• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Eurovision Song Contest PC Event 2024!

Years

Welcome to the PokéCommunity
Eurovision Song Contest Event 2024!

Here we go again... It's time for the 68th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest!

Don't let the name fool you, the ESC is the world's largest song competition with entries ranging from Austria all the way to Australia!

This year's event will be hosted in Malmö, Sweden, following Loreen's 2023 victory with her song Tattoo.

37 countries will compete once again this year, but there has still been some changes to the lineup: Romania has declined to compete in 2024, while 5 times champions Luxembourg make their highly anticipated return after an absence of 31 years.

The 2024 contest will feature two semi-finals this year, held on the 7th and 9th of May. The grand final will take place on the 11th of May. All three live shows will be presented by two time host Petra Mede, alongside actress Malin Åkerman. The whole world is once again able to vote in 2024.

Eurovision was originally created to foster love, peace, and understanding between people from different cultures, and without borders. To celebrate this, we will assign each poster a random participating country to adopt for the duration of the event, to bring us all closer together! Simply post anything in this thread, and I'll assign you a country!

No matter what part of the world you're from, feel free to show love towards your fellow humans by displaying your assigned country somewhere in your profile or signature (not compulsory of course!)

We would love you to join in the fun and tell us your favourite songs (in order and no more than 10 please) from the 37 entries in the following post. The song with the most points at the end of the ESC event will be crowned the PokéCommunity Eurovision Champion!

Lord of the Lost took the title of PC Eurovision Champion back to Germany last year with their song Blood & Glitter. We look forward to seeing who comes out on top this year!

We will also be hosting our annual ESC event quiz where you can battle it out against your fellow forum members. None of the questions are directly Eurovision related so don't worry if you've never seen it before. You will have to be on top form though to beat our two time reigning quiz champions Mewtwolover & Devalue!!!

***You can find this year's quiz in the THIRD post***

You are welcome to chat about anything Eurovision related in this thread, and please remember to vote once you've heard all the songs and have whittled your list down to no more than 10!

You have until Mon 13th May at 10:59 PM (UTC) / 11:59pm (BST) to submit your answers for any or all of the quiz events. You also have until then to submit or tweak your top 10 ESC songs of 2024 if you would like to. The results of our ESC poll, as well as the quiz results, will be posted soon after!

If you have any questions, then please don't hesitate to contact me!

Last edited:
Years

Welcome to our
Eurovision 2024 Player!

Simply click on a country name to view their entry!

You can also hover (click on mobile) over "Song Info" & "Lyrics" for more information such as English lyrics, artist pronouns, running order and facts about the participating country!

• Click a country name above to get started!

Purple song title means they have pre-qualified for the final and don't need to compete in the semi-finals this year

• Besa - Titan

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 2nd (SF2) Country Appearances: 19 (11 finals) First participation: 2004 Best Result: 5th (2012) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: We stand eye to eye You try and set a fire Just to watch me burn It's like you don't know That I will survive Learned how to stay alive Come and throw your flames Cause it's all in vain Even if I fall, I'm gon' get up I'll be standing tall, proud, with my head up Go ahead and give your best shot I won't go down I'll never break Like a titan I'll be brave Tonight I'll rise I won't give up Fight 'til the end Every tear's gonna ricochet I rise Rise I'm a titan in disguise I bet you thought that I would crumble, but I won't You thought I wouldn't make it out here on my own You thought you'd see me broken, I'm going strong Still going strong Got an armor round my heart, it's unbreakable Got my feet on the ground, I'm unshakable And if you think I won't survive, then you're so wrong You're so wrong I won't go down I'll never break Like a titan I'll be brave Tonight I'll rise I won't give up Fight 'til the end Every tear's gonna ricochet I rise Rise I'm a titan in disguise I won't go down I'll never break Like a titan I'll be brave Tonight I'll rise I won't give up Fight 'til the end Every tear's gonna ricochet I rise Rise I'm a titаn in disguiѕe

• Ladaniva - Jako

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 8th (SF2) Country Appearances: 15 (12 finals) First participation: 2006 Best Result: 4th (2008, 2014) Artist pronouns: Jaklin Baghdasaryan (She/Her); Louis Thomas (He/Him)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: La la la… They tell me: "Jako, be humble Don't talk too much Don't stay too quiet Wear this, open this, close that Behave like a girl!" But I am a free girl So I will dance and you will watch La la la… Come, come, come and join me No matter what they ѕay We will forget about the time again Come on, come on, come on my dear Get up and dance La la lа…

• Electric Fields - One Milkali (One Blood)

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 13th (SF1) Country Appearances: 8 (7 finals) First participation: 2015 Best Result: 2nd (2016) Artist pronouns: Michael Ross (He/Him); Zaachariaha Fielding (She/Her & He/Him)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: I stand in the eye of the spiral One of them billion-iIlions, billion-iIlions My soul slips away from its title One of them billion-iIlions And I descend to the centre of the earth I may be dreaming But the atoms are awake Spill the tea on reality And the 0.618 What ya gonna do in the real world Mickey? What ya gonna do when you see? Blood (one blood) Blood Escape with us to the planets To the Fleetwood Macs and the Janets Blood la While entertaining the Gods One Blood la, blood la It's raining love One blood la, blood la We're on a gravitron As it tangles With them billion-iIlions Of our souls and Angels We kiss and matter dismantles To see we don't own the universe Feel the borders blur We belong to her I may be dreaming But the atoms are awake Spill the tea on reality And the 0.618 What ya gonna do in the real world Mickey? What ya gonna do when you see? Blood (one blood) Blood Escape with us to the planets To the Fleetwood Macs and the Janets Blood la While entertaining the Gods (One blood la, blood la) It's raining love (One blood la, blood la) While entertaining the Gods One blood la, blood la It's raining love One blood la, blood la Blood (one blood) Blood (one blood) Blood la One blood la It'ѕ raining love (Blood la, one blood la, blood la) One blood lа

• Kaleen - We Will Rave

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 13th (SF2) Country Appearances: 55 (48 finals) First participation: 1957 Best Result: 1st (1966, 2014) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Ice running through my veins You just did it again Go, 'cause I can't be your friend I'm cold, but this is not the end So I go, go, go Where the broken hearted go No one knows a thing about my haunted soul I go oh oh Wanna dance it off alone I won't let it show They will never know When the darkness hits, and we can't be saved We rum de dum dum da We will rave When our hearts are burning, we feel no pain We rum de dum dum da We will rave We rum de dum dum da We rum de dum dum da (we will rave) We rum de dum dum da (we will rave) (We will rave) (Rave, rave ra-a-a-a-a) We will rave I see only silhouettes I just wanna forget About everything we said And the demons in my head So I go, go, go Where the broken hearted go No one knows a thing about my haunted soul I go oh oh Wanna dance it off alone I won't let it show They will never know When the darkness hits, and we can't be saved We rum de dum dum da We will rave When our hearts are burning, we feel no pain We rum de dum dum da We will rave We rum de dum dum da (we will rave) We will rave We will rave (Rave, rave, rave) We will rave (Rave, rave, rave) We will rave When the darkness hits, and we can't be saved (can't be saved) We rum de dum dum da We will rave When our heartѕ are burning, we feel no pain We rum de dum dum da We will rave (we will) We rum de dum dum da We will rave (we will) We rum de dum dum da We will rave (oh-ooh) We rum de dum dum da We will rаve

• Fahree feat. Ilkin Dovlatov - Özünlə Apar

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 12th (SF1) Country Appearances: 15 (13 finals) First participation: 2008 Best Result: 1st (2011) Artist pronouns: FAHREE (He/Him); Ilkin Dovlatov (He/Him)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: I lived a life standing on my own Chaos inside and mysteries unsolved Only with you I feel How the burdens of my life just disappear Through all the lows and highs Love has guided me to gates of paradise Hold my heart in your hands Do you have what it takes? Hurricanes are roaming but you take away the pain Healing all the scars and breaking chains Come take me with you Even the sky is not wide enough for me Come take me with you Even the sky is not wide enough for me Hold my heart in your hands Do you have what it takes? Hurricanes are roaming but you take away the pain Healing all the scars and breaking chains Come take me with you Even the sky is not wide enough for me Come tаke me with you Even the sky iѕ not wide enough for me

• Mustii - Before the Party's Over

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 12th (SF2) Country Appearances: 64 (54 finals) First participation: 1956 Best Result: 1st (1986) Artist pronouns: He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: All we chase is shining in the moonlight Are we sure the kids are alright Or just playing it cool? Watch it fade, it's gonna hurt from time to time One more drink and I'll be fine You're the living proof Are you still playing the game Or breaking the rules? I can see all the pain In the way that you move Face-to-face, they told us it was paradise But I'll barely make it through the night Do you think about it too? Are you still playing the game Or breaking the rules? I can see all the pain In the way that you move In the way that you move I got a soul on fire I'm gonna make moves tonight I got a soul on fire I'm gonna raise roofs tonight I got a soul on fire I'm gonna make moves tonight I got a soul on fire Before the party's over (I got a soul on fire, I'm gonna make moves tonight) Before the party's over (I got a soul on fire, I'm gonna raise roofs tonight) Before the party's over (I got a soul on fire, I'm gonna make moves tonight) Before the party's over (I got a soul on fire, I'm gonna raise roofs tonight) Before the party's over (I got a soul on fire, I'm gonna make moves tonight) Before the party's over (I got a soul on fire, I'm gonna raise roofs tonight) Before the party's over (I got a soul on fire, I'm gonna make moves tonight) Before the party's over (I got a soul on fire, I'm gonna rаise roofѕ tonight)

