• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even More Fixes and Additions to Help-14's Following Pokemon Script

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    Hello, me you could put an image of the window of the Joy nurses?I do not get the Pokemon go away no matter how much I try.
    I mean as it should be this window:
    87b6337583f69a92b25479a7e17bdfa1.png

Do not know where or how to enter these commands:
    $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.remove_sprite(true)
    $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite
    If you leave me a picture, I'd appreciate it.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Thanks for helping correct some things that I missed, but now the error has changed.

Spoiler:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    egg? is how v15 found an egg, isEgg? is how v16 finds an egg... Are you being naughty and trying to put this into v16.

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I tried putting in the script and I get this error when I try to load the game

Exception: ArgumentError
    Game_Player:436:in `updateDependentEvents'
    Game_Player:436:in `update_old'
    Walk_Run:75:in `update'
    Scene_Map:104:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `update'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main'
    Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:72:in `main'
    Main:49:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    There are actually loads of changes, terrain tags are one of them... You'll have to identify them yourself... But I'm fairly sure they are now PBTerrain.isWaterTag?, something like that anyway.

Years
  • so i have a video on youtube showing how to add this script for v15.1 and i had a bunch of people posting error for v16 so someone commented how to fix it. this is his comment

First: Change everything in your "Pokemon Follow" Script that says: "egg?" to "isEgg?"
    Then: Change everything in your "Pokemon Follow" Script that says "pbIsWaterTag?" to "PBTerrain.isWater?"
    also Replace every "pbIsSurfableTag?" with "PBTerrain.isSurfable?" (In the Pokemon Follow Script of course.)

this is however untested by me so i cant say if it works or not

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    FINAL EDIT: So I've tested and can confirm, that replacing all old terrain tags with the new updated tags will fix it.

Thanks for all the people who helped!
    If anyone missed the fixes.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I followed all the steps as requested and when I tried to open my project received the following error:

Script 'Following Pokemon' line 187: SyntaxError occured.

Here's what's on line 187:

if events && events [8] == "Dependent"

Could you help me with this problem?

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I followed all the steps as requested and when I tried to open my project received the following error:

Script 'Following Pokemon' line 187: SyntaxError occured.

Here's what's on line 187:

if events && events [8] == "Dependent"

Could you help me with this problem?

Did you copy and paste the script from the printable version of this thread? I've gotten the same problem from just grabbing it from the forum version of this thread.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2019
    My Pokémon revets back while its in the alernate form once I go into a different map what can I do to help it stay in its alternate following form until it suppose to revert back?

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Hey, if anyone is still getting the nil error after resetting their save files and downloading the new animations, check Database --> Common Events --> Animations, and set it to a big number. I was having some problems with that after just downloading essentials, and putting it from 15 --> 100 cleared it for me!

I searched through this thread and didn't see my question asked before. I'd like to thank everyone for all of their work on this project; I had the nil/undefined method, 187 formatting, only cries on route, and egg errors!

Anyways, on essentials v15 and v16 after calling pbPokemonFollow on my common event, my follower spawns on top of the closest coded event, and deletes it! I tried running the script on the lappet town example, and the follower spawns on top of the door guy. If I leave the map and come back, he returns, so I thought it might just be a problem with that specific map, but every map I've tried it on, the follower spawns on top of the nearest unrelated event.

After spawning, it follows/despawns correctly while surfing and moving, but I can't talk to it at all! I can interact with berries/trees/the menu just fine, but my follower (and the sprite/event it replaces when spawning) can't be talked to at all. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and what I could do to fix it?

I tried uninstalling v16, then v15, and now I'm back, and this is making me feel dumb :(

EDIT: I fixed it! Not quite sure what was wrong, but I have everything working now after using the guy with the Butterfree-Dialga picture's v16.1! Would anyone be interested in a bare-bones Essentials file with just this script + an EV/IV screen?

My Pokémon revets back while its in the alernate form once I go into a different map what can I do to help it stay in its alternate following form until it suppose to revert back?

