• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
  • I might not have worded it very well, but I gave Octolock to a wild Pokemon to try it out, it used the move on me, and I was still able to switch out and run away, and I was the one the move was used on.

Inside 'def pbCanRun?(idxPokemon)' change the old code to this new one:
    Code:
    return false if thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::OctolockUser]>=0

Do the same in 'def pbCanSwitch?(idxPokemon,pkmnidxTo,showMessages,ignoremeanlook=false)':
    Code:
        if thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::OctolockUser]>=0
          pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} can't be switched out!",thispkmn.pbThis)) if showMessages
          return false
        end

Edited the main post.

P.S: But I still need more details like the official phrases when the player tries to switch the pokémon; while double battle if the player can flee (while wild battle) if some of their pokémons are "Octolocked".

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Exp. Candies:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• [Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)
      item764.png
      571 bytes · Views: 423
      item765.png
      764 bytes · Views: 419
      item766.png
      773 bytes · Views: 418
      item767.png
      807 bytes · Views: 420
      item768.png
      949 bytes · Views: 416
    Last edited:
    Years
  • The "problem" with the Lvl up moves is correct now. But, for me the candies are not giving the correspondent exp points. Here is an example: Bulbasaur lv10 = 182 exp points to lv11, if i give him a CANDY XS = 100xp, it will go to lv20, if i use another one it will go to lv40. But if it needs only 182 exp to lv up, it will needs 2x CANDY XS = 200xp to lv up to lv11, instead of going to lv20 or lv40 if i give him 2.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • For Candies' code, change 'pokemon.level+=newLvl' to 'pokemon.level=newLvl'.

Fixed the main post.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • To add GEN VIII recalc speed (to each turn instead round), inside 'def pbPriority(ignorequickclaw=false,log=false)', comment out '#return @priority if @usepriority # use stored priority if round isn't over yet'.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    Do I have to undo the changes you told me to do on discord?
    Or do i keep them too + this new change?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Milcery's evo method (Credits to FL, Nuri Yuri and WolfPP if used):
    [Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)

I made this at night (8:53pm)

Spoiler:

How to evolve:
    The player needs to pressing and holding L Button (or "A", "Q" and "Page Up" buttoms. Look inside 'PSystem_Controls' to check the buttoms) and spin around (360o) at least 4 times ('trigo_wise_spin_turns>=16 || clock_wise_spin_turns>=16') and then press out the L Buttom (IDK the correctly word for it, sorry LOL); else, we included the times (5 and 10 seconds and press out case included).

The script uses game Variable 28. Change it if you want to!

Enjoy it!

For some reason, my Pokemon can't hold the sweet items. I had to use itemtype 14 because 13 is used by Z-crystals for me, and I changed the item.txt to be 14 for the sweets. When I added the item to my bag, it looked like in the picture. If I change the itemtype to 0 like a normal held item, the evolution doesn't occur. Is there something else I need to change for itemtype 14 to make a Pokemon able to hold the sweets that I didn't already do?

Attachments

Capture.PNG
      32.3 KB · Views: 18
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Mimicry:
    Spoiler:

As I'm looking at this code, it seems like there are a few problems. According to Bulbapedia: "When terrain ends, the Pokémon reverts back to its original typing. Mimicry will activate after the Pokémon with Mimicry is switched in, or whenever there is a change in terrain; changing the Pokémon's type by other means (such as via Soak) will not cause Mimicry to activate and override that type change."

First of all, it seems that since you paste the code to check for type change above '# Uproar', that this makes it activate at the end of each turn, when it's only supposed to activate upon switching terrains and switching into battle (it looks like you forgot to make it activate in both of these instances).

Also, it seems like you make Mimicry activate when Soak or Magic Powder is used when Bulbapedia specifically says that Mimicry does not activate in these situations (Soak/Magic Powder will override the type change from Mimicry). However, even if it was supposed to activate here, I think you forgot these parentheses in bold because then using Soak would always cause the type change even if the target doesn't have Mimicry (I believe Ruby prioritizes && over ||):
    (isConst?(thismove.id,PBMoves,:SOAK) || isConst?(thismove.id,PBMoves,:MAGICPOWDER)) &&
    target.hasWorkingAbility(:MIMICRY) && !target.fainted?