• Baby Lasagna - Rim Tim Tagi Dim

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 7th (SF1) Country Appearances: 28 (19 finals) First participation: 1993 Best Result: 4th (1996, 1999) Artist pronouns: He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Ay, I'm a big boy now I'm ready to leave, ciao, mama, ciao Ay, I'm a big boy now I'm going away and I sold my cow Before I leave, I must confess I need a round of decompress One more time for all the good times Rim tim tagi digi dim tim tim Gonna miss you all but mostly the cat Gonna miss my hay, gonna miss my bed Most of all, I'ma miss the dance So come on y'all, let us prance Now don't call, don't write I'm leavin' with the first light Don't cry, but dance Rim tim tagi digi dim tim tim There's no going back My presence fades to black Yeah, there's no going back My anxiety attacks Rim tim tagi digi dim tim tagi digi I hope I find peace in the noise Wanna become one of them city boys They're all so pretty and so advanced Maybe they also know our dance Bye mom, bye dad Meow, cat, please meow back Don't cry, just dance Rim tim tagi digi dim tim tim There's no going back My presence fades to black Yeah, there's no going back My anxiety attacks Rim tim tagi digi dim tim tagi digi There's no going back My presence fades to black There's no going back My anxiety attacks Rim tim tagi digi dim tim tagi digi There's no going back My presence fades to black Yeah, there's no going back My anxiety attackѕ Rim tim tagi digi dim tim tаgi digi dim

• Silia Kapsis - Liar

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 1st (SF1) Country Appearances: 39 (32 finals) First participation: 1981 Best Result: 2nd (2018) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Waking up in the morning and I'm, I'm feeling like ooh-la-la It's about to go down 'cause I found out the truth, la-la Nine o'clock in the morning and I know this is our last night I know what I'm doing 'cause, yeah, I got it on black and white Should've known that you are a liar But I looked the other way Should've known you're a trouble maker But you act too nice to hate I knew we couldn't get much higher But you promised the world to me Do you see that you light my fire? Now I know what I know Because of you I'll make it through Take a look at yourself 'cause that's what you need to do, to do 'Cause the only problem in this room is about you, about you 'Cause you're a liar Liar, liar, liar Yeah, yeah, yeah You liar, liar, liar, liar Yeah, yeah, yeah Waking up in the morning and I'm, I'm feeling like ooh-la-la Now I know that your heart and your mind don't align, la-la I can see it in your eyes that you don't like to be this way I know that you're fighting back, guys like you can't be changed Should've known that you are a liar But I looked the other way Should've known you're a trouble maker But you act too nice to hate I knew we couldn't get much higher But you promised the world to me Do you see that you light my fire? Now I know what I know Because of you I'll make it through Take a look at yourself 'cause that's what you need to do, to do 'Cause the only problem in this room is about you, about you 'Cause you're a liar Yeah, yeah, yeah Yeah, yeah, yeah Because of you I'll make it through Take a look at yourself 'cause that's what you need to do, to do 'Cause the only problem in this room is about you, about you 'Cauѕe you're a liаr

• Aiko - Pedestal

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 5th (SF2) Country Appearances: 11 (5 finals) First participation: 2007 Best Result: 6th (2018) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Your sorry means nothing when everything else Stays the same, stays the same You stay silent, I get violent And everything else stays the same Pathetic and I'm over it You're so full of it, full of it I'll give all the love to me And then I'll truly be free, I'll truly be free And I, I, I, I need to learn to I, I, I, I need to learn to Put myself on a pedestal I will be loving me more, loving me (Put myself on a pedestal) I will be loving me more I finally learned not to force things And I love me more, love me more, love me more Love me more than you once did (Put myself on a pedestal) I will be loving me more (loving me more) Love of your life, just please don't ask For any action or any proof of the irony Where did my pride go? I feel no shame, but you should and now I know I, I, I, I need to learn to I, I, I, I need to learn to Put myself on a pedestal I will be loving me more, loving me (Put myself on a pedestal) I will be loving me more I finally learned not to force things And I love me more, love me more, love me more Love me more than you once did (Put myself on a pedestal) I will be loving me more (loving me more) I told you like a million times, why do you keep doing the ѕame thing? - I'm not doing it, I'm not doing it, I told you… You are! Stop, where аre you going? - I'm not doing it, I'm off I will be loving me more Loving me, loving me, loving me, loving me Loving me, loving me I will be loving me more Loving me more Loving me, loving me, loving me, loving me

• Saba - Sand

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 7th (SF2) Country Appearances: 51 (44 finals) First participation: 1957 Best Result: 1st (1963, 2000, 2013) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: (Uh uhh…) Yesterday is eating up my mind You and me we couldn't get it right We were throwing memories in the air Bits and pieces lying everywhere (Uh uhh…) Bits and pieces lying everywhere (Uh uhh…) Bits and pieces like we didn't care Shouldn't be so hard Like breathing under water Baby, we've been in the blue Didn't see it coming Falling into nothing Ain't there something we can do (Uh uhh…) I can feel you slipping through my hands (Uh uhh…) Guess we built a castle out of sand Yesterday I had you by my side Now we're just like strangers in the night Pictures of us lying on the floor No, I can't do this fighting anymore But it shouldn't be so hard Like breathing under water Baby, we've been in the blue Didn't see it coming Falling into nothing Ain't there something we can do (Uh uhh…) I can feel you slipping through my hands (Uh uhh…) Guess we built a castle out of sand Sand, sand I can feel you slipping through my hands Sand, sand Guess we built a castle out of sand Shouldn't be so hard Like breathing under water Shouldn't be so hard Like breathing under water Sand, sand I can feel you slipping through my hands Sand, sand Guess we built a castle out of ѕаnd

• 5miinust & Puuluup - (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 13th (SF2) Country Appearances: 28 (18 finals) First participation: 1994 Best Result: 1st (2001) Artist pronouns: 5MIINUST: korea (he/him); kohver (he/him); lancelot (he/him); päevakoer; Puuluup: Marko Veisson (he/him); Ramo Teder (he/him)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: We're not junkies, we haven't done anything The dresses we have on are dumpster-find TV show COPS and a police raid in the cottage The only bag here is full of deposit bottles We're not junkies, we haven't done anything The dresses we have on are dumpster-find TV show COPS and a police raid in the cottage A visit from men in uniform? That's totally ok (Uhh yeah) Listen to this now We gon' be done getting turnt You can hear us tonight But take this bag away I don't know drugs, I know soda and cider Couldn't tell the difference between vitamins and speed Listen to this now We gon' be done getting turnt You can hear us tonight But take this bag away Russulas and champignons, where are your threads? You turn on my body like a kitchen stove Ducklings are so small, but poppies are so tall We avoid intoxicating substances, that's something rich people do Present early in the morning, and crowing like roosters My candies were taken away by some sad-faced girls (Viiriana Vikka) Intoxicating substances we avoid cause we're not rich In the backroom of the hut, there are only IPAs on the table And the sunglasses are for eye pupils, well, actually for the laughs obviously You can see right through them if you've made it to the front row Shut up, I haven't done anything I have only been surrounded by this dance, yeah Shut up, I haven't seen anything I have only been surrounded by this dance, yeah Listen to this now We gon' be done getting turnt You can hear us tonight But take this bag away I don't know drugs, I know soda and cider Couldn't tell the difference between vitamins and speed Listen to this now We gon' be done getting turnt You can hear us tonight But take this bag away Russulas and champignons, where are your threads? You turn on my body like а kitchen ѕtove

• Windows95man - No Rules!