Can you ask the game to refresh_sprite via an event in a new route? If that works, you could put the command wherever in the script editor handles changing routes?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    EDIT: I fixed it! Not quite sure what was wrong, but I have everything working now after using the guy with the Butterfree-Dialga picture's v16.1! Would anyone be interested in a bare-bones Essentials file with just this script + an EV/IV screen?

I'm interested in this essentials file, please.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Here you go! Demo map spawns you in front of the default Safari Zone, where there's a Carbink wandering around; talk to it, and it'll join your party and activate the follower script!

I got all of the character/follower sprites from theSuzerain's game Pokemon Insurgence; all of the animated sprites for Gen. 6 are from Rayd12smitty, and mej71, I hope that's alright!

Oops, I can't post links; it's mediafire,

/download/kg5rkos5p9eq2qx/Essentials_v16_with_Followers_and_IV_Screen.zip

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Here you go! Demo map spawns you in front of the default Safari Zone, where there's a Carbink wandering around; talk to it, and it'll join your party and activate the follower script!

I got all of the character/follower sprites from theSuzerain's game Pokemon Insurgence; all of the animated sprites for Gen. 6 are from Rayd12smitty, and mej71, I hope that's alright!

Oops, I can't post links; it's mediafire,

/download/kg5rkos5p9eq2qx/Essentials_v16_with_Followers_and_IV_Screen.zip

Oh wow that's awesome!! Thank you so much! Who do we credit? Also, this just has the followers, not the gen 6 pokemon implemented right? Also, this file is incredibly large, and I noticed that on inspection of the battle sprites of the gen 6 pokemon, they have like 20 copies of the same sprite next to each other for no reason, which eats up space.

Actually, I just went through, and ALL of the sprites are like this, which explains that extreme size of the file.

- I just realized that this is probably animation. *dumb*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    This has all of Gen 6's Pokemon, as it's mej71's update (v16? can't post the link, but it's in his signature). It uses a .png spreadsheet to give the XY/ORAS 3d "models" instead of sprites for battlers, but the follower script still generates the little HGSS sprite followers in the overworld. I haven't tested all of the new Pokemon, but Fairy seems to be working, and I got a Carbink to follow me. That is, all 721 Pokemon have properly working models/follower sprites/battle moves.

Credits are the guys on the first page of this thread for the follower script, Mak1n0/Obito at RHR for the EV/IV screen, mej71 for the essentials file/update, and I got the character follower sprites from Pokemon Insurgence, so I'd guess it's their art team (EchoTheThird/LunarDusk/Zero_Breaker).

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • This has all of Gen 6's Pokemon, as it's mej71's update (v16? can't post the link, but it's in his signature). It uses a .png spreadsheet to give the XY/ORAS 3d "models" instead of sprites for battlers, but the follower script still generates the little HGSS sprite followers in the overworld. I haven't tested all of the new Pokemon, but Fairy seems to be working, and I got a Carbink to follow me. That is, all 721 Pokemon have properly working models/follower sprites/battle moves.

Credits are the guys on the first page of this thread for the follower script, Mak1n0/Obito at RHR for the EV/IV screen, mej71 for the essentials file/update, and I got the character follower sprites from Pokemon Insurgence, so I'd guess it's their art team (EchoTheThird/LunarDusk/Zero_Breaker).

And can I substitute those spreadsheets for sprites? I don't really want them to have models.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Yes, I believe so, just put the original sprite in and name it correctly. I haven't tried it personally, as using any other version of essentials gave me funny glitches, but a LOT of people from the previous pages have gotten it to work. I can't promise anything with my file, but good luck!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Yes, I believe so, just put the original sprite in and name it correctly. I haven't tried it personally, as using any other version of essentials gave me funny glitches, but a LOT of people from the previous pages have gotten it to work. I can't promise anything with my file, but good luck!

Okay, so it technically works, but now I have a floating rattata. Yay!

This will be fun to figure out.

Well, awesome, thanks, it's certainly better than what I had before.

Back