• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Errors with a game

Years
    So I recently installed KotOR 2: The Sith Lords on my computer, and when I looked at the data report everything passed except for one thing, which was a warning. It let me continue on to the game, and I created my character. But every time I start the game my computer says "Knights of the Old Republic has stopped working properly" and then later on tells me that it "can't find a solution to the problem" and I think it has to do with the warning. I need your guys's help, here's the data report:

Video • Warning RDPDD Chained DD 1024MB
    Graphics Recommended: ATI Radeon 9200 or better
    NVidia GeForce4 Ti or better (128 MB VRAM)

Not sure what this all means that's what it told me though and I'm hoping you guys could help me out. Thanks in advance

John-117

Jirachi lover
    Years
    What graphic card do you have? It might be your graphic card is not powerful enough to run the game. Graphic card is a device that load image to your screen. Better graphic card make your screen beautiful.

John-117

Jirachi lover
    Years
    Yup. Thats not powerful enough to play the game. Are you using a laptop? then you can't do anything but buying a new one. if you are using a desktop, you can upgrade your graphic card. Ask some friends who know about computer hardware to help you.

Years
    Officially, it's not powerful enough to play it. The video is integrated into the motherboard, and some games refuse to work with integrated video cards, even if the video card is stealing a considerable amount of the system RAM.

Years
    If you can, try this. It's not guaranteed to work, but it could.

Code:
    Click Start » Settings » Control Panel » Display » Settings » Advanced » Intel Extreme Graphics (or Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator) » Graphics Properties...
    Click the OpenGL tab.
    Select Blit as the Flipping Policy.

At the end of the day, you're not going to get great performance from an Intel GPU.

Years
    Okay guys, I have another problem. There's another computer in my house, a desktop, and I tried installing it on the computer and I keep getting this message:
    Feature Transfer error
    Feature: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords_File
    Component: DefaultComponent
    File: D: \data2.cab
    Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

What does this mean?

Years
    If you guys are still willing to help, I'm having another problem with the desktop, I found a clean disc and it installed, but it's giving me a message like originally posted at the top. It says something different though and I'm still confused. Like I said, it's on my desktop this time.

It says:

• Warning Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 128MB
    Graphics Recommended: ATI Radeon 9200 9r better, NVidia GeForce4 Ti or better [128 MB VRAM]

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Your GPU isn't powerful enough to run the game.

So if you want to play the game, you'll need to upgrade the video.

Years
    If you guys are still willing to help, I'm having another problem with the desktop, I found a clean disc and it installed, but it's giving me a message like originally posted at the top. It says something different though and I'm still confused. Like I said, it's on my desktop this time.

It says:

• Warning Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 128MB
    Graphics Recommended: ATI Radeon 9200 9r better, NVidia GeForce4 Ti or better [128 MB VRAM]

You could try the solution that Archer had suggested for the first problem, but you still aren't going to get good performance out of it even if it does work.

Years
    Then you probably won't be able to play it. Your best bet, without getting a new computer entirely, is to get a video card that will work in your computer. What is your computer model?

I meant I couldn't find it as in... I couldn't find settings in the start menu

Years
    It should be the same thing in XP, but I don't have access to an XP machine right now. That and it varies from XP install to XP install depending on how the preferences have been messed with.

Well I did what he suggested, I found all the buttons and I switched it to Blit Flipping Policy, and it still isn't working. ):

Back