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 10th (SF1) Country Appearances: 56 (48 finals) First participation: 1961 Best Result: 1st (2006) Artist pronouns: Teemu Keisteri (He/Him);Henri Piispanen (He/Him)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Welcome My name is Windows, Windows95man And I only live by one rule And the rule is no rules (No rules) Silence, I say This is my time, my stage Call me what you may, see if I care, see me slay Is there something wrong with the way I look? Is there something wrong with who I am? If I'm not alright, tell me why do I feel so beautiful tonight No rules It's how I live, how I find the wind beneath my wings It's how I learn to fly (Let's go) No rules In the heat of the night, in the thrill of the fight I don't even care what's wrong or right It's how I live my life No rules Quiet as I speak I am the king, I am the queen And you all gonna be free Forget the rules and scream Is there something wrong with the way I look? Is there something wrong with who I am? If I'm not alright, tell me why do I feel so beautiful tonight (Move your body) No rules It's how I live, how I find the wind beneath my wings It's how I learn to fly (Come to me) No rules In the heat of the night, in the thrill of the fight I don't even care what's wrong or right It's how I live my life (No rules) It's how I live, how I find the wind beneath my wings It's how I learn to fly (Make some noise, let's go) In the heat of the night, in the thrill of the fight I don't even care what's wrong or right It's how I live my life No rules It's how I live, how I find the wind beneath my wings It's how I learn to fly (Come on) No rules In the heat of the night, in the thrill of the fight I don't even care whаt's wrong or right It's how I live my life No ruleѕ

• Slimane - Mon amour

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: N/A Country Appearances: 65 (65 finals) First participation: 1956 Best Result: 1st (1958, 1960, 1962, 1969, 1977) Artist pronouns: He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: My love Tell me what's on your mind If all of this makes sense Sorry if I disturb you My love Do you remember us? Our first meeting? It was beautiful, It was insane I love you I don't know why I play the scene again But its always the same ending that keeps repeating You don't hear anything What do we do about my pain? Do you love me or not? My love I'll do all that I can Create an ocean in the fire The impossible if you want me to Oh my love Please come back to Paris Do it for us, i am begging you I promise, I've learned my lesson I love you I don't know why I play the scene again But it's always the same ending that keeps repeating You don't hear anything What do we do about my pain? Do you love me or not? Tell me the place, I'll wait for you And if you don't come, I'll still wait for you I know it's silly, but that's what I'll do Filled with hope, I'll will wait for you I love you I don't know why I play the scene again But its always the same ending that keepѕ repeating You don't hear anything What do we do about my pаin? Do you love me? Do you love me? Do you love me? Do you love me? Or not?

• Nutsa Buzaladze - Firefighter

Song Info
    Final Draw: 19th 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 11th (SF2) Country Appearances: 15 (7 finals) First participation: 2007 Best Result: 9th (2010, 2011) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: I see it in the air I see it in the air I'm running through these ashes Like a firefighter Put out the fire, put out the fire Did we build empires, just to watch them burn? My heart's beating louder I'm running like tigers No fear in my eyes though I will save this love The ceiling is falling The windows are burning It's getting harder to breathe Can you hear me calling? I see ashes falling I'm down on my knees But I will save this love I see it in the air I see it in the air I'm rising from these ashes like a phoenix, yeah You know I'll be there You know that I'll be there I'm running through these ashes Like a firefighter Put out the fire (put out the fire) Put out the fire Put out the fire Put out the fire Put out the fire Come dance with the thunder 'Cause love makes us stronger We're not here forever So can we save this love? From lovers to fighters, oh why do we do this? We're meant to rise higher, and higher, and higher (The ceiling is falling) (The windows are burning) (It's getting harder to breathe) Can you hear me calling? I see ashes falling, falling, falling I see it in the air I see it in the air I'm rising from these ashes like a phoenix, yeah You know that I'll be there You know I'll be there I'll be there, I'll be there (I see it in the air) (I see it in the air) (I'm rising from these ashes like a phoenix, yeah) (You know I'll be there) (You know that I'll be there) (We're running through these ashes like a firefighter) I see it in the air I see it in the air We're rising from these ashes like a phoenix, yeah You know I'll be there (You know that I'll be there) Yeah… (We're rising from these asheѕ) Like а firefighter

• Isaak - Always on the Run

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: N/A Country Appearances: 66 (66 finals) First participation: 1956 Best Result: 1st (1982, 2010) Artist pronouns: He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: I am nothing but the average Even though I'm special to some I can't refuse I'm going under No one gives a … about what's soon to come What's soon to come I know my blessing with the privilege Of doing anything I want But I don't feel like getting stronger In my mind it's just a game that can't be won That can't be won I'm always on the run, run, run, run Close but never done, done, done, done I can't break out when I'm free Lost in my own identity I'm on the run, run, run, run I'm always on the Run na na eh, run na na eh Run na na eh, run na na eh Run na na eh, run na na eh Run na na eh, run na na eh All I do is keep my head up But it's time to keep the pace Like I'm haunted by the voices deep within Oh they're just never gonna fade Not gonna fade I'm always on the run, run, run, run Close but never done, done, done, done I can't break out when I'm free Lost in my own identity I'm on the run, run, run, run I'm always on the Run na na eh, run na na eh Run na na eh, run na na eh Run na na eh, run na na eh Run na na eh, run na na eh Run from the silence Screaming for guidance Who am I fighting for Get out of my head I'm so sick and tired Can't do this anymore Run from the silence Screaming for guidance Who am I fighting for Get out of my head I'm so sick and tired Can't do this anymore (Run na na eh, run na na eh) Run from the silence Screaming for guidance (Run na na eh, run na na eh) Who am I fighting for (Run na na eh, run na na eh) Get out of my head I'm so sick and tired (Run na na eh, run na na eh) Can't do this anymore (Run na na eh, run na na eh) Run from the silence Screaming for guidance (Run na na eh, run na na eh) Who am I fighting for (Run na na eh, run na na eh) Get out of my head I'm so sick and tired (Run na na eh, run na na eh) Can't do thiѕ аnymore

• Marina Satti - ZARI

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 3rd (SF2) Country Appearances: 43 (40 finals) First participation: 1974 Best Result: 1st (2005) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Ta ta ta… May pain not come to us I fall and move like dice I pretend to forget your name And everything changes around me abruptly Where will the wind take us? I fall and roll like dice I pretend to forget your scent And everything is changing around me I'm gonna do it my way I'll come in and out of your mind You never gave me a hand to hold Not even to hold myself I used to want you secretly Now I'm letting it all go Let's go Put your hands up Pretend it wasn't a lie Fall one last time And let whatever happens happen Ta ta ta… (Ta ta ta…) And let whatever happens happen (Ta ta ta…) And let whatever happens happen (Ta ta ta…) And let whatever happens happen (Ta ta ta…) Let whatever happens happen I don't want to remember The hours where I almost went crazy Let me not remember You didn't believe That karma was real Let's go Put your hands up Pretend it wasn't a lie Roll it one last time And let whatever happens happen Ta ta ta… Even if I stay alone I will always be waiting for you I'm trembling like a flame Like a lighted up match When the dawn comes I pine away I die alone if you are not here (Ta ta ta…) And let whatever happens happen (Ta ta ta…) Let whatever happens happen (Ta ta ta…) And let whatever happens happen (Ta ta ta…) Let whatever happens happen May pain not come to us I fall and move like dice I pretend to forget your name And everything changes around me abruptly Where will the wind take us? I fall and roll like dice I pretend to forget your scent And everything is changing around me abruptly (Ta ta ta…) And let whatever happens happen (Ta ta ta…) Let whatever happens happen And let whatever happens happen (Ta ta) And everything iѕ changing around me аbruptly

• Hera Björk - Scared of Heights

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 8th (SF1) Country Appearances: 35 (27 finals) First participation: 1986 Best Result: 2nd (1999, 2009) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: (I feel it coming) (I feel it coming) Look how far we made it Standing on the edge of a promise I'm not one to take risks Getting hurt taught me to be cautious Maybe we should leave this Cause what would be the use Of crashing into you We could end up in pieces Don't need another heart-shaped bruise I feel it coming Been here before and never got it right Baby I'm wondering If falling in love has got me scared of heights I know we're going sky high Going sky high But what if we forget how to fly Baby I'm wondering If falling in love has got me scared of heights Dive in with my heart first I'm still drowning in this rational fear Wish that I could unlearn I can't enjoy the view from up here Maybe we should leave this Cause what would be the use Of crashing into you We could end up in pieces Don't need another heart-shaped bruise I feel it coming Been here before and never got it right Baby I'm wondering If falling in love has got me scared of heights I know we're going sky high Going sky high But what if we forget how to fly Baby I'm wondering If falling in love has got me scared of heights (I feel it coming) (I feel it coming) I feel it coming Been here before and never got it right Baby I'm wondering If falling in love has got me scared of heights Oh I'm scared of heights Fell a couple times And I barely made it out alive Oh I'm scared of heights But the truth is I'm Still falling if I kiss you good-bye Baby I'm wondering If falling in love has got me scаred of heightѕ

• Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 4th (SF1) Country Appearances: 56 (45 finals) First participation: 1965 Best Result: 1st (1970, 1980, 1987, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996) Artist pronouns: They/Them/Fae
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Avada Kadavra, I speak to destroy The feelings I have I cannot avoid Through twisted tongues a hex deployed on you That all the pretties in your bed escape your hands and make you sad And all the things you wish you had, you lose I, I, I know you're living a lie I, I, I see the scars in your eyes I, I, I know you're living a lie I, I I guess you'd rather have a star than the moon I guess I always overestimate you Hoodoo all the things that you do I'm down, down in my doomsday blue I, I, I know you're living a lie I, I, I know you're living a lie Avada Kadavra, the thoughts in my head The places I touch when lying in bed The visions of you the words that you said, undo My heartbeat buried in the ground and to the strings I bind you're bound So when you sleep you'll hear my sound I, I, I know you're living a lie I, I, I see the scars in your eyes I, I, I know you're living a lie I, I I guess you'd rather have a star than the moon I guess I always overestimate you Hoodoo all the things that you do I'm down, down in my doomsday blue I guess you'd rather have a star than the moon I guess I always overestimate you Hoodoo all the things that you do I'm down, down in my doomsday blue For your romance I'd beg, steal and borrow It's draining me hollow, you You could slow dance me out of my sorrow But your favourite colour compared to the others is doom Doomsday blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Avada Kadavra, I speаk to deѕtroy

• Eden Golan - Hurricane

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 14th (SF2) Country Appearances: 45 (38 finals) First participation: 1973 Best Result: 1st (1978, 1979, 1998, 2018) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Writer of my symphony Play with me Look into my eyes and see People walk away but never say goodbye Someone stole the moon tonight Took my light Everything is black and white Who's the fool who told you boys don't cry? Hours and hours, empowers Life is no game but it's ours While the time goes wild Everyday I'm losing my mind Holding on in this mysterious ride Dancing in the storm I got nothing to hide Take it all and leave the world behind Baby promise me you'll hold me again I'm still broken from this hurricane This hurricane Living in a fantasy, ecstasy Everything is meant to be We shall pass but love will never die Hours and hours, empowers Life is no game but it's ours While the time goes wild Everyday I'm losing my mind Holding on in this mysterious ride Dancing in the storm I got nothing to hide Take it all and leave the world behind Baby promise me you'll hold me again I'm still broken from this hurricane This hurricane This hurricane Don't need big words Just prayers Even if it's hard to see You always leаve One ѕingle light

• Angelina Mango - La Noia

Song Info
    Final Draw: 9th 2024 Semi-Final Draw: N/A Country Appearances: 48 (48 finals) First participation: 1956 Best Result: 1st (1964, 1990, 2021) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: How many drawings have I done I'm sittin' here lookin' at them None come to life This page is lazy I'm in a rush And they told me that life is precious I wear it tall and head high My necklace has no pearls of wisdom They gave me colourful beads For the messed up girls with traumas To be slowly unravelled growing up Nevertheless I'm looking great with zero drama Maybe I'll move cities once again Cause staying still it comes to me It comes to me The Boredom The Boredom The Boredom The Boredom I die without dying During these wasted days I live without suffering There is no greater cross All we can do is have a laugh during these scorched nights A crown of thorns will be the dress code for my party It's the cumbia* of boredom It's the cumbia of boredom Total Ah, it's the cumbia of boredom The cumbia of boredom Total How many people see evil in things It makes me want to run away as they start talking And I would like to say that I'm fine but then they look at me and scorn So I say it's difficult to make a living Business you talk about business Meanwhile I close my eyes to sign contracts Princess he calls you princess So now stop washing the dishes I die without dying During these wasted days I live without suffering There is no greater cross All we can do is have a laugh during these scorched nights A crown of thorns will be the dress code for my party It's the cumbia of boredom It's the cumbia of boredom Total Ah, it's the cumbia of boredom It's the cumbia of boredom Total So do you write songs? Yes, love songs And I don't want to bore you But someone has to sing them Cumbia, I dance cumbia If I risk tripping at least I'll stop the boredom So I'm having a party, I'm having a party Because it's the only way to stop To stop To stop, ah The Boredom The Boredom The Boredom The Boredom I die without dying During these wasted days I live without suffering There is no greater cross All we can do is have a laugh during these scorched nights A crown of thorns Will be the dress code for my party It's the cumbia of boredom It's the cumbia of boredom Total Ah, it'ѕ the cumbia of boredom The cumbia of boredom Total Totаl * The cumbia is a dance from Colombia

• Dons - Hollow

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 9th (SF2) Country Appearances: 23 (10 finals) First participation: 2000 Best Result: 1st (2002) Artist pronouns: He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Don't look now You'll see me crying rivers I might drown Don't know how Oh will I ever find my own way out I don't wanna lose me so cruelly I'm drifting in and out of who I am So help me understand It's killing me slow Try to make me just another believer Everybody just pretending they're preachers, preachers It's killing me slow Yeah I'd rather let them dig my grave shallow Instead of selling out to something so hollow, hollow Not afraid Oh to tell you all my sins I can't escape No I won't change Woah it's like a bad disease that I can't shake I don't wanna lose me so cruelly I'm drifting in and out of who I am So help me understand It's killing me slow They try to make me just another believer Everybody just pretending they're preachers, preachers It's killing me slow Yeah I'd rather let them dig my grave shallow Instead of selling out to something so hollow, hollow (Never selling out to something so hollow) It's killing me slow Yeah I'd rather let them dig my grave shallow Insteаd of selling out to something ѕo hollow

• Silvester Belt - Luktelk

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 3rd (SF1) Country Appearances: 23 (16 finals) First participation: 1994 Best Result: 6th (2006) Artist pronouns: He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: One day has passed and then another As if, the time has stopped I'm going somewhere, then some place else And after it gets dark, it will all repeat again Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow I promise to love you tomorrow In the night, in the night, in the night You will find me in the night Am I still alive? Do you still recognise me? The sun isn't coming up Tell me, will you stay by my side? Wait up, wait up Just another minute Wait up, wait up Just another minute One night has passed, and then another But as always, I start over again Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow I promise to love you tomorrow Am I still alive? Do you still recognise me? The sun isn't coming up Tell me, will you stay by my side? Wait up, wait up Just another minute Wait up, wait up Just another minute We're standing in silence while the radio's playing I don't want to dance anymore, I don't want to dance anymore We're standing in silence while the radio's playing I don't want to dance, but I have to dance But I have to dance Wait up, wait up Just another minute Wait up, wait up Just another minute If you can, wait up, wait up Just another minute Wait up, wait up One more minute… Tell me, will you ѕtаy next to me

• TALI - Fighter

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 15th (SF1) Country Appearances: 37 (37 finals) First participation: 1956 Best Result: 1st (1961, 1965, 1972, 1973, 1983) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: You're not 20 anymore You don't have time To act like a child To just party You don't have money No momentum You're really Heading towards defeat And I hear in the distance, in the distance, in the distance This little voice, siren's song That tells me to come Go ahead, take my hand Come on, I'll take you That tells me softly Come, I will never let you down I know you're a fighter Hold in your heart the love around You know you're a fighter And I hear in the distance, in the distance, in the distance This little voice that repeats to me Where are you going? I admit I don't know I want everything and nothing at once I'll end up completely crazy And there you go You don't have the right To stay like this You have to make choices What's on your mind? Fight battles Believe in yourself The world is there Go conquer it And I hear in the distance, in the distance, in the distance This little voice, siren's song That tells me to come Go towards your destiny You must not slow down That tells me softly Come, I will never let you down I know you're a fighter Hold in your heart the love around You know you're a fighter And I hear in the distance, in the distance, in the distance This little voice that repeats to me Where are you going? I admit I don't know I want everything and nothing at once I'll end up completely crazy And there you go I admit I don't know I want everything and nothing at once I'll end up completely crazy And there you go Hear the sound of your dreams You are so near They are so near Look around Hear the sound of your dreams Not of your fears And just open up your heart Come, I will never let you down I know you're a fighter Hold in your heart the love around You know you're a fighter And I hear in the distance, in the distance, in the distance This little voice that repeatѕ to me Where are you going? I admit, I admit I don't know I want everything and nothing at once I'll end up completely crazy And there you go I admit, I admit I don't know I want everything and nothing at once I'll end up completely crаzy And there you go And there you go

• Sarah Bonnici - Loop

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 1st (SF2) Country Appearances: 35 (26 finals) First participation: 1971 Best Result: 2nd (2002, 2005) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Don't you know that you got me That you got me Yeah, me, yeah Got me so hot, burning up like a fever I'm a honeypot, never tasted nothing sweeter Thought you could turn me down, no, no, no Let's go another round, slow-oh-oh Don't you tell me I'm your addiction It was obvious you'd end up like this Oh my god, you got-got-got me on (loop) 'Cause I'm in, but the bla-bla-blame is on (you) Let me tease you, boy, you love it when I M-m-m-move, got you on loop In your head all night You got me on Got me on Got me on Loop Cherry on top, you're the cinnamon Making my heart skip a little bit Like ra-pa-pa-bam-ba, ra-pa-pa-bam-ba, yeah You know how to spin me, boy Don't you know you're my, my addiction It was obvious we'd end up like this Oh my god, you got-got-got me on (loop) 'Cause I'm in, but the bla-bla-blame is on (you) Let me tease you, boy, you love it when I M-m-m-move, got you on loop In your head all night You got me on Got me on Got me on Loop It was obvious, we're addicted, addicted Yeah, it was obvious Here we go again Oh my god, you got-got-got me on (loop) 'Cause I'm in, but the bla-bla-blame is on (you) Let me teaѕe you, boy, you love it when I M-m-m-move, got you on loop In your head аll night You got me on Got me on Got me on Loop