I think I've made it so it works as I described, but I pretty much completely redid the code, so I'll say how to implement it (I also made it work with Pokemon other than Ground/Steel typing):
    Spoiler:

I hope this helps!

Anyway, thanks for all these scripts! They are saving me a lot of work.

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • About Milcery's evo method: If the player use a Rare Candy on it, it'll evolves. To fix it go to Milcery's evo script and inside 'if evolution!=nil':
    Spoiler:

Updated Dragon Darts, to hit user's ally twice if the player chose its ally as a target:
    Spoiler:

Edited their main post.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • For some reason, my Pokemon can't hold the sweet items. I had to use itemtype 14 because 13 is used by Z-crystals for me, and I changed the item.txt to be 14 for the sweets. When I added the item to my bag, it looked like in the picture. If I change the itemtype to 0 like a normal held item, the evolution doesn't occur. Is there something else I need to change for itemtype 14 to make a Pokemon able to hold the sweets that I didn't already do?

Perhaps here? '-' Change it to 14:
    Code:
    def pbIsSweet?(item)   # Milcery's evolution method
      return $ItemData[item] && $ItemData[item][ITEMTYPE]==13
    end

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Perhaps here? '-' Change it to 14:
    Code:
    def pbIsSweet?(item)   # Milcery's evolution method
      return $ItemData[item] && $ItemData[item][ITEMTYPE]==13
    end

Thanks. It actually seems that I had both 13 & 14 for z-crystals and didn't notice that 14 was already used. When I changed everything to 15, it works perfectly. Good work with this evolution; it's an excellent script!

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Urshifu's ability and move:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

icon891.png
      1.1 KB · Views: 608
      icon892.png
      1.6 KB · Views: 595
      icon892_1.png
      1.7 KB · Views: 596

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024

Burning Jealousy

- Go to PBEffects and paste this under # These effects apply to a battler
    Code:
    BurningJelousy     = xxx # (The last number it is such as 136)
    - In PokeBattle_Battler, find @effects[PBEffects::Illusion] = nil and paste before the following code:
    Code:
        @effects[PBEffects::BurningJelousy]   = false
    - In PokeBattle_Move, find @Battlers.effects[PBEffects::Flinch]=false and paste before or after the following code:
    Code:
           @battlers[i].effects[PBEffects::BurningJelousy] = false
    - In PokeBattle_BatterEffects, inside def pbIncreaseStatWithCause and def pbIncreaseStat, before return true paste before the following code on both defs:
    Code:
             @effects[PBEffects::BurningJelousy] = true
    - Last but not least, in PokeBattle_MoveEffects, paste after any function code the following (Replace XXX) with your desired function code:
    Spoiler:

You have successfully implemented the move

Last edited:

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024

Lash Out

- Go to PBEffects and paste this under # These effects apply to a battler
    Code:
    LashOut     = xxx # (The last number it is such as 136)
    - In PokeBattle_Battler, find @effects[PBEffects::Illusion] = nil[/I} and paste before the following code:
    Code:
        @effects[PBEffects::LashOut]   = false
    - In PokeBattle_Move, find @Battlers.effects[PBEffects::Flinch]=false and paste before or after the following code:
    Code:
           @battlers[i].effects[PBEffects::LashOut] = false
    - In PokeBattle_BatterEffects, inside def pbReduceStatWithCause and def pbReduceStat, before return true paste before the following code on both defs:
    Code:
             @effects[PBEffects::LashOut] = true
    - Last but not least, in PokeBattle_MoveEffects, paste after any function code the following (Replace XXX) with your desired function code:
    Spoiler:

You have successfully implemented the move

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    EDIT 02/22:
    My Ice Scales was added in the same place than Heat Proof:
    In 'PokeBattle_Move', find Heat Proof's code and paste inside 'if !attacker.hasMoldBreaker', like:
    Spoiler:

Just as a reminder, this ability doesn't work with moves like Psyshock, Psystrike and Secret Sword, so it should be modified like this:
    Code:
          if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:ICESCALE) && pbIsSpecial?(type) && !@function==0x122
            damagemult=(damagemult*0.5).round
          end

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024

Coaching

In PokeBattle_MoveEffects, paste below any other function code this code:
    Spoiler:

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years