• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even More Fixes and Additions to Help-14's Following Pokemon Script

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
I´m really «sad« no one helps me with this Script, that doesn't work for me
I followed the Instruction perfectly I copied from the Printable Version as I do always and I made an event called Dependent, which ID number is 41 and I put on a npc the Event Commands-> Script and put there: pbPokeStep
and then:-> Script -> pbPokemonFollow(41)
and I have all Images on Graphics/Animation
I playtest all the Time, I have an Ampharos from the Debug Menu and I CAN'T see him following me :( :( PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP (I can't anymore) sorry :'( I don't know what to do anymore, so plz help

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I have one problem :C I can't look in the Pokémon Menu Screen. Everytime the screen turns black and I'm not able to do something. Has anybody an idea what the problem is?

Years
I´m really «sad« no one helps me with this Script, that doesn't work for me
I followed the Instruction perfectly I copied from the Printable Version as I do always and I made an event called Dependent, which ID number is 41 and I put on a npc the Event Commands-> Script and put there: pbPokeStep
and then:-> Script -> pbPokemonFollow(41)
and I have all Images on Graphics/Animation
I playtest all the Time, I have an Ampharos from the Debug Menu and I CAN'T see him following me :( :( PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP (I can't anymore) sorry :'( I don't know what to do anymore, so plz help

Do you have the graphics for the characters? It can't possibly work without that.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Do you have the graphics for the characters? It can't possibly work without that.

No I just have that what came along with essentials.

Current Version: Version 1.3

You will also need to find sprites for the Pokemon Followers. These can be found on google pretty easily. If anyone has a link and can post it here I will add it to this post. These sprites should be called 001,001s,002,002s,etc, etc, etc. They go in the Graphics/Characters folder. The "s" means shiny. We are still working on adding multiple forms support.

Just read that again and I did not noticed the part that I must download Pokémon sprites o.o
I will wait till a new (stable) version comes out, because I need the npc's following the player, but I want them not to close to the player, I want the npc 1 step forward the player. (Sorry for my bad english) thanks anyway and keep up that great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
How can I install this into my Fire Red hack? Really want it but don't know how, really hope someone can help me with this and thanks in advance

This script is made for Pokemon Essentials/RPG Maker XP, it cannot be used in a hack unfortunately. Same applies to this entire section actually.
I think you're looking for this section

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
So, while this isn't a major gripe, I wonder if it's possible to stop the Follower Pokemon from using the coming out animation whenever I go to a new map, but keep the animation when I toggle the following pokemon on or off? If that's not possible though it's no big deal.

EDIT: Is it also possible to stop NPCs on the field from casually walking through my Pokemon?

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
so im working on a fan game and want to add following pokemon to the mix. I added the proper scripts into the editor and added the common events. at this point i am completely noobing up simply calling the event. I made the event called "Dependant" and put the script "pbPokemonFollow(6)" the 6th script on the map is what i want to follow my player(If i am still plebing up plz tell me). i beleive i am suppose to put something else into this but im not sure. when i activate the script to make a pokemon follow me i get this error message

Spoiler:

the first pokemon i have in my party is a Pikachu and i do have graphics for it. im just having troubles making the in game event work.
I honestly dont know where im going wrong, could some one please help me?
P.S. im runing on essentials V16

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
@mastahacka: Did you tried the hint from SN34KZ' post #230? You have to change a few things within the script.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 8, 2019
Hey there,
I'm be using the script and everything works fine exept for surfing.
Could someone help me out?

errorcode:

Spoiler:

Years
Hey there,
I'm be using the script and everything works fine exept for surfing.
Could someone help me out?

errorcode:

Spoiler:
That problem must have been fixed already here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360846

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Hmm I was wondering, would it be possible to have Pokemon specific messages? Like say the follower Pokemon is a Chikorita and I want the message: "(x) is waving its leaf around." to have a random chance of playing on any map, but only when Chikorita is the following Pokemon. So if Chikorita is the lead, I want that message to be one of the randomly selected messages, but only for chikortia.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2023
If I die I am at the pokemoncenter and my pokmeon gets invisible. If i talk to my pokemon i get this error:
---------------------------
Bootleg Pokemon Firered
Exception: NoMethodError

Following Pokemon:670:in `talk_to_pokemon'

Following Pokemon:1559:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Scene_Map:72:in `main'

Main:398:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:376:in `mainFunction'

Main:376:in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:376:in `mainFunction'

Main:408

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Andreas\Saved Games/Bootleg Pokemon Firered/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2023
I keep getting this error

Spoiler:

any suggestions?

Magi∆

MagiΔ
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2023
nope i get this error "Script game player line 530: NoMethodError occured undefined evidence for dependent events in nil:NilClass
and now all it is is syntax errors in the party script

Last edited:
Back