• Natalia Barbu - In The Middle

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 11th (SF1) Country Appearances: 18 (13 finals) First participation: 2005 Best Result: 3rd (2017) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Listen your voice inside your heart Right in the middle Open your mind just like a door Right in the middle Raise your wings don't be afraid of falling down All around the world is changing overnight I want you to be happy all of your life My beautiful angel a work of art You live for sunshine spread it around I know your heart is filled with love Tarara… I feel your love inside my heart Right in the middle Open your eyes it's like a door Right in the middle Raise your wings don't be afraid of falling down All around the world is changing overnight I want you to be happy all of your life My beautiful angel a work of art You live for sunshine spread it around I know your heart iѕ filled with love Tararа…

• Joost Klein - Europapa

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 16th (SF2) Country Appearances: 63 (53 finals) First participation: 1956 Best Result: 1st (1957, 1959, 1969, 1975, 2019) Artist pronouns: He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Europe, let's come together (Euro-pa-pa, Euro-pa-pa) It's now or never I love you all (Euro-pa-pa, Euro-pa-pa) Welcome to Europe Stay here until I die Euro-pa-pa, Euro-pa-pa Welcome to Europe Stay here until I die Euro-pa-pa, Euro-pa-pa Visit my friends in France Or take a long walk to Vienna I want to leave the Netherlands But my passport is gone Fortunately don't need a visa to be with you So take the bus to Poland or the train to Berlin I have no money for Paris so use my imagination Do you have a euro please? Say "merci" and "please" I lost everything except time So am travelling every day for the world is mine Welcome to Europe Stay here until I die Euro-pa-pa, Euro-pa-pa Welcome to Europe Stay here until I die Euro-pa-pa, Euro-pa-pa Euro-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa Euro-pa-pa-pa (hey) Euro-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa Eu-ro-pa (hey) I'm in Germany but I'm so alone I am in Italy but still I feel pain Am running from myself Calling for "help" all day long Yes I even give people money, but there is no one to help me I don't need es-car-gots, don't need fish 'n chips Don't need paella, no I don't even really know what that is Turn on the radio, I hear Stromae with "Papaoutai" Won't stop until they say, "Yes, yes, he does that very well ey!" Welcome to Europe Stay here until I die Euro-pa-pa, Euro-pa-pa Welcome to Europe Stay here until I die Euro-pa-pa, Euro-pa-pa Euro-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa Euro-pa-pa-pa (hey) Euro-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa Eu-ro-pa (hey) Euro-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa… Welcome to Europe, boy (Hey) Eu-ro-pa At the end of the day We are all human beings My father told me once that The world has no borders I miss you every day Is what I whisper to myself You see, dаd I did liѕten to you

• Gåte - Ulveham

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 15th (SF2) Country Appearances: 61 (58 finals) First participation: 1960 Best Result: 1st (1985, 1995, 2009) Artist pronouns: Gunnhild Sundli (She/Her); Magnus Børmark (He/Him); Jon Even Schärer (He/Him); Mats Paulsen (He/Him); John Stenersen (He/Him)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: I was a very fine and beautiful maiden With an evil stepmother. My mother had died She transformed me into a sword and a needle And sent me off to the King's estate The wrath of my stepmother grew When all the fine people loved me most … She gave me the hide of a grey wolf And forced me to go into the woods alone And I would never be whole and good Before I hаd drunk of my brother'ѕ blood

• LUNA - The Tower

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 6th (SF1) Country Appearances: 25 (16 finals) First participation: 1994 Best Result: 2nd (1994) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Looking for a miracle Waiting for a sun to catch me Gotta find a way back home Alone alone alone Hoping for a star to fall Something I can make a wish on Could it be that I'm the fool But aren't we all We all, we all Broken bodies Scattered through my history Lonely hours Leading to my destiny I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who holds the power So come on Rise up shout it louder I'm the one who built the tower Shining in a tiger's eyes Only I can find my future Reading in between the lines I draw my own My own, my own Running down the waterfall Always tried to chase the rainbow Never found a pot of gold Below below below Broken bodies Scattered through my history Lonely hours Leading to my destiny I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who holds the power So come on Rise up shout it louder I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who built the I'm the one who built the I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who built the I'm the one who built the I'm the one who built the tower Broken bodies Scattered through my history Lonely hours Leаding to my destiny I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who holds the power So come on Rise up shout it louder I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who built the I'm the one who built the I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who built the I'm the one who built the I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who built the tower I'm the one who holds the power So come on Rise up ѕhout it louder I'm the one who built the tower

• iolanda - Grito

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 14th (SF1) Country Appearances: 54 (45 finals) First participation: 1964 Best Result: 1st (2017) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Scream I heard it, I felt My body carrying me We keep going One and the other One and the other One and the other I'm free falling I'll let you know when I get there I surrender myself Little by little Long strides, stuck in the starting line I want to let go of what hurt me I ask the morning star to make the day Rise again I've transformed every verse within me And given in to the courage That still burns Still burns Beats the light in my chest and opens I'm a flame that still burns Still burns Still burns Today I want to prove to myself That I can be whatever I want Gather those who love me around a table Forgive those who wanted to see me suffer I can't be fooled (No!) I am whole I still remember when I was little I dreamed first Long strides, stuck in the starting line I want to let go of what hurt me I ask the morning star to make the day Rise again I've transformed every verse within me And given in to the courage That still burns Still burns Beats the light in my chest and opens I'm a flame that still burns Still burns Still burns I'm a flame that still burns Still burns I'm a flame that still burns Still burns It burns It burns It burns I've transformed every verse within me And given in to the courage That still burns Still burns Beats the light in my chest and opens I'm a flame thаt still burns Still burns Still burnѕ

• MEGARA - 11:11

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 10th (SF2) Country Appearances: 13 (3 finals) First participation: 2008 Best Result: 19th (2019) Artist pronouns: Kenzy (She/Her); Rober (He/Him); Vitti (He/Him); Kat (She/Her); Aria (She/Her); Emma (She/Her)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: My heart is broken But it's kind of ironic Nothing romantic A wound between the two I know it sounds tragic But it's not Can you stop wasting time Looking for everything, looking for my veins? I know there's nothing to do But who are you? Please take it out You'll be able to jump all night Come and give me a reason To want to change those voices You know some lie and others don't I-D-G-A-F Because if you don't want me Other people will Do you want to be the big bad wolf? And you're the pathetic lesser evil You think you can bring me down We lit up Benidorm You say it's illogical Even magical And it's just rock and roll You'll be able to jump all night Come and give me a reason To want to change those voices You know some lie and others don't Give me a sign (all night long) I always want more I won't take a step back If I'm where you are We like to party But we love rock You'll be able to jump all night Come and give me a reason To want to change those voices You know some lie You'll be able to jump all night Come and give me a reason To want to change those voices You know some lie and others don't (I-D-G-A-F) Becauѕe if you don't wаnt me Other people will

• Teya Dora - Ramonda

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 2nd (SF1) Country Appearances: 15 (12 finals) First participation: 2007 Best Result: 1st (2007) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: I don't have, I don't have, I don't have Neither peace, nor sleep The night frightens the day The lonely ones suffer Everything is quiet just like under the water I scream, but the sound doesn't come out There is a white flare behind the mountain I cannot see the end of it This is the road for wounded And there is no one to guide me Towards the bright North Star The world is on fire, every flower too Where have lilac ramondas disappeared to? Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda And there is no one to guide me 'Cause all the stars fell asleep Prayers also don't help Where have lilac ramondas disappeared to? Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda Lilac ramonda It rises from asheѕ One lilac ramondа

• Raiven - Veronika

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 9th (SF1) Country Appearances: 28 (16 finals) First participation: 1993 Best Result: 7th (1995, 2001) Artist pronouns: She/Her
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: I hid in the river and went into the silent night With loud steps, voiceless cries for help Now that I am just water In the waves, I seek peace I drown in myself, I surrender to the light Find me, wound me, protect me Who do you chase when you leave me? Lift me up, let me go, love me Who hunts you when you fear me? Who are you afraid of when you deny your desires? You look me in the eyes, the image of you shines in them I am a frameless mirror Just a reflection of your fears Find me, wound me, protect me Who do you chase when you leave me? Lift me up, let me go, love me (Who hunts you when you fear me?) I am You are Veronika Only she knows your truth I am You are Veronika Only she knows your truth I am You are Veronikа Only she knowѕ your truth

