even stop a cat.
    Calling them beasts don't make us offtopic....

The thread maker(Darverses) is just asking us about our opinions. He hasn't restricted us to only Dogs and Cats(I agree that it actually makes one think that he has restricted us to dogs/cats after reading the title. But you'll understand everything after you read the first post a little more carefully). So, its entirely our opinion if we don't call them as cats or dogs and call them as tiger/lion instead. xP

I still think that the term 'Beasts' is the most appropriate to them. D=

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Suicune is pretty canine like in appearence, look closely at the length of it's muzzle, felines do not have long muzzles, also, te Legendary Beasts (as I call them), are based off a Japaneese mythical creather called the shishi, or fu-dog or lion dog as some people call it, so they are a mix of both canine and feline....

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Nayy, they're Legendaries Gerbils.
    But to stays on topic, more to dogs for me, but I'd rather call them the beasts.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I always hear them referred to as dogs, but yea I think they definitely look more like cats. At least, Raikou and Entei do. Suicune is harder to choose a cat that it looks like. I guess it sorta looks like a cheetah or panther, but not as much as Raikou looks like a tiger or Entei looks like a lion.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Yes... yes you do fail on that!
    Cheetahs are fast, suicune is fast, there body shape are similer aswell...

That's like the only similarity, and it looks less like a cheetah (well, it barely looks like a cheetah IMO) than Entei\Raikou look like Sabre-toothed tigers\lions. :\

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Are you going to post that image on every Pokemon General thread?! >_>

Also, I fail to see how Suicune is based on a Cheetah. :S

I loled at the predicament. :cheeky:

As I've said, Suicune maybe a based on 2 beasts. Wolves and Cheetahs. Wolves by the looks(facial), and cheetah by their body build.

Ayselipera

Hahahaha :) It still makes me laugh.

Anyways, when they first came out I remember that they were referred to as dogs. I'm pretty sure they were referred as dogs even in the game guides or whatever they're called. Still, they look like cats to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back