• Nebulossa - ZORRA

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: N/A Country Appearances: 62 (62 finals) First participation: 1961 Best Result: 1st (1968, 1969) Artist pronouns: María Bas (She/Her); Mark Dasousa (He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: (Vixen, vixen…) I know I'm just a vixen to you My past is gobbling you up I know I'm the black sheep The misunderstood, the one made of stone I know I'm not who you want me to be (I know) I get it, it's driving you up the wall (I know) But this is just my nature Can't be bothered changing for you I'm in a good place now It was just a matter of time I'm gonna hit the streets and shout out what I feel From the rooftops If I head out solo, I'm a bit of a vixen If I'm having fun, I'm the biggest vixen If I stretch the night till it's daylight I'm an even bigger vixen When I get what I want (Vixen, vixen) It's never 'cause I deserve it (Vixen, vixen) Even though I'm taking on the world No one appreciates it at all I'm in a good place now It was just a matter of time I'm gonna hit the streets and shout out what I feel From the rooftops I'm in a good place now (Vixen, vixen) Rebuilt from the inside out (Vixen, vixen) And that vixen you were so scared of, she's been empowering herself And now she's a picture-perfect vixen (Vixen, vixen, vixen) Who's not doing so badly (Vixen, vixen, vixen) And couldn't care less about anything Go ahead, throw stones, if that's your thing I'm a picture-perfect vixen I'm a real woman (Vixen, vixen, vixen) And if I get all worked up (Vixen, vixen, vixen) From vixen, I might just turn into a jackal If so, you're in trouble I'm a picture-perfect vixen (Vixen, vixen) I'm in a good place now Just a matter of time I'm gonna hit the streets and shout out what I feel From the rooftops I'm in a good place now (Vixen, vixen, vixen) Rebuilt from the inside out (Vixen, vixen, vixen) And that vixen you were so scared of, she's been empowering herself And now she'ѕ а picture-perfect vixen

• Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable

Song Info
    Final Draw: 1st 2024 Semi-Final Draw: N/A Country Appearances: 62 (61 finals) First participation: 1958 Best Result: 1st (1974, 1984, 1991, 1999, 2012, 2015, 2023) Artist pronouns: Marcus (He/Him); Martinus (He/Him)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: She comes alive at night When her prey's asleep Make your eyes go blind And now you're in too deep She's gonna chew you up And leave you empty, hollow Then she'll spit you out Anyway I follow She's gonna hurt you bad But it feels so good I don't care No I don't care You better know she's dangerous She is unforgettable And it feels so good it hurts She is unforgettable Whoah She's unforgettable She's unforgettable She's unforgettable Her love is venomous It's getting serious She's gonna chew you up And leave you empty, hollow Then she'll spit you out Anyway I follow She's gonna hurt you bad But it feels so good I don't care No I don't care You better know she's dangerous She is unforgettable (unforgettable) And it feels so good it hurts She is unforgettable Whoah She's unforgettable She's unforgettable She's unforgettable Her love Is dangerous And know it It's venomous Cause I feel it Inside of me She's unforgettable Her love Is dangerous And know it It's venomous Cause I feel it Inside of me She'ѕ unforgettаble

• Nemo - The Code

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 4th (SF2) Country Appearances: 63 (52 finals) First participation: 1956 Best Result: 1st (1956, 1988) Artist pronouns: They/Them
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Welcome to the show, let everybody know I'm done playing the game, I'll break out of the chains You better buckle up, I'll pour another cup This is my bohème, so drink it up, my friend Uh, uhh This story is my truth I, I went to hell and back to find myself on track I broke the code, oh ohh Like ammonites, I just gave it some time Now I found paradise I broke the code, oh ohh Let me tell you a tale about life 'Bout the good and the bad, better hold on tight Who decides what's wrong, what's right Everything is balance, everything's light I got so much on my mind and I been awake all night I'm so pumped, I'm so psyched It's bigger than me, I'm getting so hyped, like Uhh Let me taste the lows and highs Uhh Let me feel that burning fright This story is my truth I, I went to hell and back to find myself on track I broke the code, oh ohh Like ammonites, I just gave it some time Now I found paradise I broke the code, oh ohh Somewhere between the 0's and 1's That's where I found my kingdom come My heart beats like a… Somewhere between the 0's and 1's That's where I found my kingdom come My heart beats like a drum I, I went to hell and back to find myself on track I broke the code, oh ohh Like ammonites, I just gave it some time Now I found parаdiѕe I broke the code, oh ohh

• alyona alyona & Jerry Heil - Teresa & Maria

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: 5th (SF1) Country Appearances: 18 (18 finals) First participation: 2003 Best Result: 1st (2004, 2016, 2022) Artist pronouns: Alyona Alyona (she/her); Jerry Heil (she/her)
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: Spri-spri-spring Carves its way No matter what The world is on her shoulders Pa-pa-path Is winding and rocky But you should know: your own happiness Is in your hands Come on, little girl, light up I'm not holy, I'm alive Mother Teresa and Diva Maria are with us Barefoot, as if on a blade, they walked on the ground With us mama Teresa, Diva Maria All the Divas were born as human beings Mother Teresa and Diva Maria are with us Barefoot, as if on a blade, they walked on the ground With us mama Teresa, Diva Maria All the Divas were born as human beings Even when we were little, we searched for a path And life is a loop, as if for those who are falling On her shoulders, still a young girl She carries a burden of pain, seeing it as a flaw Again not as she should be, or too tender Clothes on her bones, naked or going down the aisle Where is your child? What is your life? But the years are flying! You should be aware: the end is near And may someone want us to break May there be energy in you Not the elbow-deep, but the finger-deep And may someone hide hatred And envy behind a smile When you let anger into your heart Instead of kindness and love But there are saints in the sky Their feet have seen this earth, you know That's why your thorny Path is not in vain And though it may be very scary and dark And sometimes not easy But you'll always have your ancestors Following you from heaven Mother Teresa and Diva Maria are with us Barefoot, as if on a blade, they walked on the ground With us mama Teresa, Diva Maria All the Divas were born as human beings Mother Teresa and Diva Maria are with us Barefoot, as if on a blade, they walked on the ground With us mama Teresa, Diva Maria All the Divas were born as humаn beingѕ

• Olly Alexander - Dizzy

Song Info
    Final Draw: TBC 2024 Semi-Final Draw: N/A Country Appearances: 65 (65 finals) First participation: 1957 Best Result: 1st (1967, 1969, 1976, 1981, 1997) Artist pronouns: He/Him
    |

Lyrics
    English Lyrics: There's a place where we break the line Make it a circle redefined Beautiful gardens, eternal flowers You know the way, so take me there Won't you make me dizzy from your kisses? Will you take my hand and spin me 'Round and 'round until the moment never ends? Make me dizzy from your kisses Will you take my hand and spin me? Take me back to the beginning again Pulling me close, I feel a stillness in the air Time has frozen, all memories lost So won't you make me dizzy from your kisses? Will you take my hand and spin me 'Round and 'round until the moment never ends? Make me dizzy from your kisses Will you take my hand and spin me? Take me back to the beginning again So don't you make me dizzy from, oh… There isn't an end, there isn't a start I don't wanna stop, I can't go too far There isn't an end, there isn't a start I don't wanna stop, I can't go too far There isn't an end, there isn't a start I don't wanna stop, I can't go too far There isn't an end, there isn't So won't you make me dizzy from your kisses? Will you take my hand and spin me 'Round and 'round until the moment never ends? Make me dizzy from your kisses Will you take my hand and ѕpin me? Take me back to the beginning agаin

Last edited:
Years

E&M Eurovision Quiz 2024!!!

Our ESC poll is still open for a few more days, and while we wait to crown our PC champion, we have some music related events for you to enjoy whether you participated in our poll or not, everyone is welcome!

There are three events this year, a general knowledge quiz with questions based on the countries in this year's contest, non-esc songs from famous Eurovision artists for you to guess, and - in the grand Eurovision tradition - a postcard round!

The winner of the quiz will be able to claim a shiny standard virtual Pokémon of your choosing from our wonderful family over at Virtual Pokémon Pet

You have until Mon 13th May at 10:59 PM (UTC) / 11:59pm (BST) to submit your answers for any or all of the quiz events. You also have until then to submit or tweak your top 10 ESC songs of 2024 if you would like to. The results of our ESC poll, as well as the quiz results, will be posted soon after!

We hope you will all join in the celebration!!!

ESC Quiz 1:
Who the Hell Is Edgar?

Think you're good at quizzing? Try your hand at our general knowledge competition based on countries in this year's Eurovision Song Contest!

In the spirit of the ESC, let's use this as an opportunity to get to know our European (+ extras) peers! You have until the end of our event (see main post) to submit your answers. No googling, have fun, and... GOOD LUCK!!!

Please message your answers to:
Starlight

Question 1
The smallest town in the world is in which country?

Question 2
Silbo Gomero, a language consisting entirely of whistling is used in which country?

Question 3
Germany's largest annual beer festival begins in which month?

Question 4
The Cyrillic alphabet was created in which country?

Question 5
Which country claims to have the highest toilet in Europe?

Question 6
Alongside Spain, which other country in this year's contest has no lyrics in their national anthem?

Question 7
Lettish is the official language of where?

Question 8
Oat milk originated in which country?

Question 9
Halloween is believed to be inspired by which festival originating in Ireland and The United Kingdom?

Question 10
Writer Franz Kafka was born in which city?

Question 11
What country is former world number 1 tennis player Caroline Wozniacki from?

Question 12
What is the oldest continuously used university in the world?

ESC Quiz 2:
Picture Perfect Vixen Postcards!

Postcards are one of the nicest things about the Eurovision Song Contest, they allow you to see things about each country that perhaps you might not have noticed otherwise. In that spirit, we have posted 12 pictures below from countries in this year's contest. There are landmarks, landscapes, famous things, and fabulous places - all you have to do is guess the countries from the postcards!

Some of these might surprise you, and don't worry if you don't know many, this is all about looking for clues, making guesses and having fun!

You have until the end of our event (see main post) to submit your answers. No googling and most of all good luck!!!

Starlight

ESC Quiz 3:
Dance (Our Own Party)!

Below you will find 10 songs by people that have performed at the Eurovision Song Contest... but it wasn't with these songs!

Tell me who they are by listening to the intros. You will get 1 point for each of the artist, title, and country they represented at ESC if you are able to guess it so up to 30 points are up for grabs! All songs have been tweaked slightly to give no results (or sometimes even false ones!) in song matching software, so you'll need to rely on your music knowledge alone!

You have until the end of our event (see main post) to submit your answers. Good luck!

Starlight

Song 1

Song 2

Song 3

Song 4

Song 5

Song 6

Song 7

Song 8

Song 9

Song 10

Last edited:
Years
Ooooh, interested!

Here are my top 10 finally!
  1. San Morino - oh come on, San Morino this is just unfair. This is an absolute banger that is ticking ALL the boxes I want it to - it's got that chaotic Eurovision charm, the song itself is a really catchy metal banger and their overall vibe is fantastic. Definitely my favs to win!!!!
  2. Estonia - YEEEESSSSSSSS. This is so bonkers, I love it. But even better is that it's equal parts wild and musically good!
  3. Ireland - this is such an unorthodox pick for Ireland and I absolutely love it! Their general energy is great, the aesthetic is funky and unique and the music I am really enjoying. I hope this translates onto the stage really well, could be potential winner material if it does!
  4. Austria - I appreciate the commitment to age old adage that a lot of mainland European music is stuck in that 90s euro-house phase, this is a really energetic, punchy and powerful number!
  5. Azerbaijan - it's not super bad, but felt quite generic to me.
  6. Finland - Keep them coming! Again it's that hyperbolic goofiness that to me is one of the biggest draws of Eurovision. I will say that this is more akin to when the competition entries focused a little TOO much on just being as weird and wonderful as they could, perhaps at the expense of the actual song a little.
  7. Croatia - everything about this is so goofy and stupid and I am HERE FOR IT. The song itself is... strange. Very odd melodeath that doesn't want to quite fully commit, but the precipice of it all and the fact it's Baby Lasagna is the level of Eurovision charm I've been looking for! Can't wait to see what they do live.
  8. Czechia - I really enjoy this! Very powerful vocals and a really nice song, but it does feel a little different to some of the other female-fronted acts and that's what I think I enjoy about it the most. There's an almost Paramore-esque quality to it.
  9. Slovenia - something a little different! Again it seems to harken to that 90s house/disco era but with some modern flair, really enjoy this song.
  10. Ukraine - honestly this was super mid until the rap kicked in. Love it when an Eurovision entry throws curveballs like this!
And my thoughts on the rest of the songs below:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Ooooh, interested!

Just going to take another gander at the songs throughout today and then edit my top 10 back into here
Welcome to the 2024 edition!!!

I can't wait to see who your favourites are this year!

You have been given the task of representing Lithuania this time! Here is your signature code if you want to add your flag 😊

Code:
[center][cd=display:inline-flex;font-family:flamenco;][float="Flying the flag for Lithuania in the 2024 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!
"][cimg="width:65px"]https://i.imgur.com/dkmMMnt.png[/cimg][/float]
[/cd]
[url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/eurovision-song-contest-pc-event-2024.527731/"][font="satisfy"]PC Eurovision Event 2024[/font][/url][/center]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Seen today
Returns to bumble through yet another quiz with the help of the American education system. Should have time to listen to some of the songs tomorrow.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Took quite a while to go through each of them, came to a proper list of my top 10. Some were MUCH harder to place than others, and not necessarily for 1st either. I can certainly say Serbia and Belgium battled hard for a spot in my top 5 for sure... Though France and Latvia blew it out of the water in terms of vocals... I honestly wouldn't be disappointed to hear either of them win. I gave it to France though, but only because of the last 30 seconds being so explosive. But both technically should be my first place...

France-1
Latvia-2
Estonia-3
Belgium-4
Norway-5
Serbia-6
Spain-7
Denmark-8
Netherlands-9
Azerbaijan-10

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Returns to bumble through yet another quiz with the help of the American education system. Should have time to listen to some of the songs tomorrow.
Welcome back! I think you're being a little modest there! Good luck again this year!

This year Portugal have snapped up your services to represent them! Your sig code if you want to fly the flag:

Code:
[center][cd=display:inline-flex;font-family:flamenco;][float="Flying the flag for Portugal in the 2024 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!
"][cimg="width:65px"]https://i.imgur.com/KQNIiHz.png[/cimg][/float]
[/cd]
[url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/eurovision-song-contest-pc-event-2024.527731/"][font="satisfy"]PC Eurovision Event 2024[/font][/url][/center]

Years
Took quite a while to go through each of them, came to a proper list of my top 10. Some were MUCH harder to place than others, and not necessarily for 1st either. I can certainly say Serbia and Belgium battled hard for a spot in my top 5 for sure... Though France and Latvia blew it out of the water in terms of vocals... I honestly wouldn't be disappointed to hear either of them win. I gave it to France though, but only because of the last 30 seconds being so explosive. But both technically should be my first place...

France-1
Latvia-2
Estonia-3
Belgium-4
Norway-5
Serbia-6
Spain-7
Denmark-8
Netherlands-9
Azerbaijan-10

Spoiler:
Welcome to the mayhem Alex!!!

Thank you for sharing your top 10! Some really strong vocalists in that list!!!

Great to see some love for Latvia in 2nd there! Dons is very famous in his home country apparently but virtually unknown outside that, maybe that will change after ESC.

You have been assigned Slovenia as your home country! You can find the optional sig code here:

Code:
[center][cd=display:inline-flex;font-family:flamenco;][float="Flying the flag for Slovenia in the 2024 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!
"][cimg="width:65px"]https://i.imgur.com/XuDt5Ph.png[/cimg][/float]
[/cd]

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Welcome to the mayhem Alex!!!

Thank you for sharing your top 10! Some really strong vocalists in that list!!!

Great to see some love for Latvia in 2nd there! Dons is very famous in his home country apparently but virtually unknown outside that, maybe that will change after ESC.

You have been assigned Slovenia as your home country! You can find the optional sig code here:

Code:
[center][cd=display:inline-flex;font-family:flamenco;][float="Flying the flag for Slovenia in the 2024 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!
"][cimg="width:65px"]https://i.imgur.com/XuDt5Ph.png[/cimg][/float]
[/cd]

It would seem like the flag doesn't want to show up in my flair for some reason... I tried copy-pasting the code, but all that shows up is the "PC Eurovision Event 2024" part and a bunch of code spaghetti on top of it...

Years
It would seem like the flag doesn't want to show up in my flair for some reason... I tried copy-pasting the code, but all that shows up is the "PC Eurovision Event 2024" part and a bunch of code spaghetti on top of it...
Oh gosh I'm sorry Alex! The code looks ok at first glance but I might be missing it. Did you mean signature when you said flair because I don't think it'll work in a flair unfortunately. It should work in a signature though:

Flying the flag for Slovenia in the 2024 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!

PC Eurovision Event 2024

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Oh gosh I'm sorry Alex! The code looks ok at first glance but I might be missing it. Did you mean signature when you said flair because I don't think it'll work in a flair unfortunately. It should work in a signature though:

Flying the flag for Slovenia in the 2024 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!

PC Eurovision Event 2024

I did indeed mean signature... Whoops. And I'll try it again.
Edit:Seems to just not show up in the Sig field while editing it, but it works.

Years
Rim Tim Tagi Digi Rim Tim Tim

*cough* anyway....
I've been struggling to finalize a top 10 for a while now... like my top 5 was easily set, but there were quite a few songs I liked enough to put in a top 10, but not enough space xD

1) Serbia - Beautiful song imo
2) Albania - I prefer songs sung in their native language (if it isn't English), but it's a very good song imo.
3) San Marino - I mean, Rock & Metal will just always be my jam and this is just a good song =P :cool:
4) Croatia - Kinda annoyingly catchy... but a very fun song to listen to.
5) Belgium - Good well sung song.

aaaand, then things became complicated for me... too many good songs competing for those last 5 spots.

6) Latvia - I like the song, but I can't put the English version any higher. It's good, but had he participated with the Latvian version of the song Alex linked this would easily be in 4th for me. Might even have pushed San Marino out of my top 3.
7) Switzerland - Not really a fan of the rap-like section, but the rest of the song is very good.
8) Armenia - Very fun song to listen to.
9) Israel - Singer's got a beautiful voice, but I don't like the song itself as much as the others above.
10) Netherlands - Initially didn't care about it. I'm just not a fan of gabber. Seemed like a typical party song too so I let it play while doing something else, wasn't even really paying attention to the lyrics. Then I hear him say "Ik ben echt alles kwijt, behalve de tijd", which basically means "I've really lost everything, except for the/my time (as in time on this planet / being alive)". Which caught me by surprise so I went back to the video. There's some other lyrics as well where he talks about his pain, so that sad ending didn't fully surprise me, but it still had me in tears. :sadwick:
The more I listened to it the more the sad meaning of certain parts of the song started getting to me, so I'm putting it in 10 despite not liking gabber.

Lithuania, Italy, Poland, Georgia, Denmark, Czechia, Germany all almost made it on there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Seen today
Finished listening to all of them. Wrote short comments on all of them this year. Would have struggled to make a full top 10 (again) otherwise.

1. San Marino: Largely a case of a better genre match than the others.
2. Croatia: Liked the sound. Probably plummets in rating by looking at the English lyrics. (Read them. Never mind. No change.)
3. Estonia: Weak like. Sounds like a great background/rhythm/whatever to build on. Wants more of a melody or something. Lacks something.
4. Finland: Likes the instrumentals, but not the singer. Feels buried by it.
5. France: Good singer. (Returned here after listening to all the songs to reorder the top 10ish. Probably the best one out of everyone.) Not interested by the song.
6. Azerbaijan: Decent voice.
7. Armenia: Not many words. Weak like purely on the trumpet.
8. Austria: Weak like on the sound. Committed hard to fanservice.
9. Slovenia: Liked the little "brah"s. Gave the song a little spookier tone. Thinks of nothing else particularly positive, however.
10. Serbia: Heard some emotion from this singer. Beats most of the others on that little bit.

Spoiler: The rest
Switzerland: Not a fan, but better than the standard.
Ireland: Did not sound nice. Was at least interested enough to keep watching/listening. Awarded points for being so different.
Luxembourg: Not quite "standard", but not breaking through either. Was more interested in trying to pick out the French than the song. (Did the same for France's.)
Italy: Hoped for something more interesting at the opening. Nope. Rates as "eh".
Ukraine: Started okay with the chant. Settled into neutral territory after that.
Netherlands: Different, but not that interesting.
Malta: Mostly standard.
Australia: Standard. Boring video.
Latvia: Standard.
Albania: Standard. A little unfocused, instrumentally, with the ending?
Belgium: Standard.
Georgia: Standard.
Sweden: Standard or close enough to it.
Germany: Standard.
United Kingdom: Standard.
Israel: Standard
Poland: Standard.
Cyrpus: Standard.
Norway: Wanted to like this for the fairy tale elements, but no.
Denmark: Really standard. Too conversational-sounding? Neat heartbeat effect on the clothing.
Iceland: See above (Denmark), minus the heartbeat.
Moldova: Too conversational, with some interspersed noises.
Spain: Bored by the song.
Lithuania: All basic background/rhythm, zero melody.
Portugal: Probably relies on an emotional connection. Felt nothing from the singer. Read the lyrics to give it a better chance. Nope. (Fights an uphill battle on this one, admittedly.)
Czechia: Sounds...out of tune?
Greece: Unpleasant.

Years

*cough* anyway....
I've been struggling to finalize a top 10 for a while now... like my top 5 was easily set, but there were quite a few songs I liked enough to put in a top 10, but not enough space xD

2) Albania - I prefer songs sung in their native language (if it isn't English), but it's a very good song imo.
3) San Marino - I mean, Rock & Metal will just always be my jam and this is just a good song =P :cool:

aaaand, then things became complicated for me... too many good songs competing for those last 5 spots.

6) Latvia - I like the song, but I can't put the English version any higher. It's good, but had he participated with the Latvian version of the song Alex linked this would easily be in 4th for me. Might even have pushed San Marino out of my top 3.
7) Switzerland - Not really a fan of the rap-like section, but the rest of the song is very good.
9) Israel - Singer's got a beautiful voice, but I don't like the song itself as much as the others above.
10) Netherlands - Initially didn't care about it. I'm just not a fan of gabber. Seemed like a typical party song too so I let it play while doing something else, wasn't even really paying attention to the lyrics. Then I hear him say "Ik ben echt alles kwijt, behalve de tijd", which basically means "I've really lost everything, except for the/my time (as in time on this planet / being alive)". Which caught me by surprise so I went back to the video. There's some other lyrics as well where he talks about his pain, so that sad ending didn't fully surprise me, but it still had me in tears. :sadwick:
The more I listened to it the more the sad meaning of certain parts of the song started getting to me, so I'm putting it in 10 despite not liking gabber.

Lithuania, Italy, Poland, Georgia, Denmark, Czechia, Germany all almost made it on there.
Welcome to the 2024 edition! I will reply to your selection later when I get chance but I wanted to let you know you have been selected to represent San Marino!

Your flag code is here if you would like to rep it:
Code:
[center][cd=display:inline-flex;font-family:flamenco;][float="Flying the flag for San Marino in the 2024 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!
"][cimg="width:65px"]https://i.imgur.com/rFcrxdh.png[/cimg][/float]
[/cd]

Years

*cough* anyway....

Thank you!!!

If you like Albania then honestly you should check out the original Albanian language version (Zemrën n'dorë). I personally think it's even better than the English revamp!

Alex played a ton of Dons' songs at last weekend's QueUp session and my goodness that dude can sing. Well worth checking out his other stuff too.

I was curious how Netherlands would come across for those that speak the language. I have obviously read the lyrics but when you can't understand them being sung I think something is lost.

Years
Finished listening to all of them. Wrote short comments on all of them this year. Would have struggled to make a full top 10 (again) otherwise.

1. San Marino: Largely a case of a better genre match than the others.
2. Croatia: Liked the sound. Probably plummets in rating by looking at the English lyrics. (Read them. Never mind. No change.)
3. Estonia: Weak like. Sounds like a great background/rhythm/whatever to build on. Wants more of a melody or something. Lacks something.
4. Finland: Likes the instrumentals, but not the singer. Feels buried by it.
5. France: Good singer. (Returned here after listening to all the songs to reorder the top 10ish. Probably the best one out of everyone.) Not interested by the song.
6. Azerbaijan: Decent voice.
7. Armenia: Not many words. Weak like purely on the trumpet.
8. Austria: Weak like on the sound. Committed hard to fanservice.
9. Slovenia: Liked the little "brah"s. Gave the song a little spookier tone. Thinks of nothing else particularly positive, however.
10. Serbia: Heard some emotion from this singer. Beats most of the others on that little bit.

Spoiler: The rest
Switzerland: Not a fan, but better than the standard.
Ireland: Did not sound nice. Was at least interested enough to keep watching/listening. Awarded points for being so different.
Luxembourg: Not quite "standard", but not breaking through either. Was more interested in trying to pick out the French than the song. (Did the same for France's.)
Italy: Hoped for something more interesting at the opening. Nope. Rates as "eh".
Ukraine: Started okay with the chant. Settled into neutral territory after that.
Netherlands: Different, but not that interesting.
Malta: Mostly standard.
Australia: Standard. Boring video.
Latvia: Standard.
Albania: Standard. A little unfocused, instrumentally, with the ending?
Belgium: Standard.
Georgia: Standard.
Sweden: Standard or close enough to it.
Germany: Standard.
United Kingdom: Standard.
Israel: Standard
Poland: Standard.
Cyrpus: Standard.
Norway: Wanted to like this for the fairy tale elements, but no.
Denmark: Really standard. Too conversational-sounding? Neat heartbeat effect on the clothing.
Iceland: See above (Denmark), minus the heartbeat.
Moldova: Too conversational, with some interspersed noises.
Spain: Bored by the song.
Lithuania: All basic background/rhythm, zero melody.
Portugal: Probably relies on an emotional connection. Felt nothing from the singer. Read the lyrics to give it a better chance. Nope. (Fights an uphill battle on this one, admittedly.)
Czechia: Sounds...out of tune?
Greece: Unpleasant.
Thank you for submitting your favourites!

I hold San Marino in really high regard so the love so far in this thread has really warmed my heart! I am even thinking of taking a San Marino flag this year!

My own personal opinion on Slovenia is that the singer oversells the song. I have seen some mesmerising live performances from her, hopefully she can deliver in Malmo.

Finland might just be the opposite tbh. I love the song but I do worry about the live vocals. Hopefully that worry is unfounded!

Back